**Official** Reasons why Bedard shouldn't be the consensus #1 overall pick - Hockey Talk Encouraged

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've been up all night reviewing tape and I wanted to express some things that I found while watching Bedard. Most people will call him a 'generational' talent, but let's be honest that term is thrown around way to easily nowadays. Below are my notes.

- He's a good skater - but not elite. Doesn't have ELITE speed. Needs to add leg strength at the NHL level by using the @run and shoot mass add lifting program

- Very weak - can get knocked around pretty easily. Going to have to toughen up

- He's a shooter and can play selfish. Great passer when he wants to be, but I just hope his head is on right and most importantly wants to be a good teammate

- Good a creating his own plays and as I mentioned above - I hope him being a shoot first, ask questions later isn't a detriment to his team

- Very raw in some aspects of his game. Inconsistent with his involvement in board play. Sometimes plays lazy and low effort

Look, I'm not saying he won't develop into a good player, but there are some issues and trying to play devils advocate. I hope his selfishness and lazy tendencies don't carry over. He has a lot of growing up to do

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've been up all night reviewing tape and I wanted to express some things that I found while watching Bedard. Most people will call him a 'generational' talent, but let's be honest that term is thrown around way to easily nowadays. Below are my notes.

- He's a good skater - but not elite. Doesn't have ELITE speed. Needs to add leg strength at the NHL level by using the @run and shoot mass add lifting program

- Very weak - can get knocked around pretty easily. Going to have to toughen up

- He's a shooter and can play selfish. Great passer when he wants to be, but I just hope his head is on right and most importantly wants to be a good teammate

- Good a creating his own plays and as I mentioned above - I hope him being a shoot first, ask questions later isn't a detriment to his team

- Very raw in some aspects of his game. Inconsistent with his involvement in board play. Sometimes plays lazy and low effort

Look, I'm not saying he won't develop into a good player, but there are some issues and trying to play devils advocate. I hope his selfishness and lazy tendencies don't carry over. He has a lot of growing up to do
Well to be fair he's just a kid. He literally refers to himselve as a kid. So if the Blackhawks want to draft a kid they need to have a plan in place and hopefully one that doesn't involve rapes.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The kids 5'9 and 180 pounds.

His core is a brick shit house. His lateral movement is elite/God tier. He walks into the NHL with one of the best shots in the league.

Please do better homework. I've watched this kid for two years. He's the best player to enter the league since McDavid.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

His core is a brick shit house. His lateral movement is elite/God tier. He walks into the NHL with one of the best shots in the league.

Please do better homework. I've watched this kid for two years. He's the best player to enter the league since McDavid.
sorry but when you watch 2 years and have 3 sentences to type up, obviously there's bias. @Hawkeye. was literally up all night and gave a much more, objective synopsis.

When people want to get advice on trading cards, they'll hit you up.

CC: @Chief Walking Stick

KBIB

Liked Posts:
sorry but when you watch 2 years and have 3 sentences to type up, obviously there's bias. @Hawkeye. was literally up all night and gave a much more, objective synopsis.

When people want to get advice on trading cards, they'll hit you up.

CC: @Chief Walking Stick
Because there's nothing more to say about Bedard then three sentences.

Actually, you only need two words;

Generational talent

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you watch the draft reveal, Kyle Davidson is scaring the shit out of me like his face tells me he didn't want to win.

Now not taking Bedard means he could lose his job.

I'm not saying he will but his face look pained and "omg, they are going to crucify me when I take Fantilli."

Like they already decided.

Zegras/Fantilli/Gibson would arguably accelerate the rebuild even more than Bedard? all are ready to go now.

I didn't think it was possible until I saw his face but something is up. He didn't look happy to win, nor did we try to lose at seasons end.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Generational talent
*than

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bedards legs are srsly strong. WTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT OP?

KBIB

Liked Posts:

Ridiculous lateral movement. Plants feet and the fucking defender bounces off of him.

Get the FUCK out of here with that weak ass shit.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:

Did you watch the World Juniors? He won it for Canada, and that team was stacked with talent. When asked about all the records he set, his response was “I don’t want to talk about me, all I want to talk about is my team.” As a seventeen year old, he’s got a great attitude as well. Other teams with much larger (and older) players tried to use physicality to neutralize him. It didn’t work.
He is going to be an outstanding player. I’m absolutely shocked that drafting him is seen as a negative.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I’ve watched tens of hundreds of hours of tape on this kid. I stand by what I said

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Ridiculous lateral movement. Plants feet and the fucking defender bounces off of him.

Get the FUCK out of here with that weak ass shit.
I said he was a good player, but he has areas he can improve on too.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Generational talent

Generational Talent like Jalen Carter?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It has to be considered but what would you need to trade the right to draft Bedard?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has to be considered but what would you need to trade the right to draft Bedard?

Uhhhhh it absolutely not be considered under any circumstances whatsoever unless something comes to light about an injury or other health concerns.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
If you watch the draft reveal, Kyle Davidson is scaring the shit out of me like his face tells me he didn't want to win.

Now not taking Bedard means he could lose his job.

I'm not saying he will but his face look pained and "omg, they are going to crucify me when I take Fantilli."

Like they already decided.

Zegras/Fantilli/Gibson would arguably accelerate the rebuild even more than Bedard? all are ready to go now.

I didn't think it was possible until I saw his face but something is up. He didn't look happy to win, nor did we try to lose at seasons end.
Come on, Rask.

There's no way in hell they're taking Fantilli.

Wirtz probably texted KD the second after they won the lottery and told him "look at the season ticket sales, fuckwit. Your taking Bedard".

Now I'm under the conspiracy theory KD wanted to create a team that could be considered his team, but now it's bedards team. That look could have been the inner sadness that Jerry Krause carried to his grave when he wanted to be known as the main reason why the bulls were a dynasty and having the GOAT already on the team was insignificant to the Bill Cartwright trade and getting the BJ Armstrongs of the world.

Or better yet, the look of devastation when the one guy didn't get the first donkey kong kill screen at an official arcade.

Are their similarities? Perhaps