OT: Artest calls Barkley "overrated"

engies

Liked Posts:

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I'd lean towards yes, but I watched him mostly during his Houston and late Suns days, so no surprise there.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:OT: Artest calls Barkley

I know we are in an economic recession but there is no reason that Craig Sager couldn't have bought a new suit between 1972 and now. Isn't there a fourth of july parade he could announce?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

OMG

Ron Artest said that? Ron wish he had a small percent of success that Charles had in his career. Charles was 6''8 PF in the days that bigs were amazing and 7''0 plus.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:

I think we should sign this guy from Artest's hood who is better than Roy.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

It's pretty obvious to me that Ron was being facetious there. He jokes around alot. But no one ever sees that because he's been labeled an outcast, & a thug, which is alot of his own doing. But I don't really think he believes that.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

Watching that press conference last night I am pretty sure now that this dude seriously has some sort of mental disorder, he doesn't sit still when he talks. I dont know he is weird.

rosefromconcrete

Liked Posts:

Hes overrated as an analyst...as a player, no. Watch the 93 finals...enough said.

However, on a side note, Houston is the weirdest team Ive ever seen. They are full of highly intelligent players that play as a team and make the most of their athletic abilities and then Ron Artest. I cant really think of a way to describe Artest's game. I mean, how do you describe an incredibly talented 260 pound small forward who shoots 40% and always jacks ill-advised 3s. Can you imagine how good Battier would be if he had Artest's body and talent? I mean, what do Scola and Battier think every time Artest takes a crazy ill-advised 3? Its just a weird team.

engies

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:
I'd lean towards yes, but I watched him mostly during his Houston and late Suns days, so no surprise there.

Yeh he was pretty ko'd from back & knee injurys esp by time he made it to the rockets

before that though in sixers and his first season with suns (you could argue the next 2 years as well but he was injured quite often then) he was a beast

engies

Liked Posts:

Diddy1122 wrote:
It's pretty obvious to me that Ron was being facetious there. He jokes around alot. But no one ever sees that because he's been labeled an outcast, & a thug, which is alot of his own doing. But I don't really think he believes that.

I dont know he didnt look like he was joking around he had a pretty serious look on his face

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Newskoolbulls wrote:
Watching that press conference last night I am pretty sure now that this dude seriously has some sort of mental disorder, he doesn't sit still when he talks. I dont know he is weird.

Ron Artest DOES have mental problems, he's been medicated for them, so yes he does. I know people with various mental diseases, and it's very difficult for them.

They fight a really unfair stigma in life, because people look at mental disease as weakness rather than something like cancer which is beyond their control. If they had cancer, they'd be fighters, but having a mental disorder they're loonies who should be locked up.

They have all the downsides of any major disease and then instead of getting sympathy get crapped on by everyone.