***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m not a star wars nerd like some people we know but really liked rogue one (will watch almost anything that director does) and following that, andor. Andor is really fucking good for me if slow at times. The bb2Emo droid, obvious emo jokes aside, breaks my heart

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I’m not a star wars nerd like some people we know but really liked rogue one (will watch almost anything that director does) and following that, andor. Andor is really fucking good for me if slow at times. The bb2Emo droid, obvious emo jokes aside, breaks my heart
All the side stories are definitely better than the newer movies. Waiting for Ahsoka to have all episodes up so I can binge

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not a star wars nerd like some people we know

I have been slowly going through the 'Clone Wars' animated series, most of which I have not seen since it's orginal Cartoon Network run about a decade ago.

I am just about to start the final two seasons I haven't seen, since those were exclusive Netflix & Disney + respectively. I still stand by this show being the best thing ever done in the Star Wars universe.

It's very well written, especially compared to the George Lucas movies and the animation is a far better depiction of these light saber battles and the action scenes all around.

I would love to see them do another show to fill the gap between episodes 3 & 4.

'Star Wars: Visions' is also really dope if you are an animation nerd like me.

Also for something completely different....

I highly recommend 'The Horror of Delores Roach' on Prime. Great modern day retelling of 'Sweeny Todd' with all the gore, but none of the singing.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rogue one is top notch. Needed more Ben Mendelson tho. The prequal novel for it "Catalyst" made it better for me. Reading is fun!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rogue one is top notch. Needed more Ben Mendelson tho. The prequal novel for it "Catalyst" made it better for me. Reading is fun!
Had no idea there was a back story. That movie was great

Liked Posts:
Tito Ortiz should have is own sitcom. The show would write itself with this guy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I started rewatching the show Jericho.

It only really had one season, but I think this kind of story could be a hit in modern day.

Nuclear weapons are used on major US cities and this small isolated town in Kansas must survive.

While cheesy, it still attempted to flirt with realism and science and whatnot.

Oh and people dress and act their age.... kids like kids, teens like teens, adults like adults.

I forgot that was a thing.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Netflix: 'The Gentlemen' (Series) - I thought the movie was the best thing Guy Richie has done in forever, but handing off the ball and letting other writers and directors run around in his world is a great idea too. Very enjoyable series. Loved seeing Vinny Jones getting to play a big softee for a change.

Prime: 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' - Donald Glover & Hiro Murai team up again to give you a show about two spies teamed up to pose as husband and wife. Not the action packed fiasco you would expect, but works great as a romantic comedy that has action and dialogue that isn't nauseating

MAX: 'The Regime' - Kate Winslet never did much for me until she became a dictator. Now I can't stop watching.

Apple TV: 'Palm Royale' - Kristen Wiig, Laura Dern and Carol Burnett did a show together??? Okay Apple TV, I give in! It's every bit as brilliant as I hoped.

Hulu: 'Shogun' - i am not going to say it is the most compelling storyline, but too good of a cinematic experience of seventeenth century Japan to not watch if that genre is your jam.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Netflix: 'The Gentlemen' (Series) - I thought the movie was the best thing Guy Richie has done in forever, but handing off the ball and letting other writers and directors run around in his world is a great idea too. Very enjoyable series. Loved seeing Vinny Jones getting to play a big softee for a change.

Prime: 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' - Donald Glover & Hiro Murai team up again to give you a show about two spies teamed up to pose as husband and wife. Not the action packed fiasco you would expect, but works great as a romantic comedy that has action and dialogue that isn't nauseating

MAX: 'The Regime' - Kate Winslet never did much for me until she became a dictator. Now I can't stop watching.

Apple TV: 'Palm Royale' - Kristen Wiig, Laura Dern and Carol Burnett did a show together??? Okay Apple TV, I give in! It's every bit as brilliant as I hoped.

Hulu: 'Shogun' - i am not going to say it is the most compelling storyline, but too good of a cinematic experience of seventeenth century Japan to not watch if that genre is your jam.

I haven't watched a new show since Severance Season 1, for context.

Does Shogun have that cloying modern society vibe stuck in the middle of 17th century or did they actually make it 100% feudal Japan?

Shogun Total War was the first video game I absolutely loved, so this one intrigued me, but I figured HULU so it may well be Handmaid's Tale but in Japan.

And I don't hate Handmaid's Tale, I've seen every season, I just don't need June Osborn's girlboss powers inserted into feudal patriarchal societies which didn't allow her to exist.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Shogun have that cloying modern society vibe stuck in the middle of 17th century or did they actually make it 100% feudal Japan?

No, they spent a fortune immersing you into Japan at roughly 1610, during their conflicts with the Portuguese and the Japanese they converted into Christians. The "white man in foreign lands but still nails the local princess" narrative it frames itself with feels a little tired, but the rest is pure eye candy if you dig feudal Japan.

A hundred fold better than trash like Tom Cruise's 'Last Samurai'.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, they spent a fortune immersing you into Japan at roughly 1610, during their conflicts with the Portuguese and the Japanese they converted into Christians. The "white man in foreign lands but still nails the local princess" narrative it frames itself with feels a little tired, but the rest is pure eye candy if you dig feudal Japan.

A hundred fold better than trash like Tom Cruise's 'Last Samurai'.

Okay that sounds worthy of my time considering I did watch Last Samurai many times lol.

Last Samurai is genius marketing for an American audience IMO.

What boy-man who loved that movie/time period didn't want to be that white guy who gets to immerse himself in Samurai culture?

I am surprised they never turned it into a decent video game nor did they try to reboot it as a TV show as of yet.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Prime video: 3 Body Problem (Tencent CN version) with subtitles. Apparently, it's closer to the source material... even if it censors/omits the scene that causes one antagonist to do what she does.

Was watching the Netflix version, but the acting is so over the top and bad.

Liked Posts:
This suicide reel at the end of this flick is a real nut buster🤣