OL in 2020

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people will be surprised to see Bars starting at RG this season and even more surprised to see him play well.
I won't I liked him in preseason and I liked him when I heard about him in coming to the bears.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people will be surprised to see Bars starting at RG this season and even more surprised to see him play well.

I dunno man, Bars, Ifedi, maybe a late round pick. Someone is going to have to take a step forward.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nothing. You are missing nothing. OT was something we really needed to address in the 2nd imo. At the very least to light a fire under Leno and/or Massie. I think Whitehair and Daniels will be fine. I think Ifedi can handle G, or at least be an improvement at RG. Still would be nice for some depth with one of our later picks there. But Spriggs has to step up now, because I don't have confidence in either Leno or Massie to step up. Seems like they both got paid and just relaxed last year, and neither were that good to begin with.
Pace is lighting the fire..example is the Trey Burton cut that almost everyone thought Pace wouldn't cut. and as we know now.. Shaheen is good as gone, thanks to the Kmet pick.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Of course we're going to cut some TEs. That's not the issue.
The issue is ADDING some folks to the OL.
That's where the problem is; that's where the solutions are missing.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
^ i like how posters posts a message without actually going thru and reading other members messages like they fuckin' think others didn't address the situation at task....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is an idiot.

We all expected at least one o-lineman to get drafted and dipshit didn't get any.

I said a long time ago that hiring a HC with so little experience at any level was going to get Pace fired.

Pace cannot even help himself at this point. He's gotta hope Foles completely bails him out this year.
I am in favor of adding OL at any time, and we definitely need help there.

But reaching with a pick at 43 won't help the team as much as getting the right guys.

I am very concerned about OL, but I don't think a GM is an idiot for getting BPA at positions where we need help. He drafted two positions that need help, just as OL does. (Just not as much)

But for all the experts here who wanted Josh Jones, NFL GMs had a very different opinion. (I was hoping Jones would fall to us and if picked would have liked that. But seeing him drop, drop, drop indicates GMs see something they don't like. At least at that high a pick.)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nothing. You are missing nothing. OT was something we really needed to address in the 2nd imo. At the very least to light a fire under Leno and/or Massie. I think Whitehair and Daniels will be fine. I think Ifedi can handle G, or at least be an improvement at RG. Still would be nice for some depth with one of our later picks there. But Spriggs has to step up now, because I don't have confidence in either Leno or Massie to step up. Seems like they both got paid and just relaxed last year, and neither were that good to begin with.
So, I dont hate the picks. Just because you have 10 TEs on the roster doesn't mean any of them are good and CB2 was a need and we got good value there.

But having passed on Josh Jones twice, what exactly is the plan for the O line? We spent all last season bemoaning a line that had grown soft, consistently missed one-on-one assignments, and had zero push in the run game. Now we are adding two busts to the mix and a position coach who was, with the greatest respect, a College consultant last year and hoping for what exactly?

Just thought we were a lock to get OL help in the second round.
Jones had a red flag. Knee swelled up at SB or Combine or something like that. Hard to draft high without doctor visits etc.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
You can like and understand the picks and still think the team is screwed in 2020 because the OL is trash.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
If the value was not there in the draft then you needed to make a real attempt to improve the position in free agency.

I get that you cant sort out every area that is broken with no cap space and 2 second rounders but surely you prioritise the OL when it was a huge reason that you crashed and burned last season?