Once we finish 7-9 or 6-10 sans Lovie

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We would probably go 7-9 with Lovie anyways..so whats your point?

It'd be nice if we're like the 49ers and make the playoffs next year...But i wont mind if we are bad for one year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

It'd be nice if we're like the 49ers and make the playoffs next year...But i wont mind if we are bad for one year.

Wrong. We'd be 8-8 and Lovie "dovies" could yelp on and on about how he never has losing seasons.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
The record obviously doesn't matter if you don't make the playoffs anyway, just ask Lovie Smith. Expect the offense to be shored up with better players, and revamped
that is where the problem is. If the D can be consistent and the offense is improved and scores points, this thing can be turned around quickly, and the new coaching candidates know this very well. I expect the Bears HC job to be the TOP choice for many of the candidates.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
that's the spirit! we'll never win again because Lovie's gone.

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:

That would be nice, but I doubt that happens. The 9ers already had the talent in place for Harbaugh when he got there.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The record obviously doesn't matter if you don't make the playoffs anyway, just ask Lovie Smith. Expect the offense to be shored up with better players, and revamped
that is where the problem is. If the D can be consistent and the offense is improved and scores points, this thing can be turned around quickly, and the new coaching candidates know this very well. I expect the Bears HC job to be the TOP choice for many of the candidates.

With a good GM, you rarely have to fully rebuild. Maybe an off year here and there, but overall the team would remain competitive. Look at teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Packers, etc.

CanadianBears

Liked Posts:
The new schedule for 2013 also looks a lot harder than the 2012 schedule we just played, so I would suspect we would have gone like 7-9 at best if we played the 2013 schedule this year.

Also, just like Les said we will probably take a step back before we go forwards; however, did anyone honestly feel as though Lovie and his staff were capable of being competitive for the superbowl in the next 3 years?

Chicago Da Team

Elite Member!
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have the talent on the team for any coach to be successful.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
5-11.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Tampa just went 2-14 with Lovie. So actually it's a bad point.

No, that actually strengthens the point, that Lovie wouldn't have some magical net-positive effect on the sub par team anyway.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They be going to the Playoffs this year. If not BF51 will quit the board.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And alas it was, we just ignored the top choices!