Olin Kreutz attacks CHGO employee.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Part of the article from The Athletic

Former Chicago Bears center Olin Kreutz was fired from a football analyst job with CHGO Sports, a newly launched branch of Denver-based media company AllCity Network, for physically attacking co-worker Adam Hoge on Monday morning at the company’s studio, The Athletic has learned.

According to a source, before a taping of their Bears podcast on Monday, Hoge and a producer were talking about Twitter reactions to Kreutz jokingly walking off the taping of Friday’s draft-night podcast in response to the Bears not drafting an offensive lineman in the second round. In regard to those comments, Hoge made a sarcastic remark about Kreutz being too negative about the Bears’ draft. At that point, Kreutz had just entered CHGO’s loft space and heard Hoge’s comment, yelling at him in response. Kreutz then charged at Hoge while he was seated on the video set. Hoge’s chair tipped back and Kreutz grabbed him by the neck before eventually letting go.

According to a source, Hoge tried to defuse the situation and even suggested going through with the taping of Monday’s podcast.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
After reading this thread, I would like to say that Will Dewitt and Nick Moreano have been doing a podcast for years now called the Chicago Audible. I have followed them for a long time and they know their stuff. CHGO bought them and brought their channel with thousands of Bears fans over to the CHGO channel. I like the way CHGO has went about things so far, I joined them early on as soon as they got Hoge on board.
From the very first podcast I felt like Olin had a problem with Will and Nick. Chastising them and questioning their football IQ. You can watch right here.
I would not be surprised if it was something with one of them, but if Jahns or anyone made light of Sam Mustipher I could see Olin losing his temper. Hopefully the live cast comes back soon and they won't be able to ignore all the fans questioning it live.
Moreno and Nitwit are awful. They’re perfect for homer fans who don’t want any depth to their football discussion. Moreno somehow got media access to Halas Hall and what was his big question to new HC Matt Eberflus? A question about ballhawk tshirts.

I feel bad for Hoge having to work with them. Talk about being in over their heads. But i this is a fanbase not exactly hungry for substantive content.

lennybrisco

Liked Posts:
Part of the article from The Athletic

Former Chicago Bears center Olin Kreutz was fired from a football analyst job with CHGO Sports, a newly launched branch of Denver-based media company AllCity Network, for physically attacking co-worker Adam Hoge on Monday morning at the company’s studio, The Athletic has learned.

According to a source, before a taping of their Bears podcast on Monday, Hoge and a producer were talking about Twitter reactions to Kreutz jokingly walking off the taping of Friday’s draft-night podcast in response to the Bears not drafting an offensive lineman in the second round. In regard to those comments, Hoge made a sarcastic remark about Kreutz being too negative about the Bears’ draft. At that point, Kreutz had just entered CHGO’s loft space and heard Hoge’s comment, yelling at him in response. Kreutz then charged at Hoge while he was seated on the video set. Hoge’s chair tipped back and Kreutz grabbed him by the neck before eventually letting go.

According to a source, Hoge tried to defuse the situation and even suggested going through with the taping of Monday’s podcast.

Sounds like Hoge maybe got caught shit talking behind his back thinking Olin wasn't there. Or at least Olin took it that way. Makes Olin's reaction a little less crazy - although still not justified IMO.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Hoge maybe got caught shit talking behind his back thinking Olin wasn't there. Or at least Olin took it that way. Makes Olin's reaction a little less crazy - although still not justified IMO.
How many people does Olin need to assault before we call a psycho a psycho?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really hope Olin was just engaging in stupid horseplay that went too far...if it was they should still fire his ass for being a dipshit.

But if he was legitimately angry and that was his response to it, he has far larger problems than losing a job.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I really hope Olin was just engaging in stupid horseplay that went too far...if it was they should still fire his ass for being a dipshit.

But if he was legitimately angry and that was his response to it, he has far larger problems than losing a job.
he already got fired.
Is he still ignoring your posts but somehow disliking them?
Yes, like everyone else who has me on fake ignore.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Id be interested in hearing what was said. There's a bit of truth about social media giving guys a false sense of machismo. Its true, the way some folks talk online would get them knocked out in person. Lord knows I'd love to punch a few guys I've worked with over the years. I had the self control, and lack of financial security to actually do it. Not defending Olin at all but you can't forget who your talking shit too, or about. Especially when ya don't have a screen to protect you.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id be interested in hearing what was said. There's a bit of truth about social media giving guys a false sense of machismo. Its true, the way some folks talk online would get them knocked out in person. Lord knows I'd love to punch a few guys I've worked with over the years. I had the self control, and lack of financial security to actually do it. Not defending Olin at all but you can't forget who your talking shit too, or about. Especially when ya don't have a screen to protect you.

You're*

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you’re not defending Olin, you’re just defending Olin.
Mike is right though.

Okay tough guy.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm waiting for the WWE to recruit a bunch of ex NFL players. Olin Kreutz would make a great heel.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm waiting for the WWE to recruit a bunch of ex NFL players. Olin Kreutz would make a great heel.
Even though I don’t watch the WWE because I’m an adult heterosexual male, you’re probably right