OT| Braun Suspended for rest of season

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fuckin' finally. What an idiot. His quote of "I realize now I made some mistakes," is an absolutely crock. Oh, so you NOW finally realized that doing steroids, then lying about it, was a mistake? Good call, slick. Look, I could care less if a guy takes steroids. If he plays his whole career and gets away with it, good for him. But don't sit there and lie about what you've done, then throw the specimen collector under the bus, even though he did his job the entire time. Be a man, admit you broke the rules and suffer the consequences.

Fuck Ryan Braun.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
It would be nice if he could have accepted the consequences before he felt the need to ruin some persons life to save his own hide. What a fucking dirtbag, I would refuse to cheer for any team he plays for. Regular PED users are bad enough, but this is very much like a Lance Armstrong situation.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope the delivery driver Sue the hell out of him

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I know that it doesn't apply in the MIL/Braun situation, but do failed tests, admissions, etc give a team any options to void a contract? Say in an ARod/NYY situation where it certainly appears that the team no longer wants the dude.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I know that it doesn't apply in the MIL/Braun situation, but do failed tests, admissions, etc give a team any options to void a contract? Say in an ARod/NYY situation where it certainly appears that the team no longer wants the dude.
I could see that getting written into future contracts. What is important is if the majority of players in the union want this nonsense to stop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Can they make it stick?

He essentially plead guilty to the charges for a reduced suspension. Not only is he going to have to do the suspension as handed down, but I think that this will cause the others in the investigation to take a plea as well. If they do not, I think that you will see a lot of them with some major suspension time. From what I was hearing on the radio on the way home, they are not sure if the discussed suspension for Braun was going to be facing 100 games or more. A first offense would have only netted him 50 games, so this was definitely a deal.

As far as the A-Rod deal goes, I am not sure exactly what sort of contract wording he has, but from my understanding of the CBA, there is no recourse for the teams other than the guy having to serve the suspension unpaid. The Brewers for instance will not have to pay the approx. 3.5 million to Braun remaining this season, but will have to pay him the 110 million that he has left after this season.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Fuckin' finally. What an idiot. His quote of "I realize now I made some mistakes," is an absolutely crock. Oh, so you NOW finally realized that doing steroids, then lying about it, was a mistake? Good call, slick. Look, I could care less if a guy takes steroids. If he plays his whole career and gets away with it, good for him. But don't sit there and lie about what you've done, then throw the specimen collector under the bus, even though he did his job the entire time. Be a man, admit you broke the rules and suffer the consequences.

Fuck Ryan Braun.

Did you forget to drink your warm milk and take a nap ?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I seen something the other day where they said there wouldn't be any suspensions from this this year..... ESPN sucks haha

Now I wonder what's going to happen with A-Rod and the others..

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Anybody else see the major flaw in in the system? What is the point of popping all of these players for PED's if they are just going to be taking away the geese that are laying the golden eggs? Time to cut the heads of the snakes. If a player gets caught with HGH or roids they get at 1 year ban 1st offense. If they agree to name the supplier, the suspension gets reduced to 50 games.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol good. Fuck Ryan Braun. Hope A-Roid is next.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What Braun did was against the rules, but that doesn't make him guilty the first time around. Public opinion yes, but not legally the first time around.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What Braun did was against the rules, but that doesn't make him guilty the first time around. Public opinion yes, but not legally the first time around.

Every single report I've read said he failed the first drug test...

He's a liar. He's a cheater. He's a baby. And he should do everything over the next 65 games to get a certain out-of-work specimen collector a job.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Every single report I've read said he failed the first drug test...

He's a liar. He's a cheater. He's a baby. And he should do everything over the next 65 games to get a certain out-of-work specimen collector a job.

Again you don't know because procedure wasn't followed

BBQb

Liked Posts:
Anybody else see the major flaw in in the system? What is the point of popping all of these players for PED's if they are just going to be taking away the geese that are laying the golden eggs? Time to cut the heads of the snakes. If a player gets caught with HGH or roids they get at 1 year ban 1st offense. If they agree to name the supplier, the suspension gets reduced to 50 games.

Yep, and not only that, he (Braun) loses out on around 3.5 mil. But he get's paid next year and the rest of his 100 mil contract if he doesn't get "caught" again. It's crap.

Until the contracts can have it written into them, 50 games or even 100 is more like "the best we can do" punishment attitude. Or else they can just let everyone take whatever they want.

The bottom line in all of this, you have players that don't get caught and those that do. And I'm sure the majority of the players don't mess with it.