dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don’t fault roquan at all for his position and I like the interview overall. He was a bit candid, but it’s clear he’s putting the situation behind him and ready to ball out. Let the chips fall as they may
The only blame i put on Roquan is i think he went a little too far with the things he said when calling out the Bears over the contract talk in his tweet when he took this thing public. I'm good with this video.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
This might have been posted already but I went back a few pages and didn't see it. Worth 10 minutes to watch IMO.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Losing Von Miller hurt them but they replaced him with Randy Gregory in the offseason so having him and B.Chubb, who was also hurt for most of the year, will be a huge help with that defensive backfield that's loaded with big names.

Bradley Chubb--0 sacks in 7 games.
Good luck getting Gregory to play a full season¹

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You know this after one preseason game that he barely played in?
Yes because he ran a couple wrong routes so it's right there on tape for all to see.

Did you not watch the game?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
when did he run the wrong routes?
There was one where he was supposed to run 5 yards and out and the ball was thrown there but he ran 6 and couldn't get to the ball which was thrown 5 yards. Someone on here posted the video breakdown on it but i guess you didn't see it.

Calm down people, he's a rookie that ran the wrong route in his first preseason game, nobody is saying he can't get it right.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
bermuda is fine for now, they will re-sod with bluegrass for the cold
Seems odd you'd plant a grass knowing you have re-sod in the middle of the season with a different grass.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bradley Chubb--0 sacks in 7 games.
Good luck getting Gregory to play a full season¹
Yeah those are obvious issues but Chubb has already proven himself to be legit and when Gregory is on the field he's been good. All i'm saying is having a pass rush will do nothing but help especially the secondary.

You're one of my many alts so you're not allowed to argue with me.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bermuda grass is a southern turf grass that goes dormant in November usually, not sure how it's even suitable for Chicago.
I'm in a Facebook group that gives lawn care tips and suggestions. A lot of the people with Bermuda grass talk about all they have to do to get ready for the winter. But we're only talking about houses. Now think of it in terms of taking care of a 120yx53.5y field that is major use and needs to be on display 8 times to a national audience. Fuck all that. Get the damn turf.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes because he ran a couple wrong routes so it's right there on tape for all to see.

Did you not watch the game?
You are so completely full of shit. You are basing this off of one tweet that compared his rounded off 6 yard...5 yard out route to one run by a Packers WR.
Please tell us which couple of wrong routes he ran, so that I may apologize to you for doubting you. I mean you did watch the game, didn't you?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Seems odd you'd plant a grass knowing you have re-sod in the middle of the season with a different grass.
not really, whats odd is why it took this long for them to do it this way...my guess is the national attention they got courtesy of tretter put more pressure on them to improve the surface...Bermuda does well in warmer climates and doesnt pull up as much...bluegrass does better in the winter months and its not uncommon to see a blend of the two .

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
not really, whats odd is why it took this long for them to do it this way...my guess is the national attention they got courtesy of tretter put more pressure on them to improve the surface...Bermuda does well in warmer climates and doesnt pull up as much...bluegrass does better in the winter months and its not uncommon to see a blend of the two .
They could always bluemuda. There's a decent amount of golf courses that are going that way.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It's not uncommon to see Bermuda get overseeded with bluegrass or rye.

In Chicago Bermuda probably will begin going dormant in early October. It is a great turfgrass for football, no doubt.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
In Chicago? I thought that was more of a mid-South thing.
It's more or less the Mason-Dixon Line, but if they think it's going to be a warmer late-Fall/early-Winter then it might work.

EDIT to add @dennehy: if you look at my lawn, you wouldn't listen to me. For the first 5-6 years of ownership I tried/spent a lot of t hings to make my lawn pretty. Now I pay someone to fertilize/seed, and save a lot more money. Dare I say I'd probably be in a bigger house with a newer/nicer lawn had I done that from the jump.