***OFFICIAL*** Super Bowl Eats thread. What ya gots?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, so what is everyone cooking/eating today for the Super Bowl??

I made some quick Nando’s chicken and veggies for lunch.... (tossed in half a link of spicy smoked sausage as well.)

For dinner I’m smoking a rack of baby back ribs and the other half of that spicy sausage. I’ll be cooking some baked beans as well, and will add some of these veggies into them. More pics to come!

I cooked the lunch meal on my 22” Blackstone.
The ribs are being smoked on my Big Green Egg. I’m using Apple and pecan for my woods.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A family sized bag of Tostitos chips and two cans of gourmet nacho cheese.
Image result for hide the pain harold food gif

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cole slaw.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have some sort of dangerous mental disease when it comes to smoking brisket.

Got up early to start smoking with a perfect timeline to be ready for game time, noticed the temp was too high (350-400) and kept failing to get it down to 250 til I realized I was turning the burner on my propane grill up not down. Like really frighteningly stupid and worrisome for early dementia. So after 3.5 hours at about 175 internal I put it in the oven at 200 to finish slowly but most of the liquid appears to be cooked out and I'm afraid the damage is done.

I swear I'm not a total moron but I clearly am when it comes to brisket. Maybe it's unresolved early trauma from the dry, ketchup slavered shit brisket my mom served me as a kid? Maybe it's permanent brane damage after drinking too much last night. Either way at $10/pound it's an expensive fuckup.

I've let the foodblog down and feel shame:censored:

Cue Chuck Heston screaming "damn you to hell, you've blown it all up!"

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skirt steak skewers with a paleo cherry BBQ sauce, chicken wings and zucchini/pork rind tots. Cassava tortilla chips and spicy cashew queso dip.
Was it difficult to find wings? I heard there’s a shortage right now.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Got up early to start smoking with a perfect timeline to be ready for game time, noticed the temp was too high (350-400) and kept failing to get it down to 250 til I realized I was turning the burner on my propane grill up not down. Like really frighteningly stupid and worrisome for early dementia. So after 3.5 hours at about 175 internal I put it in the oven at 200 to finish slowly but most of the liquid appears to be cooked out and I'm afraid the damage is done.

I swear I'm not a total moron but I clearly am when it comes to brisket. Maybe it's unresolved early trauma from the dry, ketchup slavered shit brisket my mom served me as a kid? Maybe it's permanent brane damage after drinking too much last night. Either way at $10/pound it's an expensive fuckup.

There's nothing wrong with cooking brisket fast as long as you get it to the proper temp and keep it there for awhile.

Around 195.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Man... that sux. Do you have it wrapped? I wrap mine in two sheets of butchers paper and then aluminum foil shortly after it hits the stall.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Had to be outside for 45 minutes this morning, so im fucking done with anything requiring too much effort. We're getting a pizza from Costco - wife is doing French bean and broccoli stir fry - and im doing easy porkchops except ill only do a 2 hour wet brine and probably add onion+garlic+chili powder to the salt+sugar rub..

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's nothing wrong with cooking brisket fast as long as you get it to the proper temp and keep it there for awhile.

Around 195.
I really hope you are right but I fear it will be dry as fuck

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man... that sux. Do you have it wrapped? I wrap mine in two sheets of butchers paper and then aluminum foil shortly after it hits the stall.
Was going to wrap at 160 but I blew right through the stall to 175 and left it unwrapped to slow it down on the way to 190 or so

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I really hope you are right but I fear it will be dry as fuck
Some of the most experienced brisket cooks in the world cook it fast. Kreuz Market for example.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Was it difficult to find wings? I heard there’s a shortage right now.
I got 3 packages from aldi, fresh. Thats 60 wings. There will be no shortage in my house.
They were fully stocked on 3 lb bags frozen wings too, but I don't like those, too much "solution" in those.

Just got done trimming the tips off, going to make chicken stock with those now in the instant pot.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Home made pizza fired in my recteq bullseye, buffalo chicken dip, veggies.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Was going to wrap at 160 but I blew right through the stall to 175 and left it unwrapped to slow it down on the way to 190 or so
When it is done wrap that bastard in heavy layers of plastic wrap and let that bitch rest for a good 45 minutes. It will be nice and juicy and tender af.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What I used to do instead of wrapping, was just put it in the oven with the heat off when it hit 195. Or in a cooler. Anything to keep it at 195 for as long as possible.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Traditionally have wings but couldn’t find any so we are doing Cincinnati chilli w/all the extras for those who want them. Wedge salad w/homemade (Pt. Reyes) blue cheese