**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

napo55

Liked Posts:
Thank you dejo. Your thread is the only thing worth coming to ccs for anymore, now that the writing trolls have taken over…
I don't agree with this poster on many things, but he is absolutely right on this. This message board should be about the Bears, not endless boring spats between a few non-stop posters.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Rookie Kevin Shaa had the catch of the day​

6ebcb76ddc0e463cb154013a95fb28de.jpg

AP Photo/James Kenney
The Bears wide receivers room is full of competition, and each day there appears to be a new face stepping up and making plays. On Sunday, it was undrafted rookie free agent Kevin Shaa, who had the catch of the day.
Working with the third-team, Shaa hauled in a catch from quarterback Nathan Peterman for a 30-yard gain that put the offense in field-goal range.
Just saying.

I was hoping my man Jack Sanborn would be in it for SLB. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I think this is absolutely correct.

1) Tevin Jenkins is the best RT on this team. The raw talent is there.
2) He damn well needs to stay healthy.
3) At times he is his own worst enemy. This goes all the way back to his college days.

Think I'd prefer him at RG and Reiff at RT, even if I think he might be better off at RT...

We legit have no answer at RG right now outside of schofield. Don't want to see mustipher play for the bears again, lol.

I know with Stenavich in GB (OL Coach now the OC) their M-O was to have guys move around just in case/when injuries hit. So guys ended up playing multiple positions as the season went along. Billy Turner off the top of my head, Patrick obv... and others with the various Bhaktiari injuries.

...so that philosophy and having guys learn at least two spots may be something that Getsy views with utmost importance, and actually has the secret sauce to make it work for each guy. I'd love to see TJ at either of those spots on the right side wherever he can get in. Like you say the raw talent is there. Better than just letting dude go or giving up on him so soon.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Potash needs to cry louder. Or, he could spend some time trying to figure out how to ask a question that isn't 10 minutes long and convoluted with the answer he wants buried in the question.
Oh c’mon. That was funny.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the moment an average vet gets cut somewhere else, Poles picks him up and sends Mustipher packing.

Maybe. He’s young and experienced. Exactly the type of guy they’re trying to find and “coach up”.

If they can turn him into something serviceable that would say a lot about this staffs coaching acumen.

(Big IF I’m aware)

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I know with Stenavich in GB (OL Coach now the OC) their M-O was to have guys move around just in case/when injuries hit. So guys ended up playing multiple positions as the season went along. Billy Turner off the top of my head, Patrick obv... and others with the various Bhaktiari injuries.

...so that philosophy and having guys learn at least two spots may be something that Getsy views with utmost importance, and actually has the secret sauce to make it work for each guy. I'd love to see TJ at either of those spots on the right side wherever he can get in. Like you say the raw talent is there. Better than just letting dude go or giving up on him so soon.
Exactly this.............I hope having veteran offensive linemen ahead of him on the depth chart gives Jenkins that kick in the ass he seems to need. If he needs a challenge this is it.