One of my favorite wins of the season...

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure about you guys, but yesterday's game was one of my favorite of the season. Maybe only second to the Rams game.

The fact that:
-The Bears had nothing to play for by the end of the first qtr
-The Vikings NEEDED to win to make the playoffs
-The Bears were on the road

And they went out and absolutely dominated Cousins and the Vikings, keeping a division rival out of the playoffs.

It was so damn impressive to see this team play the way they did when they could have easily mailed it in and no one would blame them. And the icing on the cake was we were doing it on offense with our 4th and 5th string receivers and then the 2nd string defense came in to close out the game in the 4th quarter.

I like to think of this game as payback for the Harrison Smith hit that knocked Trubisky out for 2 weeks.

PS: This video of Club Dub from yesterday is awesome: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1079552460295938048/pu/vid/592x1280/psGbxpGQo1oD0_n2.mp4?tag=6

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
It was definitely a memorable win. I think it was a big statement game for the Nagy era, really showing the identity of this team. I was beyond impressed.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I loved the trouncing the 2nd string DLine gave the Vikes starting OLine. I know they're a bad unit, but it was very encouraging to see Nichols, Irving and Fitts all get some pressure. Irving needs to be less eager and stop jumping early on plays but otherwise, it was super encouraging to see. Also, the 2 pt conversion to Kwit with Prince running around the backfield was fantastic to see.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was very satisfied

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed favorite win of the year as we didn't fuck around and took no prisoners. Also thought this was the cleanest game from Mitch and Nagy against top competition.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’m complete and utterly impressed with how dominate the Bears were concidering the factors. It was truly a huge confidence builder heading into a territory not many in the team have ever experienced.

My ranking:

1. Rams

2. Vikings (1st game)

3. Packers (2nd game)

4. Vikings (2nd game)

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Doesn't get much better, who would have thought looking at the second half of the season our only loss would come to the lowly Giants?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't get much better, who would have thought looking at the second half of the season our only loss would come to the lowly Giants?

Trubisky hasn't been part of a losing effort since week 7

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Trubisky hasn't been part of a losing effort since week 7

I think even the most meatball fan had the Rams and Vikings in Minnesota penciled in as losses.

Also, two fluke special teams touchdowns to the Patriots? I felt like we handled them well, all things considered.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think even the most meatball fan had the Rams and Vikings in Minnesota penciled in as losses.

Also, two fluke special teams touchdowns to the Patriots? I felt like we handled them well, all things considered.

Trubisky had several errors that game. It was really a team loss, hard to pin it on one phase.

Speed

Liked Posts:
The 2nd string D coming in and bashing them around was beautiful

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The Packers game is better imo because that win was almost like the breaking of the billy goat curse for the Bears. The Packers were a constant thorn in our sides for the past decade and it meant a lot to show that the Bears are no longer the little brother. That win meant more than the Rams game imo.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was definitely a memorable win. I think it was a big statement game for the Nagy era, really showing the identity of this team. I was beyond impressed.

agreed. Nagy proved to Chicago and the rest of the league he's not fucking around.

He went from keeping the starters out most of the preseason to playing them in an almost meaningless game to keep his team playing well as they go into the playoffs

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah...beating the Packers in Soldier Field, bouncing them from playoff hopes, and winning the NFC North all in one win...still ranks higher for me than anything else. No matter how hyped I was for embarrassing the Rams or Vikings.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...beating the Packers in Soldier Field, bouncing them from playoff hopes, and winning the NFC North all in one win...still ranks higher for me than anything else. No matter how hyped I was for embarrassing the Rams or Vikings.

cant argue with that

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of great wines to choose from. Life is good!

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I had the Bears 9-7 +2/-1 and Sunday's domination of the Viking put them even higher than my optimistic ass could have foreseen.

The Bears O still needs time but they've show that against the Vikings/Rams they can eat up the clock and get scores. Far from high octane but solid.
And the Monsters of the Midway dominant Bears D can hang with the best.

The Bears are back baby
4mFh.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trubisky had several errors that game. It was really a team loss, hard to pin it on one phase.

Correct. Was also disappointing to watch NE run the ball down the throat of the defense minus Gronk, Cannon & Michel.