OT - Darrell Bevell Fired As OC Of SEA After 7 Seasons

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think flip would be great as well as OC.. Nagy can tell him he can give him limited playcalling ability as well like what Reid did with him. That way we get a few years of helping develop Trubisky and if he gets plucked for a HC job thats what Flip wants and he will need OC/Playcalling experience to do that.. Our offence wont change for Trubisky because Nagy is the primary playcalling/OC anyway.. win win

My guess is he'd get the vaunted QBC/Passing Game Coordinator title......

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The other good thing with Bevell is it appears he might be one of those guys that isn't seen as a HC candidate despite having a good track record as OC. So he could be in the position as OC for a few years unlike a guy like Flip who probably is gone after a couple years of success.

this is true.. but less of an issue when your HC is designing and calling the plays anyway

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think this is the reason that most of us wanted an offensive minded coach, so that the OC is NOT the most critical hire the staff will end up making.

Experienced, Newbie, somewhere in between, our season will not hinge on who the OC is.

The DC is more important, and if Fangio does end up staying it will be a critical hire.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
this is true.. but less of an issue when your HC is designing and calling the plays anyway

I think this is the reason that most of us wanted an offensive minded coach, so that the OC is NOT the most critical hire the staff will end up making.

Experienced, Newbie, somewhere in between, our season will not hinge on who the OC is.

The DC is more important, and if Fangio does end up staying it will be a critical hire.

Well let's slow down. Our season may hinge on the OC because we don't know how Nagy will handle all the responsibility.

It is not easy to be a Head Coach and OC and Nagy is very green in the play calling department. Going with a newbie at OC could be disastrous if it turns out Nagy needs a lot of support.

Part of the reason a guy like Pederson likely brought in more experienced guys.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I can see him bringing in a young QB coach from a franchise who saw success.

Ken Dorsey?

Or someone who has been a HC and coached talented QBs.

Mike McCoy?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I guess my question is, how does Nagy not already have somewhat of a staff put together? I understand the unknown of the DC, but his offensive staff, he should've at least had some names at the interview that agreed to work with him if he got the job.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps he does and they are still in the playoffs. Like Defilippo.

But yeah it is a bit concerning when compared to a Gruden who has his key staff in place.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The Bears will not be bringing in a big name OC. It will be someone who has been a qb coach or similar. Nagy will call plays. OC will be first timer.
We can always bring Bevell in as a QB coach. Fill the team full of offensive minds.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I hope Nagy brings Eric Bieniemy with him as OC. He has an impressive track record with backs and with Nagy on board calling plays he can double as the QB guru.

Bieniemy was named the Cheifs OC yesterday.