Only way to salvage this is to find a way to trade up to #3

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Do you see him as a starter to get us past GB? That is who we have to fight every year. These are similar to all the other Big School QBs with talent out the ass surrounding them. There are more big school busts than greats over the past couple decades.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Here's how it's going down...

1st round - Bears trade up to #12....for a WR.

2nd round- Bears sit tight and select Kyle Trask at #52.

The remaining draft picks will be used on defensive players and in the 6th Chicago finally drafts an OT who will never see playing time until 2023 for another organization.

Dalton "wins" the starting gig over Foles who ends up starting by week 6 because Dalton sucks. Foles will subsequently fail miserably and by week 12 Dalton will retain the starting job while the entire fanbase continues to scream for Trask to start the rest of the season. In week 15 it happens...Nagy brings in his "promising" rookie who completes a couple bubble screens and is handed the job the rest of a lost season. Dalton and Foles get richer. Bears fans contemplate mass suicide while Nagy and Pace get one more year with Trask as the day 1 starter.

It's like I've watched this movie a few hundred times.

I could actually see this happening. Pace has a hard on for the WR position I guess.

isnt trask your boy?

i dont see the mccaskey's giving the green light to mortgage future picks on a fields/wilson

I like trask about as much as I like mac jones, which is more than trey lance but a lot lot less than the top 3.

I'd love trask in the 2nd more than i'd love trading up to get mac jones in the first.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why on Earth would anyone want to salvage this? Let the ship sink.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
I think Mac Jones will be better than a lot of people realize

Jones could very well be the best of the crop in 3 years. That's who they need to target, and he should be there at 20.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Jones could very well be the best of the crop in 3 years. That's who they need to target, and he should be there at 20.
Prior to yesterday, trading up for Mac Jones would have felt like a huge letdown to me. He doesn't excite me. That being said, in light of the the past 48 hours of bad football decisions made by Ryan Pace, trading up for Mac Jones would feel like a huge win at this point. It certainly beats the alternative of waiting until the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round to draft a lower ceiling, developmental guy who'll rot on the bench behind Dalton and Foles.

The way this is going, Pace will take Kyle Trask with the 20th overall pick and drive me to suicide.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see it now, Bears trade up to acquire the 3rd pick, Commissioner steps to the podium, "With the 3rd pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Bears select Joe Schmoe , cornerback, What the fuck University, Msadows immediately goes on a CCS rant comparing Joe to Reavis

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wilson has the most pro chops with potential. I also think Jones is viable and maybe so is Mills though obviously a greater risk. I'd also take him before Trask. I just don't care much for Trask's intangibles.

Last edited: