1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Again I never brought Quan up. I discussed the Ravens and Brown based on a poster bringing them up. I have no intent to discuss Quan.

Think you are confused. His best target and security blanket is Mark Andrews who had 1361 yards as a TE last year. Andrews got 107 receptions on 153 targets while Brown got 91 catches on 146 targets. So that is a 70% catch rate for Andrews compared to 62% for Brown. Andrews also had a higher yards per reception than Brown despite being a TE and despite Brown supposedly being a top speed threat. Jackson actually had less 20+ yard passing attempts and completions than Mac Jones ie the guy you are shitting on for not throwing deep in the other thread.

This is precisely why Brown wanted out. Jackson and the Ravens O isn't really suited to him so yes they got good value by trading a WR that isn't a great fit for what Jackson is good at.
You didn't, but you're doing so indirectly by saying the Ravens did it right etc etc. Especially when we are in somewhat of a similar situation with a player on the last year of their contract. I don't want to play semantics with you and join the vortex. Have a good day and enjoy your debate/s. I will not comment any further regarding this.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Typical MJY posting. If mods were serious about cutting the fat(pun intended) , MJY and a couple of the other substance-less posters would be gone for good.
It's quite possible MJY didn't realize they were talking football because he doesn't know the Ravens are an NFL team. If you were to mention your favorite coach Roman to him, he'd think you are talking about the site he orders his boner pills from so he can fap to obi wan. He wouldn't realize Greg Roman is one of the most innovative OCs in football, who has consistently tailored offenses to his qbs skill sets.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You didn't, but you're doing so indirectly by saying the Ravens did it right etc etc. Especially when we are in somewhat of a similar situation with a player on the last year of their contract. I don't want to play semantics with you and join the vortex. Have a good day and enjoy your debate/s. I will not comment any further regarding this.

I already have a child I am responsible for so I am not taking responsibility for how adults chose to respond when I did not even mention the Bears or Quan. Again that is a reflection on their sensitive natures. The Ravens are easily one of the better run organizations in the NFL hence why I commented on their handling of the situation once it was brought up.

Dang I am impressed with this Brown receiver. Good answer, no BS. Seems like he was a good teammate and he left without any hard feelings.

If we are applying the logic above, how is this post by gallager not a passive aggressive shot at how Quan has handled things? Yet you will note I didn't make that argument nor did anyone else. Because I am not emo or sensitive. And because they are biased. They only seemed to interpret my praising the Ravens as a shot against the Bears but did not interpret the praise of Brown as a shot against Quan. Their argument would be stronger if their response wasn't so one sided and hypocritical.

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I already have a child I am responsible for so I am not taking responsibility for how adults chose to respond when I did not even mention the Bears or Quan. Again that is a reflection on their sensitive natures. The Ravens are easily one of the better run organizations in the NFL hence why I commented on their handling of the situation once it was brought up.

If we are applying the logic above, how is this post by gallager not a passive aggressive shot at how Quan has handled things? Yet you will note I didn't make that argument nor did anyone else. Because I am not emo or sensitive. And because they are biased. They only seemed to interpret my praising the Ravens as a shot against the Bears but did not interpret the praise of Brown as a shot against Quan. Their argument would be stronger if their response wasn't so one sided and hypocritical.
It could certainly be read as a shot at Quan, though I would point out that this is my first impression of Brown outside of any Ravens game I watched. I am genuinely impressed with the young man in how he handled the situation and answered the question.

But since we are in a Bears forum, and are currently dealing with a player who asked to be traded, you have to understand that even an innocent comment about a comparable situation for another player can be misinterpreted. For what it is worth, I did think that you were calling out the Bears as a poorly run organization through a comparison to the Ravens, and I think it is appropriate to compare the two orgs.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Here is me aggressively agressive telling you to stfu again. Your post was an obvious shot at the bears organization. Brown didn’t whine his way out of the organization while hiring a completely unqualified person to field trades for him like Quan is. If the bears can get good value for him than by all means trade him but for now he needs to stop being childish
You guys are tripping. By all accounts Roquan wants to stay with the Bears and is just trying to get leverage on a contract.

Brown was not happy about not being utilized. The situations are completely different and you are all assuming you can read Remy's mind. You're wrong on this one.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It could certainly be read as a shot at Quan, though I would point out that this is my first impression of Brown outside of any Ravens game I watched. I am genuinely impressed with the young man in how he handled the situation and answered the question.

