OFFICIAL PFF Team Draft Grades

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kiss of death?

Day 1: The Bears underwhelmed when they settled for Andy Dalton earlier in the offseason, but they redressed the situation with an aggressive move for Justin Fields, the No. 3 player on PFF’s Big Board. Fields has special talent and back-to-back seasons with a 91.0-plus PFF grade. His ceiling is as high as any passer in this draft, and he’s a real threat in the run game.

Day 2: Buried in the celebrations of Chicago selecting quarterback Justin Fields was the state of the team’s offensive line on paper, but the Bears are making a major move to address that with a trade-up for Teven Jenkins. One of the best run blockers in the draft, Jenkins also pass-blocked well but had an extremely limited number of true pass-blocking plays to judge from.

Day 3: Thomas Graham Jr. opted out of the 2020 season, but it is still surprising to see him drop this far, given that he has three seasons of quality play as a starter on tape. He earned 80.0-plus PFF grades in each of the 2018 and 2019 seasons for Oregon and has a versatile, scheme-diverse skill set.

Draft Grade: A+

Detroit: A-
Green Bay: C-
Minnesota: B+

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In terms of those selected, it's absolutely the correct grade but you still need to factor in the 4th we gave up for Foles and other draft capital lost like the 5th we gave up to last year and also what was give towards next so maybe A- overall. In terms of what could possibly be accomplished vs what was accomplished with the revenue at hand in those 3 days. Fucking grand slam.
:yes:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kiss of death?

Day 1: The Bears underwhelmed when they settled for Andy Dalton earlier in the offseason, but they redressed the situation with an aggressive move for Justin Fields, the No. 3 player on PFF’s Big Board. Fields has special talent and back-to-back seasons with a 91.0-plus PFF grade. His ceiling is as high as any passer in this draft, and he’s a real threat in the run game.

Day 2: Buried in the celebrations of Chicago selecting quarterback Justin Fields was the state of the team’s offensive line on paper, but the Bears are making a major move to address that with a trade-up for Teven Jenkins. One of the best run blockers in the draft, Jenkins also pass-blocked well but had an extremely limited number of true pass-blocking plays to judge from.

Day 3: Thomas Graham Jr. opted out of the 2020 season, but it is still surprising to see him drop this far, given that he has three seasons of quality play as a starter on tape. He earned 80.0-plus PFF grades in each of the 2018 and 2019 seasons for Oregon and has a versatile, scheme-diverse skill set.

This is the one time I agree with PFF. Which scares the hell out of me...

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Kiss of death?

I’d like to start with Fuck Green Bay! Let them motherfuckers burn. They get what they get.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this has been the best Bears draft I have ever seen.

This United a fractured fan base and gave us hope, not to mention saved Pace and Too Cute their jobs.

So, watching Green Bay and Minnesota get flushed down the toilet that Detroit lives in is just a fucking joy to behold.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d like to start with Fuck Green Bay! Let them motherfuckers burn. They get what they get.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this has been the best Bears draft I have ever seen.

This United a fractured fan base and gave us hope, not to mention saved Pace and Too Cute their jobs.

So, watching Green Bay and Minnesota get flushed down the toilet that Detroit lives in is just a fucking joy to behold.
In hindsight I think the 2003 draft is probably one the best I’ve watched. (Too young for early 80s drafts). This one ranks up with it if both guys play up to potential and the rest of the draft turns into contributors .

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In hindsight I think the 2003 draft is probably one the best I’ve watched. (Too young for early 80s drafts). This one ranks up with it if both guys play up to potential and the rest of the draft turns into contributors .

I remember the ESPN Bears board lost their minds over that draft in anger

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Someone on Twitter is claiming that this is Thomas Graham getting burned badly while working out for scouts. Don't think it is representative of his larger body of work. But I am sure scouts found it hard to ignore. So, he may be a steal after all if this was a football during Covid era problem (lack of continuity in practice and games) OR he's just not pro caliber.