Ok, that last pick slapped me in the face and woke me up. Barkley is NOT a #1 QB

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Barkley is awful, he shown some flashes but the last 3 games were insufferable.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cubs won the world series and I apologized for something stupid about football.

I'd buy a lotto ticket if I were you, and then blow the winnings on stupid shit, because its the end of the world and hell just froze over.

I approve

AussieBear

yeah barkely deserves a shot competing for the the back up spot.. thats about it atm..

those ints though.. wouldnt care if he got the ax

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
yeah barkely deserves a shot competing for the the back up spot.. thats about it atm..

Yeah, at this moment he regressed bad enough that I wouldn't want him on the team.

The whole entire point of seeing what he had was that he was improving with each game when he first started. However, these last three games he simply shit himself.

He looked every part the third-stringer and look like he was trying too hard instead of just running the offense.

At that point he lost any Goodwill he had with me.

I am still not entirely sold on this class of quarterbacks, but even if we get just an average NFL QB starter from the draft, it would be better than anything we have on the roster right now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

AussieBear

Yeah, at this moment he regressed bad enough that I wouldn't want him on the team.

The whole entire point of seeing what he had was that he was improving with each game when he first started. However, these last three games he simply shit himself.

He looked every part the third-stringer and look like he was trying too hard instead of just running the offense.

At that point he lost any Goodwill he had with me.

I am still not entirely sold on this class of quarterbacks, but even if we get just an average NFL QB starter from the draft, it would be better than anything we have on the roster right now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ppl were quick with that crown as always... cutler fatigue will do that i suppose..

he hass shown a few flashes though... if he were competing for qb 2/3 id be okay with that.. he definitely not the answer atm. but he does know the playbook...

but i wont miss him either.. especially if they are bringing in a new top tier FA and/or Rookie QB...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
remember when we had to hurry up and lock up Barkley before another team snatched him up in free agency.......good times

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You want to see improvement and progression, and Barkley seemed to show it early, but man did he regress. That pick was awful.

LOL, wut? He didn't show anything because there wasn't enough time to properly evaluate him. Which quite a few of us were saying the entire time.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If only the Garoppolo groupies would come to their senses as quickly and stop wanting to compromise the most important position for the sake of drafting a 5-tech D lineman and other such irrelevances, then we can get to talking about the only thing that matters - whether it should be Deshaun Watson or someone else with the 3rd pick.

I'm waiting to see where Watson ends up being projected to go after the championship/workouts/combine before committing the #3 pick to him. I want the Bears to grab him, but if it's possible to get a blue chip defensive prospect as well as Watson, that's the best move. I'd have no problem trading back into the first for Watson.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm waiting to see where Watson ends up being projected to go after the championship/workouts/combine before committing the #3 pick to him. I want the Bears to grab him, but if it's possible to get a blue chip defensive prospect as well as Watson, that's the best move. I'd have no problem trading back into the first for Watson.

Just find a picture of him, photoshop a bong in there and viola instant drop in the draft

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd rather the Bears had a backup you wouldn't be afraid to go to. A backup with quite a bit more promise.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You never, ever secure a player by trading back. I'm less thrilled about Watson but if we want him, you take him at 3 or you aggressively move up from out 2nd if the opportunity presents itself.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You never, ever secure a player by trading back. I'm less thrilled about Watson but if we want him, you take him at 3 or you aggressively move up from out 2nd if the opportunity presents itself.
I wasn't saying to trade back to grab him. I said to get a top notch defensive player in this draft at 3, then trade up and back into the first to take Watson with another pick.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i really felt bad for the kid, i bet a lot of us hoped he could break through, i was rooting for him. It's tough to see someone's dream end....selling insurance can get real old

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i really felt bad for the kid, i bet a lot of us hoped he could break through, i was rooting for him. It's tough to see someone's dream end....selling insurance can get real old

He'll hang around for quite a few years as a back up and should be able to stash away plenty of money to never work an office job in his life.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
A large, deeper sounding violin drops in the draft? What?

frankviola2.jpg