But since we are in a Bears forum, and are currently dealing with a player who asked to be traded, you have to understand that even an innocent comment about a comparable situation for another player can be misinterpreted. For what it is worth, I did think that you were calling out the Bears as a poorly run organization through a comparison to the Ravens, and I think it is appropriate to compare the two orgs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am not saying it could not be viewed as a shot against the Bears. I am saying if I intended to take a shot at the Bears I would say so as I have no problem taking direct shots at the Bears. So while it is fair to wonder if I was taking a shot, I have already said I was not. I have no reason to lie as I don't avoid confrontations on here. I am genuinely impressed with the Ravens org and how they handled the situation just as you were generally impressed by how Brown handled it.

I am also saying if that is going to be your position then be consistent. It is clear that bias is at play because no one questioned your statement as a shot against Quan even though you admitted it could be viewed as such. So this is where the emo and sensitiveness comes in. They only salty because of the alleged shot at the Bears not at the alleged shot at Quan.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You guys are tripping. By all accounts Roquan wants to stay with the Bears and is just trying to get leverage on a contract.

Brown was not happy about not being utilized. The situations are completely different and you are all assuming you can read Remy's mind. You're wrong on this one.
what accounts seem like roquan wants to stay? Maybe his long winded trade request could be seen as a negotiation tactic. But illegally searching out a trade is not a negotiation tactic and certainly looks like a player searching for a new home.

I'm sure he'll be fine if he gets the contract he wants, but he's most definitely looking to leave if he can get that elsewhere

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It's quite possible MJY didn't realize they were talking football because he doesn't know the Ravens are an NFL team. If you were to mention your favorite coach Roman to him, he'd think you are talking about the site he orders his boner pills from so he can fap to obi wan. He wouldn't realize Greg Roman is one of the most innovative OCs in football, who has consistently tailored offenses to his qbs skill sets.
Excuse me…….but what is this site you speak of?

**This is 100% footbaw talked because I have to watch footbaw with a boner**

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

These are sensitive times for Bears fans it seems.
This is the beauty of the vortex, even when I am not trying to create one people make assumptions about my intent and argue what they think I meant instead of just asking me. It is a gift and a curse.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
what accounts seem like roquan wants to stay? Maybe his long winded trade request could be seen as a negotiation tactic. But illegally searching out a trade is not a negotiation tactic and certainly looks like a player searching for a new home.

I'm sure he'll be fine if he gets the contract he wants, but he's most definitely looking to leave if he can get that elsewhere

I believe he and Monty were the only vet players to attend all offseason voluntary and mandatory programs to the point his choosing to hold out of training camp was breaking news.

We don't know how he feels now but it is entirely possible this is all to put pressure on the Bears to get something done whether it be signing him or trading him but his previous actions this offseason certainly seemed to suggest he preferred to be a Bear as did his public comments. He is also 100% attending all activities that don't risk injury and is allegedly engaged per the coaches and the players.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I believe he and Monty were the only vet players to attend all offseason voluntary and mandatory programs to the point his choosing to hold out of training camp was breaking news.

We don't know how he feels now but it is entirely possible this is all to put pressure on the Bears to get something done whether it be signing him or trading him but his previous actions this offseason certainly seemed to suggest he preferred to be a Bear as did his public comments. He is also 100% attending all activities that don't risk injury and is allegedly engaged per the coaches and the players.
I would do this too if it prevents me from getting fined. I think that’s the only reason why he is showing up. If he wasn’t there, Poles would have no choice but to fine him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would do this too if it prevents me from getting fined. I think that’s the only reason why he is showing up. If he wasn’t there, Poles would have no choice but to fine him.
Sure but he can attend and not be engaged. Further he could have skipped voluntary offseason activities like say Robert Quinn but he did not.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Sure but he can attend and not be engaged. Further he could have skipped voluntary offseason activities like say Robert Quinn but he did not.
The opposite could be said too. He knows he has to stay engaged so he keeps trust between him and the FO. None of us know what’s actually going out so both views are possibilities.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The opposite could be said too. He knows he has to stay engaged so he keeps trust between him and the FO. None of us know what’s actually going out so both views are possibilities.

Sure which again means it is all just speculation as to whether he wants to be here or not. We don't know and just speculating based on our biases.