*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Well yeah i expect them to be better based on no Nagy and Fields having more time to practice with the ones, but i dont see it being such a significant jump to where we feel confident that they know what they have. Its really hard to be as bad as they were last season.
I mean, a significant jump was never really in the cards given the circumstances. For the past few years, we've just wanted this offense to be average with some consistency and proper use of talent.

If they are able to do that, then they'll be in a better position to add pieces in the future. The right pieces, the right way. And it looks like they will actually have the resources to do that since they didn't over-spend (in the way of draft picks or financials) this offseason.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get it but i find it hard to imagine they'll get a good idea of what they have with arguably the worst offensive roster in the league. A young and undeveloped QB needs help. We all know where this is headed, even if many don't want to admit it.

Ahhh yes... I, who has a history of taking the "contrarian" stance that ends up being the correct one doesn't think for himself lmaooooo
I've ran circles around you on this board, which is why you pick and choose when to respond to me and when to pretend to have me on your ignore list. You've also been a Bears fan for 12 minutes.

Speaking of contrarian stances, remember when you said Deshaun Watson was never good when he has a top 1-3 career QB rating in a season where he led the league in yardage? Somehow he's terrible and is the reason his team loses but when Fields puts up 120 yards and 2 turnovers, its not his fault hahahahahahah get fucked
Ur kinda weird dude

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine having the most expensive offensive roster and Goff is your QB
Imagine not understanding that acquiring Goff's contract was part of the deal for receiving the draft capital they did in the Mathew Stafford trade. Bears could only be so lucky to be able to "buy" some draft picks next year instead of relying on the overpriced FA market...........

Only at 55% of total cap, not sure what the issue is here.

Want to know something really pathetic?

The Bears have more dead money in 2022 than they spent on their entire offense.

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Stop posting that guys shitty tweets. TY

Lots of shitty takes, but that likely is the core. Others likely shipped out by next year. Overhaul has started.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I do agree with Farve is some capacity. Having a QB like Rodgers will help pad your stats. But at the same time, Adams competed with no one for targets. I think Carr has enough talent to make Adams a 1,300 yard 10 TD receiver, but he’s also competing with Renfrow and Waller for touches. And I think that plays a bigger role over Carr vs Rodgers.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lots of shitty takes, but that likely is the core. Others likely shipped out by next year. Overhaul has started.
it's just that every team has a core of young players, many who are unproven. 6/8 of the players mentioned have something to prove. Only 2 of them we can bank on playing well this season. YAY!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It will like depend on how measured. Yards or points and take aways.
Cant take anyone seriously who uses yards to measure the success of a defense. This includes Adam Jahns insistence on calling last years squad a top 10 D.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Cant take anyone seriously who uses yards to measure the success of a defense. This includes Adam Jahns insistence on calling last years squad a top 10 D.

Pretty sure yards is how the -NFL- ranks defenses officially. So, Jahns is using the NFL's ranking.

Having said that, I agree it is dumb. I have always thought you should rank a defense by points allowed. At the end of the day, what matters is the scoreboard, not yards gained.

I think the argument is that the other team can score when the defense isn't on the field on things like a pick-6, fumble returned for a TD, or special teams TDs. I don't think those happen often enough really skew the numbers that much. But I'm pretty sure that is the argument.