Osweiler vs Cutler

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
"Love jay very much, must defend on internet forums"?

Your desire to talk about Cutler is quite strong though. It's also impressive, how you try to insert his name into every thread that you can & blame it on someone else for doing so.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your desire to talk about Cutler is quite strong though. It's also impressive, how you try to insert his name into every thread that you can & blame it on someone else for doing so.

It's kinda fun. You guys get pretty sweaty pretty quickly.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brock sure is having a bad game, huh? Leading his team to victory against the undefeated Pats. Lolololol.

Enjoy the crow.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:-v

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Brocks looked pretty good....

For 2 games. 2.....

2 games.

I like him though. 6'8, athletic, good arm. Wish him well.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brock has done pretty well for himself so far.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Winning.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wish Cutler could beat the Pats. Talk about a pipe dream though

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish Cutler could beat the Pats. Talk about a pipe dream though

Well, it helps when the Pats have their best two recievers and tight end down. As much as I respect Brady as a QB he isn't superman and there is only so much that he can do with backups to backups. I think that, all things being equal, the Bears would have been competitive today against Denver.

Denver got New England at the right time. The Pats were hurt, Brady hasn't had the comfort level he usually has and Osweiler did exactly what he needed to do to win the game. It also helps when your team puts up 179 yards on the ground. I'm not faulting Osweiler for his performance, it was good enough but lets not start talking about how great he is after he puts up a 72.1 QB rating against a team with similar overall defensive stats. If anything he should have put up better numbers against the 19th rated passing yardage team that is the New England Patriots.

He could be good, he could be crappy. Remember Sanchez looked good for a short time too.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, it helps when the Pats have their best two recievers and tight end down. As much as I respect Brady as a QB he isn't superman and there is only so much that he can do with backups to backups. I think that, all things being equal, the Bears would have been competitive today against Denver.

Denver got New England at the right time. The Pats were hurt, Brady hasn't had the comfort level he usually has and Osweiler did exactly what he needed to do to win the game. It also helps when your team puts up 179 yards on the ground. I'm not faulting Osweiler for his performance, it was good enough but lets not start talking about how great he is after he puts up a 72.1 QB rating against a team with similar overall defensive stats. If anything he should have put up better numbers against the 19th rated passing yardage team that is the New England Patriots.

He could be good, he could be crappy. Remember Sanchez looked good for a short time too.
He came up big when it mattered though and his stat line, minus TDs and Ints, was almost exactly the same as Brady's. Huge win for him in only his second start but of course CJ Anderson had a huge game. I saw that last play coming. He was having a lot of success running to the outside.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, he didn't. Jets got to the playoffs in spite of his poor play his first 2 years. He's actually put up better numbers with the Eagles than he ever did with the Jets, not that they're very good either.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
for the past 2 games brock has played well...DEN coaches are also playing to his strengths/helping his weaknesses....

honestly think he fits the kubiak offense more than Peyton....

like any QB, just need to be in the right system and have the right personel...hell look at CKap..Drew-B...Flacco (pre injury...good old trestman over there....eeeekkkk)...shows you what happens when your coaches and players around you are just short of a circus....(sounds familiar right bears bretheren)

point being...too soon to say he's better...but the future looks bright in DEN IMO...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The guy played very well against the Pats. He has talent and has a chance for a good career, particularly with the Broncos.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Brock sure is having a bad game, huh? Leading his team to victory against the undefeated Pats. Lolololol.

Enjoy the crow.

The crow tastes like he rushed for another 170 yards & 3 TD's this week. Brocks 72.5 rating 1 TD 1 INT was impressive to say the least. If he keeps up that pace he will be the best QB in the game before the year is out. He slayed Brady today, next week the skies the limit.

He ended up finishing well today though & if I had to bet money on it in Vegas I would have bet the house against Denver rushing for 170 yards plus again & 3 rushing TD. Who knew that Brock was such a force to be reckon with in the air that as soon as he threw an INT it would put the fear of God into the Pat's defense and they would abandon their run defense in an attempt to keep Brock from increasing his 72.5 rating any higher.

I'm glad to see that Sanders is proving to be an elite of the elite WR though. I remember being told last year that he was only good because Manning was throwing the ball to him. Much like Nelson for the Packers.

Enjoy the new flavor while it lasts & I will eat my crow tonight for saying that Denver wouldn't rush for 170 yards today.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The crow tastes like he rushed for another 170 yards & 3 TD's this week. Brocks 72.5 rating 1 TD 1 INT was impressive to say the least. If he keeps up that pace he will be the best QB in the game before the year is out. He slayed Brady today, next week the skies the limit.

He ended up finishing well today though & if I had to bet money on it in Vegas I would have bet the house against Denver rushing for 170 yards plus again. Who knew that Brock was such a force to be reckon with on the ground.

I'm glad to see that Sanders is proving to be an elite of the elite WR though. I remember being told last year that he was only good because Manning was throwing the ball to him. Much like Nelson for the Packers.

Enjoy the new flavor while it lasts.
Hater. haha. He brought them back with some big completions. Beat the best team in the NFL. Sanders not elite. Not at all willing to put him in the class of Antonio Brown, Julius Jones, Calvin Johnson etc. Probably could name 10-15 others better than him too. He's good, but not close to elite. Not even the best wr on his team.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Hater. haha. He brought them back with some big completions. Beat the best team in the NFL. Sanders not elite. Not at all willing to put him in the class of Antonio Brown, Julius Jones, Calvin Johnson etc. Probably could name 10-15 others better than him too. He's good, but not close to elite. Not even the best wr on his team.

Like I said in the other thread, keep gloating about it now because it makes it more fun looking back on this in the future.

Sanders is a stud WR. I would love to continue seeing him with a good QB throwing him the ball. He is more than talented enough to produce huge numbers on a regular basis. I may be going too far out on a limb here but after watching the guy on a regular basis. I would have to say his talent level is as good as it gets. I would love to see him in a Bears Uniform.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If Osweiler succeeds it will being rating to keep on the QBs that come out of UCLA from now on.