**** OFFICIAL **** Opening Day 100 year anniversary FOOTBAW FOODBLOGTHREAD::: Bears vs. Packers Edition

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I haven't made ribs with my sous vide bath yet. But it looks like at least 12 hours to 24 hours in the bath. Then I think I'll smoke them. Then sauce them up and caramelize it. Hell yeah.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I haven't made ribs with my sous vide bath yet. But it looks like at least 12 hours to 24 hours in the bath. Then I think I'll smoke them. Then sauce them up and caramelize it. Hell yeah.
they turn out perfect every single time and you only have to actually smoke them for a halve hour.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
they turn out perfect every single time and you only have to actually smoke them for a halve hour.

That can't be enough smoke! I was thinking lowest temp for at least a couple of hours. :eek:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That can't be enough smoke! I was thinking lowest temp for at least a couple of hours. :eek:

Yeah, I was wondering about this too. Is 30 mins enough to develop a nice smoke ring?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, I was wondering about this too. Is 30 mins enough to develop a nice smoke ring?

Nah, HeHateMe just wanted to say "halve"

You gotta hit it with the smoke for 2-3 hours imo. Just don't want to really cook it any further.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Does anyone have a recipe that uses outraged red meat?

1CZB2

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nah, HeHateMe just wanted to say "halve"

You gotta hit it with the smoke for 2-3 hours imo. Just don't want to really cook it any further.
I only smoke for 30 minutes. All that is necessary if ribs are going into the smoker cold. For a pork shoulder sous vide, 2-3 and a halve hours.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'm going to the bar, so no cooking for me tonight... Lame, I know.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Pizza sounds good. Local bar uptown has a bad ass firecracker chicken pizza

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I need anyone going to the game to make sure it gets loud. Like really loud. Let the person next to you know and so on to be very loud. If you are not going to the game but you know someone who is, make sure you let them know to get loud and to pass the word. Soldier Field better be rocking tonight! I want the Packers scared and nervous!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Who’s going to the game? Who knows someone going to the game?

I need anyone going to the game to make sure it gets loud. Like really loud. Let the person next to you know and so on to be very loud. If you are not going to the game but you know someone who is, make sure you let them know to get loud and to pass the word. Soldier Field better be rocking tonight! I want the Packers scared and nervous!

wrong thread