***OFFICIAL*** PICK THE BEST PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
For the few of you brave enough to challenge the gods and forever tie your CCS account to a choice you and you alone get to make, for all the bragging rights and all the ridicule, now is the time to show the world you have true grit.

So for those of you with just an ounce of gumption and that always burning competitive spirit, lets put ourselves out there one last time before the alien invasion.

I'll start. Jaxon Smith-Njigba will be the best player in this class. I think he can easily be Cooper Kupp, and it wouldn't shock me if he ended up even better.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For the few of you brave enough to challenge the gods and forever tie your CCS account to a choice you and you alone get to make, for all the bragging rights and all the ridicule, now is the time to show the world you have true grit.

So for those of you with just an ounce of gumption and that always burning competitive spirit, lets put ourselves out there one last time before the alien invasion.

I'll start. Jaxon Smith-Njigba will be the best player in this class. I think he can easily be Cooper Kupp, and it wouldn't shock me if he ended up even better.
I like your thinking but believe it's Bijan Robertson. DUAL THREAT RB. Hope the bears find a way to get both though.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bijan will do the best.

followed by Nathaniel "Tank" Dell out of Houston

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. And I know it's only 1 year, but Kupp had 145 catches and 1947 yards last year. There's almost 0 chance JSN ever hits those numbers, because literally nobody else ever has (1 person w/ more catches, 1 person w/ more yards, not the same person in the same year). And Cooper Kupp STILL isn't even the best player from his draft class.

If any of these QBs are any good, he will be the best from this class. So, I'll say Bryce Young.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. And I know it's only 1 year, but Kupp had 145 catches and 1947 yards last year. There's almost 0 chance JSN ever hits those numbers, because literally nobody else ever has (1 person w/ more catches, 1 person w/ more yards, not the same person in the same year). And Cooper Kupp STILL isn't even the best player from his draft class.

If any of these QBs are any good, he will be the best from this class. So, I'll say Bryce Young.
None of what you said in the first paragraph has anything to do with Jaxon Smith-Njigba and unless you show me your time machine. I'd venture to guess if I said Cooper Kupp would be a triple crown winner when he was coming out getting drafted in the third round you'd have said the same Special person hypothetical about him.

But good news, that's what this thread is for! Way to hitch your horse to a 5'9 qb as you throw your stones mr dawg

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
None of what you said in the first paragraph has anything to do with Jaxon Smith-Njigba and unless you show me your time machine. I'd venture to guess if I said Cooper Kupp would be a triple crown winner when he was coming out getting drafted in the third round you'd have said the same Special person hypothetical about him.

But good news, that's what this thread is for! Way to hitch your horse to a 5'9 qb as you throw your stones mr dawg
How does a paragraph responding to a comparison you made not have anything to do with the player in discussion?

But anyway, the point isn't about what JSN could do. The point is having a WR be the best player from his draft class, in general.

Justin Jefferson is the best WR in the game, and he wasn't the best player in his class (Joe Burrow)
Devante Adams was in a class with Aaron Donald
Cooper Kupp, who you said JSN could be as good as, was in the same class as Patrick Mahomes

So yes, it is silly to say JSN "can easily be" Kupp (your words) and it's even sillier when Kupp wasn't even the best player in his class.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
How does a paragraph responding to a comparison you made not have anything to do with the player in discussion?

But anyway, the point isn't about what JSN could do. The point is having a WR be the best player from his draft class, in general.

Justin Jefferson is the best WR in the game, and he wasn't the best player in his class (Joe Burrow)
Devante Adams was in a class with Aaron Donald
Cooper Kupp, who you said JSN could be as good as, was in the same class as Patrick Mahomes

So yes, it is silly to say JSN "can easily be" Kupp (your words) and it's even sillier when Kupp wasn't even the best player in his class.
Are you saying it's difficult to predict the best player in a draft class? Man, you know, that is a great point. I guess I never considered that. Sounds like a prediction thread with ZERO WRONG ANSWERS probably isn't for you since you are the all seeing eye, despite not even noticing your participation in this thread is a direct fucking indictment on the logic you just spewed out.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Oh wait I know you mr dawg. You're that weirdo that called JSNs actual teammates liars after totally botching an important timeline on what they said. That was right after you prefaced it by saying "I'm as big a JSN fan as anybody".

