Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I'll be there live bright and early tomorrow. Pix will be on Instagram and my tweeter, fwiw.

What is yo twitter SN so I can view?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well i guess the announcement was a whole lot of nothing. oh well.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
MLBTR on Soxfest items:

Earlier today, the White Sox hosted SoxFest 2013, an interactive event where fans got the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session with General Manager Rick Hahn. Executive Vice President and former GM Kenny Williams couldn't resist joining in and closed things out when he asked Hahn if he'll do a better job than his predecessor. Hahn responded by saying that the last GM had a better support staff in place (via White Sox on Twitter) and drew laughs from everyone in attendance. Here's more on the White Sox..

Hahn said that the White Sox haven't shopped Dayan Viciedo but added that no one is untouchable, tweets Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune. It was reported last month that the White Sox discussed deals involving Viciedo and Alejandro De Aza.
The GM was asked about the departure of A.J. Pierzynski and he explained that the money that would have gone to the catcher was instead re-routed to Jake Peavy, Jeff Keppinger, and Matt Lindstrom, tweets Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune. Hahn also expressed confidence in catcher Tyler Flowers' abilities.
A fan asked Hahn about the decision to claim Zach Stewart off of waivers from the Pirates. The GM explained that Stewart adds depth to the team's pitching, cost the team very little, and has big league experience, Gonzales tweets. The White Sox's decision to pick up Stewart yesterday marked the second time that they have acquired the right-hander in two years.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well i guess the announcement was a whole lot of nothing. oh well.

Probably. but there were reports out there that the "fans would be really happy" with this specific announcement. its a reliever, i dont really care.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably. but there were reports out there that the "fans would be really happy" with this specific announcement. its a reliever, i dont really care.

Yeah I don't know. It is a nice add, but yeah it is hardly a game changer.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys probably saw this in the other sticky, but this is via some stuff at Soxfest:

The White Sox held another seminar with fans this morning as part of SoxFest 2013 with General Manager Rick Hahn and manager Robin Ventura fielding questions. When asked what to expect out of the White Sox this season, Hahn encouraged fans to keep their expectations high, tweets Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com. Here's more from today's Q&A...

If the White Sox are in contention this season, Hahn says that they'll be able to add to their payroll if there are upgrades available, Hayes tweets. The GM added that "the money has always been there", Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune tweets.
Hahn said that the club didn't have internal options to fill the void that would have been created if Jake Peavy left via free agency, according to Hayes (on Twitter). The White Sox worked out a contract extension with Peavy early in the offseason rather than picking up his $22MM option for 2013. The 31-year-old will earn $14.5MM in each of the next two seasons with an option for 2015.
Ventura explained that third baseman Brent Morel will be in the mix this season and his lack of playing time last season was a result of his injuries, Hayes tweets. Morel drew trade interest from the Marlins at one point last month as the free agent third base market was quite shallow.
Hahn said that this season will be a rebuilding year for Nestor Molina, the right-hander who came to the White Sox in exchange for Sergio Santos last winter, Gonzales tweets.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#MsmahWvwsP4J4Zua.99

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I saw it on twitter, but I'm glad you posted it.

Barring injury, they'll be in the race all year, hopefully they can get somebody in May or early June.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
fuck.the.sox

They are so damn close to being good but they haven't acquired the pieces yet. It's frustrating.

I like the Lindstrom deal, and I like the Keppinger deal, but they need a good lefty bat to balance the lineup a bit.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Whitesoxman goes to Twinsfest instead :smh: :soxtroll:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are so damn close to being good but they haven't acquired the pieces yet. It's frustrating.

I like the Lindstrom deal, and I like the Keppinger deal, but they need a good lefty bat to balance the lineup a bit.

yep. the problem is they are saying that they will get help in the middle of the season. that may be too late. we dont play the tigers until july lol

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish