OT: Doug how is your Chicago Blog doing?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
What have your bosses been telling you? Do they like your work? I have enjoyed it so far. I dont know if you could do this but you should once in awhile do a where are they now article on former Chicago Bulls. Basically say Keith Booth what has he done since hes been out of the NBA, what did he like about the NBA, what does he miss, does he see himself back in the league in some capacity, does he watch the bulls etc. I think it would be interesting but of course you would need the tribunes help in getting in contact with them. You could do other chicago teams former players as well.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Sham did a couple of those on my blog. I don't actually keep track of former players.

I'll think the blog is doing well if I get media access otherwise not so much. I think they're really happy with my work there so far though. I'm hoping the comments get rolling better, because that'd give me enough traffic to actually make some decent money.

I think right now I'm getting about $2 per article I write or something, so it's not really worth the time financially if it doesn't lead to something better down the road.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Sham did a couple of those on my blog. I don't actually keep track of former players.

I'll think the blog is doing well if I get media access otherwise not so much. I think they're really happy with my work there so far though. I'm hoping the comments get rolling better, because that'd give me enough traffic to actually make some decent money.

I think right now I'm getting about $2 per article I write or something, so it's not really worth the time financially if it doesn't lead to something better down the road.

I enjoy it, i hope they try to promote it more for you when the season starts.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think they'll try and promote it on the site more when the season starts, but I'm not sure how much traffic ChicagoNow gets as a whole, and whether all the promotion in the world will help.

I'm also somewhat concerned that the frequency of my writing is really bringing down the quality of what I have to say.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I'm also somewhat concerned that the frequency of my writing is really bringing down the quality of what I have to say.

No.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I think they'll try and promote it on the site more when the season starts, but I'm not sure how much traffic ChicagoNow gets as a whole, and whether all the promotion in the world will help.

wjb1492

Liked Posts:
I haven't posted very often because a lot of times I don't have a really substantive thought to add, and it seemed kind of silly to put up "Nice post, Doug" a lot - but if that would help you out I'll comment more. I check it pretty much every day to see what you've put up.

I guess the real solution would be to have more substantive thoughts, but it is the off-season.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I appreciate the regular readership. Comments are always appreciated of course. I always hate the feeling that I'm talking to myself ;)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
dougthonus wrote:
I appreciate the regular readership. Comments are always appreciated of course. I always hate the feeling that I'm talking to myself ;)
If you like comments that just say something simple like "nice" or "good job" then I'll make an account to do so and comment on everything like that (unless I actually have something constructive to say).