Listen it's none of my business that you just make things up on the fly to pretend like you have close intimate knowledge of specific players in the draft. But don't come derail MY THREADS THAT I WORK HARD ON JUST BC YOURE MAD YOU LOOKED LIKE A DOOFUS. Find something to better occupy your time. Here

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Are you saying it's difficult to predict the best player in a draft class?
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Almost saying that opposite, because it's almost always a QB is the best player in a draft class and almost never a WR.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Almost saying that opposite, because it's almost always a QB is the best player in a draft class and almost never a WR.
If a QB is almost always the best player in the draft, why the fuck is it the most sought after position in football dude?

????

???????????

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Oh wait I know you mr dawg. You're that weirdo that called JSNs actual teammates liars after totally botching an important timeline on what they said. That was right after you prefaced it by saying "I'm as big a JSN fan as anybody".

Listen it's none of my business that you just make things up on the fly to pretend like you have close intimate knowledge of specific players in the draft. But don't come derail MY THREADS THAT I WORK HARD ON JUST BC YOURE MAD YOU LOOKED LIKE A DOOFUS. Find something to better occupy your time. Here

Crazy. I just give opinions on a message board. You guys are the MF'ers that take it like I am presenting my opinions as fact. I just support my opinions with facts.

Your belief that JSN can easily be Kupp and the best player in this draft is based on a hunch. My belief that he won't be the best player in the draft is supported by things I believe is evidence to support my opinion.

I understand you are completely entitled to your opinion, but I am entitled to tell you why I disagree with it. Isn't that what message boards are for?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If a QB is almost always the best player in the draft, why the fuck is it the most sought after position in football dude?

????

???????????
Re-read what you wrote and let me know what part of this makes sense.

Don't get mad I disagree with you. Support your opinion.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Crazy. I just give opinions on a message board. You guys are the MF'ers that take it like I am presenting my opinions as fact. I just support my opinions with facts.

Your belief that JSN can easily be Kupp and the best player in this draft is based on a hunch. My belief that he won't be the best player in the draft is supported by things I believe is evidence to support my opinion.

I understand you are completely entitled to your opinion, but I am entitled to tell you why I disagree with it. Isn't that what message boards are for?
What evidence have you given that JSN can't be Cooper Kupp or better? All you said was "it is ridiculous to think JSN could ever have a 1900 yard season."

Why? Can you tell me a single negative about JSN aside from his hamstring injury that would make me think he can't be the best player in this draft?

I didn't think it'd be this hard to sell the possibility that the best WR in a WR room consisting of Olave, Wilson, and Harrison Jr could go on to be the best player in the whole draft.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Re-read what you wrote and let me know what part of this makes sense.

Don't get mad I disagree with you. Support your opinion.
You just said "typically a QB is the best player in each draft". Well if that were the case considering QBs last 15 years in the league I'm just curious why over half the teams in the NFL don't have pro bowl QBs

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What evidence have you given that JSN can't be Cooper Kupp or better? All you said was "it is ridiculous to think JSN could ever have a 1900 yard season."

Why? Can you tell me a single negative about JSN aside from his hamstring injury that would make me think he can't be the best player in this draft?

I didn't think it'd be this hard to sell the possibility that the best WR in a WR room consisting of Olave, Wilson, and Harrison Jr could go on to be the best player in the whole draft.
The evidence I gave is that 1 other player has ever done that. The NFL is 103 years old, projecting that a player who hasn't taken a snap in the league can be 1 of 3 to do something in 103 years is a reach. Like I could say Fields will lead the league in rushing and passing, and while that isn't out of the realm of possibility, it's also extremely unlikely. And I'm not even saying JSN can't become Kupp. I'm saying it's extremely unlikely he puts up Kupp level numbers. And even if he does, he may still not be the best player in his draft because one of the QBs could be really good.

I don't have anything negative to say about JSN. As I said, WRs aren't typically the best players in any draft in any given year. Even the best WRs, weren't the best overall in their draft classes.