Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Damn 49ers D is taking a nose dive.

Nick80

Another tough break, have to wait and see if Jim can galvinise what he has left.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
His wife (I assume that's who was on the receiving end) will most likely drop the charges.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Seeya in 7 weeks, lol. 49'ers players dropping like flies. They're my pick this year to flop like I had the Falcons flopping last year and missing the playoffs.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is going to be real interesting, how the league handles this case. If there is no evidence ( like a tape of say a player dragging unconscious wife/fiancé out an elevator) and the wife drops the charges... How is the league going to handle this.

Edit: This has been a problem with domestic's, Bearsbud could chime in here where the person being battered turns against those trying to protect them in the off balanced view it would put them in a better place with their partner. Or, let see... I can be rich, live a lavish life style with a batterer, or we can be poor and living a poor life style with a batterer. I know in the first case I can divorce and get money, in the latter, I'm just divorcing a bum.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
This is going to be real interesting, how the league handles this case. If there is no evidence ( like a tape of say a player dragging unconscious wife/fiancé out an elevator) and the wife drops the charges... How is the league going to handle this.

Edit: This has been a problem with domestic's, Bearsbud could chime in here where the person being battered turns against those trying to protect them in the off balanced view it would put them in a better place with their partner. Or, let see... I can be rich, live a lavish life style with a batterer, or we can be poor and living a poor life style with a batterer. I know in the first case I can divorce and get money, in the latter, I'm just divorcing a bum.

Why I wouldn't count him out for 6 games. I can't see that happening unless, like you said, the wife presses chargers, or there is unquestionably evidence.

Most the time the wife won't press charges when they realize that the loss of income also effects her lifestyle.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His wife (I assume that's who was on the receiving end) will most likely drop the charges.

That could be but that doesn't mean that the DA won't prosecute the case if he or she deems it serious enough.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
That could be but that doesn't mean that the DA won't prosecute the case if he or she deems it serious enough.

Has to be some evidence outside of the wife for that to even be considered.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Whether the wife presses charges or not, Goodell NEEDS this guy to be his scapegoat for the Rice flop. Automatic 6 game ban.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Supposedly it doesn't matter whether the wife chooses to cooperate in the investigation or whether the prosecutor files charges, in terms of the new rule.

The real question is how fast the wheels of NFL justice will work. Can they go through all the new motions and get past any appeals and whatnot within the next two weeks, in time for the Bears game? Seems unlikely

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Supposedly it doesn't matter whether the wife chooses to cooperate in the investigation or whether the prosecutor files charges, in terms of the new rule.

The real question is how fast the wheels of NFL justice will work. Can they go through all the new motions and get past any appeals and whatnot within the next two weeks, in time for the Bears game? Seems unlikely

I would like to know what you are basing this off of.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What do you mean?

Discipline procedures in professional sports have shown us a player does not have to be convicted or even charged for heavy suspensions to be handed down. They've also shown us that most of these cases, especially high profile ones, usually take some time to resolve. There are many, many cases. I assume domestic violence will be the same as all of the other rule violations in this way.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

In fact....this is the actual ramification of the NFL new policy. Hmmmmm.....get my man fired from a 500,000+ job or drop charges?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Duh. We all know that the NFL holds it players to a higher standard than the average citizen. But they have also shown that they can base the punishment, is any at all, upon the outcome of the civil/criminal courts. If you are assuming (like most of us in here are), that is fine, but don't pass it off as if it was stated as fact somewhere.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Duh. We all know that the NFL holds it players to a higher standard than the average citizen. But they have also shown that they can base the punishment, is any at all, upon the outcome of the civil/criminal courts. If you are assuming (like most of us in here are), that is fine, but don't pass it off as if it was stated as fact somewhere.

"To be counted as an "offense," a player would not necessarily have to be convicted in a court of law..."

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/11425377/nfl-implements-domestic-violence-penalties

Newblood

Liked Posts:

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He probably won't be punished before we play them. The league seems to be very slow when it comes to handing out disciplinary action.