OT: Dwight Howard Gets Live Cover

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9y-XpQWsjE

I wish things were swapped. There is no way that I'm going to be buying NBA Live. I'd much rather see Dwight Howard everytime I reach for NBA 2k10 rather than Kobe. Although it's not as bad as last year with Garnett on the cover.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9y-XpQWsjE

I wish things were swapped. There is no way that I'm going to be buying NBA Live. I'd much rather see Dwight Howard everytime I reach for NBA 2k10 rather than Kobe. Although it's not as bad as last year with Garnett on the cover.

2011 Derrick Rose :)

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Ben Gordon (or Luol Deng) will get the Live Cover in Great Britain, since they usually do some country specific covers.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I wonder if Ben Gordon (or Luol Deng) will get the Live Cover in Great Britain, since they usually do some country specific covers.

Luol will get Mrs. Pacman cover.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Deng will only get the cover if they do a Wheres Waldo addition.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
Deng will only get the cover if they do a Wheres Waldo addition.

Sad but true they are making a live movie wheres Waldo.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn I´m looking forward to buy a PS3 in the next weeks with NBA Live 09. I wasn´t able to do it earlier because of my final school test -.-

And now NBA Live 10 is already on its way? Does anybody have the exact date?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Thats a shame that hes going to be injured next year. I liked Howard.

Syxx

Liked Posts:
Bullseye - My store (gamestop) has it listed for 9-30 I think (and 2K10 is street dated for 10/6). They usually come out when preseason starts... I, and most people, would recommend 2K over Live.

TheStig- There really has been historical link between NBA game coverboys and injury. Madden coverboys on the other hand...

I like the slight irony with 2 the last 3 Live coverboys. Arenas (08 coverboy) said, prior to his cover appearance, that he played the real basketball game - 2K; not that Live stuff (or something to that nature). Now, Howard was in the T-Mobile commercial with Wade and Barkley. In that commercial Sir Charles is playing as the Magic (and controlling Howard) in 2K9. Though he could just as easily say that him being hurt in that commercial made him want to be on Live's cover....

/geek rant

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2K is better than Live. End of story. Though I will say this about Live, its dynasty mode in 06 somehow allowed me to get a lineup that includes DHoward, Bosh, CP3, Mourning, and Travis Outlaw (who I consider a great 6th man for the Blazers) all by trades and such, so for that I give Live some props.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
Damn I´m looking forward to buy a PS3 in the next weeks with NBA Live 09. I wasn´t able to do it earlier because of my final school test -.-

If you don't have a next gen system already, I recommend buying an XBOX 360. It is by far the best next generation system.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
2K gameplay is better, but you can so easily get superstars in that game. Magic always offer Howard if you put somebody on trading block

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Bullseye wrote:

If you don't have a next gen system already, I recommend buying an XBOX 360. It is by far the best next generation system.

No thanks I´m a Playstation lover. I don´t like the XBOX. It starts with the controller. But that´s purely a matter of taste. So it is with NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

So please no "This game is better" postings like you can find them on Youtube. If everybody had the same taste we all would drive the same car and love the same woman. Horrible imagination. ;)