*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but counterpoint is the bust rate for high drafted WRs. You could have two very solid complimentary players in Mooney and Metcalf. That is ?
While it’s true I highly draft a wide receiver could very easily be less than DK Metcalf, the real issue is any hole you pay for Metcalf is paying for 2022 when the Bears are not in contention. He’s a free agent after 2022 so if you trade for him now you’re trading for one year. Now the downside of course is if he does get traded he’s more likely to not hit the market and that would be the one thing you have going for you if you could try to lock him up and keep them out of free agency but why would you pay a huge haul for one season?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
While it’s true I highly draft a wide receiver could very easily be less than DK Metcalf, the real issue is any hole you pay for Metcalf is paying for 2022 when the Bears are not in contention. He’s a free agent after 2022 so if you trade for him now you’re trading for one year. Now the downside of course is if he does get traded he’s more likely to not hit the market and that would be the one thing you have going for you if you could try to lock him up and keep them out of free agency but why would you pay a huge haul for one season?

Agreed. A Metcalf is who you go for when you are ready to contend, not during a rebuild. Shit, while you end up filling up the roster over the next couple years, you may end up drafting your own Metcalf. Get the team close, see what you got, and only THEN go for the Metcalf caliber player IF it makes sense.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want to celebrate late season games when the Packers don't play their starters most of the game, that is your deal, I applaud the Lions for those victories as well. Still are W's, I agree. Congrats. I don't want to lessen your glory. I get that every game against the Packers is your Super Bowl.

The last time the Lions beat the Packers with starters on the field the whole game was October of 2018. That was the season the Packers were 6-9-1 and fired McCarthy during the season. That was also the season of the Bears last victory vs. The Pack, which was with interim head coach Joe Philbin running the show.

Glad Bears and Lions fans can bond over something. Nice to see. Only thing missing is a Vikings fan here patting themselves on the back for any W vs. "The Kings Of The North." Their words, not mine.

Carry on, I will step aside and let you cats have your moment together.

Peace and junk. Should be a fun 2022 season. Bye.
Your starters were on the Field through the first half, and when they left, you were losing. Sorry to have to break that too you. Might I remind you the very next game you played, you were bounced from the playoffs, ala one and done.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

No way they would make that trade without having a long term deal in place (like Mack).

The biggest question is how much are you willing to dish out for Metcalf and Mooney.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Your starters were on the Field through the first half, and when they left, you were losing. Sorry to have to break that too you. Might I remind you the very next game you played, you were bounced from the playoffs, ala one and done.
Congrats, your team won a game that was prepared for and played like a glorified preseason game by the Packers.

As I said, don't take me wrong. I don't want to lessen your glory moment here. I know playing the Packers is your Super Bowl. How was the parade?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Congrats, your team won a game that was prepared for and played like a glorified preseason game by the Packers.

As I said, don't take me wrong. I don't want to lessen your glory moment here. I know playing the Packers is your Super Bowl. How was the parade?

What has this board come to when instead of talking Bears football, we have Packers fans fighting with Lions fans..... On a Chicago Bears board....

:speechless:

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
"What has this board come to when instead of talking Bears football, we have Packers fans fighting with Lions fans..... On a Chicago Bears board...." MJY

Maybe @Rush can create a sub-forum called NFC North or something similar and every time one of these doofuses tries to come on here they automatically get switched over. That way none of us has to put up with their incessant trolling and ridiculous hot takes on things they know nothing about. And they can "argue" back and forth to their heart's content. Plus, if any Bear fans want to engage them about anything, they too can go there and do it.
Ahh!! Peace and (relative) quiet at last.
P.S. I know this isn't going to happen but I can dream...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It’s sick. No way this guy “needs” 66 different masseuses. Especially a high profile athlete. You can be a great athlete and a shit human being. See Aaron Rodgers
That's the most damning thing to me. Like was literally not a single one of them good enough to be his regular masseuse? And IDK, maybe after 20 massage therapists from Instagram aren't good enough to be your regular masseuse, then I'd probably stop going to Instagram for masseuses. Throw in the fact that he was finding them on Instagram in the first place, that means he was picking them out based on looks. The only reason to get a masseuse based on attractiveness is because you want to bang em. The only reason to get 66 difference masseuses based on attractiveness is because you either banged the first 65 or tried to bang the first 65 and they weren't into it and you wanted some new cooch. I doubt he banged or did whatever with all 66 with consent. Maybe he did with 42 of them, but that just makes the 24 all the more credible, IMO.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't want Cousins if he was a street free agent. He is straight up ass in big games.

He's just an occasional fantasy stud. Hollow stats.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If you want to celebrate late season games when the Packers don't play their starters most of the game, that is your deal, I applaud the Lions for those victories as well. Still are W's, I agree. Congrats. I don't want to lessen your glory. I get that every game against the Packers is your Super Bowl.

The last time the Lions beat the Packers with starters on the field the whole game was October of 2018. That was the season the Packers were 6-9-1 and fired McCarthy during the season. That was also the season of the Bears last victory vs. The Pack, which was with interim head coach Joe Philbin running the show.

Glad Bears and Lions fans can bond over something. Nice to see. Only thing missing is a Vikings fan here patting themselves on the back for any W vs. "The Kings Of The North." Their words, not mine.

Carry on, I will step aside and let you cats have your moment together.

Peace and junk. Should be a fun 2022 season. Bye.
Aside from your usual word salad............A Packers troll and a Lions troll on a Bears message board would seem to have more in common. Proceed.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Can someone come up with a joke/punchline? A Packers fan and Lions fan walk into a Bears forum……

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Better than your playoffs.......

How many points did you score in that game again?

It was a home game, wasn't it?