OK DONE: BG is pretty much a Piston now per KC J.

cool007

Liked Posts:
According to my guy K.C. Johnson's most recent blog post on Chicago Tribune's sports site, Ben Gordon is on his way to Detroit to sign with the Pistons. Having just worked the phones on this, a source tells me that barring a last second change of heart, Gordon will be a member of the team by the end of the day.

Johnson is reporting the deal for Gordon is "in the neighborhood of $50 million over five years". The source I talked to confirmed BG is in Detroit now and is set to meet with Pistons GM Joe Dumars.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
Re:OK DONE: BG is pretty much a Piston now per KC

im in denial until its confirmed

(SH1T.)

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:
According to my guy K.C. Johnson's most recent blog post on Chicago Tribune's sports site, Ben Gordon is on his way to Detroit to sign with the Pistons. Having just worked the phones on this, a source tells me that barring a last second change of heart, Gordon will be a member of the team by the end of the day.

Johnson is reporting the deal for Gordon is "in the neighborhood of $50 million over five years". The source I talked to confirmed BG is in Detroit now and is set to meet with Pistons GM Joe Dumars.

Dude, don't post nonsense just to make a story. If you go to KC's blog, his most recent entry aknowledges that BG is in discussions with Detroit today...nothing new. Nothing in there says anything about him signing, or any signing being emminent. Just because you called your "sources" (ex: your dad, your best friend, the manager at Jiffy Lube) and they say BG is leaving, you gotta remember those arent official sources and don't mean jack.

I'm sick and tired of people on these forums using the word "sources" so lightly. If you have a real INSIDER, fine! But if its your Grandpa Bill saying it, don't report it on here. We have about 500 times more nonsense on this site then we have real news!

J-Mart

Liked Posts:

I will believe it when it is official. I just cannot see him going to Detriot, I really think he might be using them to set his market value and try to get the Bulls to match. Maybe I'm just in denial. All I can say is if he signs there for 10.5 million or less I will be extremely mad. If he signs for more than I wouldn't be as mad but still ticked.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

If he signs with Detroit for pretty much the same money we offered, its obvious he was most mad that we made it BLATENTLY apparent that we valued Deng more then him. The Bulls handled negotiations with Ben like amatures.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:

Tech 9 friend emailed KC and said Bulls screwed their chances last night by doing something bad

cool007

Liked Posts:

mlewinth wrote:
cool007 wrote:

Dude, don't post nonsense just to make a story. If you go to KC's blog, his most recent entry aknowledges that BG is in discussions with Detroit today...nothing new. Nothing in there says anything about him signing, or any signing being emminent. Just because you called your "sources" (ex: your dad, your best friend, the manager at Jiffy Lube) and they say BG is leaving, you gotta remember those arent official sources and don't mean jack.

I'm sick and tired of people on these forums using the word "sources" so lightly. If you have a real INSIDER, fine! But if its your Grandpa Bill saying it, don't report it on here. We have about 500 times more nonsense on this site then we have real news!

Dude, stop blaming.

I am not one of those posters who just make up stuff. Did you forget to see the quote and /quote??? None of them are my own words.

Please.

cool007

Liked Posts:

Dpauley23 wrote:
Tech 9 friend emailed KC and said Bulls screwed their chances last night by doing something bad

I heard taht too - it could be anything though.

Maybe JR took over the negotiations???

Maybe there was a trade for Kirk or someone that fell through?

I hope the truth comes out. and I agree that Bulls have handled the negotiations with BG like amateurs.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

cool007 wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
cool007 wrote:

Dude, stop blaming.

I am not one of those posters who just make up stuff. Did you forget to see the quote and /quote??? None of them are my own words.

Please.

OH MY!!! I am so sorry! You used quotation marks!!!! I apologize! In light of this ground breaking revelation, I take back that everything you said was complete bullcrap! Guys, it's legit, he used quotes! Don't worry it's good info!!

I don't doubt that these are NOT your words. However, I do doubt that these are the words of any type of credible source!

jsain360

Liked Posts:

I just think the Bulls really didn't want to bring Ben back, it was just lip service, if he doesn't come back its time to move on, D.Rose you don't need Ben to get back to the playoffs

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Don't think its there decision rather than it goes by Reinsdorf

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Pistons offered 5 year 50 million and Gordon calling to call Bulls brass to give them chance to match the offer

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Pistons offered 5 year 50 million and Gordon calling to call Bulls brass to give them chance to match the offer
Bulls better match or else.

Founding member of the lynch JR club.

rope-noose.jpg

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

if we don't match a 5/50, then i'll join your club.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:

hey whatever happened to that jerome james situation? something about his injury being career ending and his salary may not be on the books this season... cant remember exact details but does anyone know whats going on with that

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

i'm pretty sure that it counts against the books, but it's 80% insured, so over 5 mil of it will be payed. i THINK...

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:

Im pretty sure Jerome is going to try to play

postdiction

Liked Posts:

Does anybody know what the Bulls are offering BG?

The pistons have 19mil in cap space and they are trying to get Charlie who is going to get around 9 mil a year. So that leaves them offering Gordon 10mil.

The bulls can't match 10 mil a year?