Opening Day 2013: Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh Pirates, April Fool's Day

Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Just got back form school, but you better believe I was secretly using my phone to follow on MLB GameDay the whole time

UNDEFEATED CHICAGO CUBS!!! BRING ON THE AL CHAMPIONS!!!!

Sale is working on it

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great game besides Marmol. Dont see Marmol staying closer very long. Cubs want strike throwers and he far from

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Great way to start off the season! I was lucky enough to catch some of the game at work. Proud of the way these guys played today. Really hope Marmol can get some good outings under his belt so he has some trade value once July rolls around.

[video=youtube;DrlLmTh32KI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrlLmTh32KI&noredirect=1[/video]

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had to keep track of the game on my phone but seems like a good performance from Samardzija. I saw the score heading into the bottom of the 9th and texted my dad "here comes Marmol to blow it". It's not even a surprise that he sucks any more.

I realize there's a 99% chance this season is going be nothing special but let's wait til we lose a bunch of games before trying to increase Marmol's value as a closer. It's not going to happen and it's going to waste wins.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I remember I was at work when that whole Dan Haren saga unfolded. What an emotional roller coaster lol. Theo definitely dropped the ball on that one. Other than that and the Sean Marshall deal I have loved each move he has made. The Rizzo trade last year is already a heist. Just imagine if he keeps getting better.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember I was at work when that whole Dan Haren saga unfolded. What an emotional roller coaster lol. Theo definitely dropped the ball on that one. Other than that and the Sean Marshall deal I have loved each move he has made. The Rizzo trade last year is already a heist. Just imagine if he keeps getting better.

Theo didn't really drop anything. If medicals are scary, you can't really blame the team for backing off. Maybe Haren is okay after all in Washington, who knows. Maybe he should've pulled the trigger even with an achy Haren. But I don't think I blame the guy (I think it's more Jed Hoyer than Theo) for backing away a bit.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Theo didn't really drop anything. If medicals are scary, you can't really blame the team for backing off. Maybe Haren is okay after all in Washington, who knows. Maybe he should've pulled the trigger even with an achy Haren. But I don't think I blame the guy (I think it's more Jed Hoyer than Theo) for backing away a bit.

Yeah I agree. I mean I suppose with hindsight everything is easier. Marmol did look quite good toward the end of last season. Haren does have a medical history but still would have been nice as he would have made our rotation better and our bullpen would also have improved via subraction

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Yeah I agree. I mean I suppose with hindsight everything is easier. Marmol did look quite good toward the end of last season. Haren does have a medical history but still would have been nice as he would have made our rotation better and our bullpen would also have improved via subraction

I'm super duper low on Marmol but I leave room for him to surprise me and I won't judge things until we have a larger sample. The Zambrano move looked awful for a few weeks too.

We'll see how it all shakes out.

Sent from up Mark Teixeira's butt.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Haha the Zambrano move was awful. We traded him for like 10+ losses.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whoa. I missed it.

images

[video=youtube;y_hdz8XPG-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_hdz8XPG-M[/video]​

Shew, that's better...RUN DAT FLAG!

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Haha the Zambrano move was awful. We traded him for like 10+ losses.

He's out of the league. Completely lost the stuff and couldn't deal. Honestly he wouldn't have improved the team at all.

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's out of the league. Completely lost the stuff and couldn't deal. Honestly he wouldn't have improved the team at all.

Yeah, that move was addition by subtraction.

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
#Cubs*lineup*@Pirates*4/3: Sappelt CF, Castro SS, Rizzo 1B, Soriano LF, Hairston RF, Castillo C, Lillibridge 3B, Gonzalez 2B, Jackson P1:45pm*- 3 Apr 13

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Interesting. Excited to see Sappelt in there. Glad Lillibridge isn't at 2B but unfortunately he is still playing.

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, looks like Sveum wants to load up on righties against Wandy

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Cubs sure fooled as on April fools, now we're back to regular Cubs baseball.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish