**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Let him set the example, be a leader, and PROVE IT then. Because obviously, Poles and Eberflus do not agree, or he’d have that contract already…
Everything you have said here is not fact.............just your opinion, which you have every right to express. Let's look at some true facts here.

1) This is a leverage play by Smith. Put the ball back in Poles court.
2) Leverage still belongs to the Bears. Smith is still under contract after all.
3) When it comes down to it Smith is not going to give up game checks, as we have seen countless times before with other players.
4) Bears could still force Smith to play in 2022,2023, and 2024, through 5th year option, and franchise tags.
5) It is in the best interests for both parties to come to an agreement, should the Bears want to.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That 100% part of being a leader, so no, we don’t agree at all.
You are flailing, you literally just wrote 'Exactly' in response to my post that said it him being active in drill at training camp didn't matter to the contract offer at all.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You are flailing, you literally just wrote 'Exactly' in response to my post that said it him being active in drill at training camp didn't matter to the contract offer at all.
It’s literally what I’ve been writing the entire time.

Not being on the field when the new staff is trying to instill a new maximum effort culture is NOT being a leader in any way, shape, or form. Add that in to Roquan not having proven he’s worth top money IN THIS NEW DEFENSE, and it’s not surprising why they aren’t backing up the brinks truck for him.

And this stunt in the media makes him look worse in the Bears eyes, not better…

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It’s literally what I’ve been writing the entire time.

Not being on the field when the new staff is trying to instill a new maximum effort culture is NOT being a leader in any way, shape, or form. Add that in to Roquan not having proven he’s worth top money IN THIS NEW DEFENSE, and it’s not surprising why they aren’t backing up the brinks truck for him.

And this stunt in the media makes him look worse in the Bears eyes, not better…
He's not out there because of the contract they offered him, not the other way around. The Bears already offered him the deal and he declined it. They are not going to offer him a new deal because he suits up for several practices at the beginning of training camp. It's truly incredible you cannot see that, nevermind your inability to response accurately in your previous post.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He's not out there because of the contract they offered him, not the other way around. The Bears already offered him the deal and he declined it. They are not going to offer him a new deal because he suits up for several practices at the beginning of training camp. It's truly incredible you cannot see that, nevermind your inability to response accurately in your previous post.
You are dense. Lol. Remy would be proud…

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you read what I said? ATTITUDE is just as important to this new regime as talent. Maybe more so. And Roquan currently has the exact wrong attitude.

Yes, he also needs to prove he is worth that contract IN THIS DEFENSE. How can he do that unless he’s actually on the field? There’s a TON you can tell from practices.

He was here this whole offseason up to TC and gave Bears more than enough time to work something out.