OT| Braun Suspended for rest of season

ChicagoBornCalifLiving

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he's admitted to it at this point.

Actually the courier’s company procedure was followed but not MLBs which he did not realize were different so Braun got off on a total technicality. The specimen was sealed and stored properly just not delivered according to MLB policy. So either Braun was dirty or the courier figured out a way to taint the test. My bet is on Braun.

As one player who was interviewed said along with some of the posters here, until the financial incentive is wiped out guys are still going to roll the dice if they can get a $110 million dollar pay day.

It’s a catch 22 for the players. The guys who use roids are the guys who put up the big numbers and get the big contracts, so MLB needs figure out a way to work with the Players Union to change that.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He bet his life on it....

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
he's admitted to it at this point.
He did? Where?

Actually the courier’s company procedure was followed but not MLBs which he did not realize were different so Braun got off on a total technicality. The specimen was sealed and stored properly just not delivered according to MLB policy. So either Braun was dirty or the courier figured out a way to taint the test. My bet is on Braun.
Maybe, maybe not. Thanks to procedure not being followed, we don't know.

It’s a catch 22 for the players. The guys who use roids are the guys who put up the big numbers and get the big contracts, so MLB needs figure out a way to work with the Players Union to change that.

It's more than that. The roids helps recovery time so it doesn't necessarily translate into big numbers. See McGwire hr rate as an example.