Ok let's say a few things that were good about this game

AussieBear

tracy porter looked very interested in playing...i loved how he ran hard to the ball on every play...

AussieBear

Well said on Barkley. We could be overly optimistic on him, but he has at least shown he can play and belongs in this league. I would like to see him after a full off season with the team and TC. Let him battle it out with a rookie and at the very least we have a feasible starter next year that's not named Jay Cutler.

yes, he looks better than clausen... but still.. those high balls.. not so good

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Geno

Liked Posts:
Head to head series is finally tied! Well, a positive from my perspective anyways.

Bronko

Liked Posts:
Some of the commercials held my mild interest.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
when you compare alshon to all the dropping guys we've had for the past few weeks Alshon seems to have not hands but clamps...number 14 seems like an enthusiastic nice kid but not sure he's polished enough to play WR on the big stage

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One positive is that Pace should realize how bad our safety play is. Amos is no longer a starter. Bush/HJQ look lost more often then not. Pace needs to address this in FA or the draft.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
when you compare alshon to all the dropping guys we've had for the past few weeks Alshon seems to have not hands but clamps...

515c6d8c7329924fbf0910031d03bc10.jpg

...number 14 seems like an enthusiastic nice kid but not sure he's polished enough to play WR on the big stage

Yeah Thompson looked good this week, but I agree that we shouldnt take one game of great production and assume that he is going to be anything more than a 30-catch kinda guy. Which is fine, that is two catches a game, and with his speed/agility he can make some big gains with that. He, Meredith and White can hopefully combine to be the rotation of receiving targets behind Jeffrey and whoever we find at TE.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barkley looks better throwing a couple picks than Cutler does.........

I don't think Barkley should be allowed to throw over the middle too often.....this is why he is a good number 2 and not a 1 right now....

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Barkley looks better throwing a couple picks than Cutler does.........

I don't think Barkley should be allowed to throw over the middle too often.....this is why he is a good number 2 and not a 1 right now....

Barkley is practically a rookie with his experience. I think really only 1 of those picks was all on him. Those are called growing pains. I wouldn't compare those to Cutler who showed every game that's the type of player he was and he was never going to learn. The thing that Barkley did that Cutler NEVER did, was overcome some big mistakes, put it behind him, and lead the team back. Once shit hit the fan for Cutler, it was all over.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I picked up Ty Montgomery 5 min before kickoff in my PPR FF league. I also had J. Nelson starting. Those 2 were positives I guess...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The best thing about this game is that we lost.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Barkley's tendency to throw the ball high caught up with him on Sunday. Mongo and I talked about this a bit earlier in the week. He appears very accurate with the short and intermediate routes and the long ball but the over-the-middle routes that take a bit of time to develop he got burned on.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barkley is practically a rookie with his experience. I think really only 1 of those picks was all on him. Those are called growing pains. I wouldn't compare those to Cutler who showed every game that's the type of player he was and he was never going to learn. The thing that Barkley did that Cutler NEVER did, was overcome some big mistakes, put it behind him, and lead the team back. Once shit hit the fan for Cutler, it was all over.

actually Cutler is known for 4th quarter comebacks.....so it isn't true that he wilted and died.....

Chinese

Liked Posts:
actually Cutler is known for 4th quarter comebacks.....so it isn't true that he wilted and died.....
He isnt mr 4th qtr being down by 17..maybe mr 4th quarter 4 points or less

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isnt mr 4th qtr being down by 17..maybe mr 4th quarter 4 points or less

I'd say Barkley has a small sample size at this point.....and technically does not have a 4th quarter comeback win yet....which is the whole point of the comeback.....

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barkley earned a spot in TC and a chance to start. Nothing more but he did have his moments. The Bears have found their lead RB. Credit Pace for getting a true #1 Rb in the 5th. Alshon is very good when he's on the field. Now, can they make him an offer he'll accept? His price likely dropped a bit due to the suspension but he'll still be pricey. If the Bears had a decent secondary and didn't have the injuries at LB they might have a really good defense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barkley earned a spot in TC and a chance to start. Nothing more but he did have his moments. The Bears have found their lead RB. Credit Pace for getting a true #1 Rb in the 5th. Alshon is very good when he's on the field. Now, can they make him an offer he'll accept? His price likely dropped a bit due to the suspension but he'll still be pricey. If the Bears had a decent secondary and didn't have the injuries at LB they might have a really good defense.

Bears should tag him.......he needs to put a full year together.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I'd say Barkley has a small sample size at this point.....and technically does not have a 4th quarter comeback win yet....which is the whole point of the comeback.....
This is true