OT: Eagles WR Riley Cooper At Concert: "I Will Fight Every racist comment Here"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
As a Cooper update he's taken time away from the team to go to treatment for his racist remarks. Some are suggesting he'll just retire to focus on this and come back in a year or two.

He should just go to another team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought you were talking about the fundamental difference...clearly you weren't...my bad

With that fundamental difference being that the lyrics talk precedence in rap while the music takes precedence in rock.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
With that fundamental difference being that the lyrics talk precedence in rap while the music takes precedence in rock.

Yes...because the best rock songs are sans lyrics.

You're the only poster on here that will champion a point...then be arguing against it 4 pages later

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He should just go to another team.

Hey Mike Vick forgives him and he is the one that is throwing him the ball. Besides, much better if he remains on the team to see how this plays out. If Eminem could survive this within the hip hop community then there is hope for Cooper yet.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes...because the best rock songs are sans lyrics.

Do you understand the difference between something taking precedence vs something being absent completely?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Do you understand the difference between something taking precedence vs something being absent completely?

:obama:

Dude it's music.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:obama:

Dude it's music.

That people listen to for different reasons. Once again, I listen to rap for the lyrics. I listen to rock for the music. You can just play me the instrumentals for most rock songs I like and I will be content but a rap song without the lyrics just aint right. Just like I can listen to Nas rap a capella which he has done in the past and not need a beat to accompany it but a rock song without the instruments just aint right to me.

Now you are free to experience and enjoy music how you wish. It is a matter of personal taste but once again rap has always been more about the lyrics to me with the beat secondary. Rock has always been more about the music ie instruments to me with the lyrics secondary. To each his own.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
A rap without lyrics is called funk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey Mike Vick forgives him and he is the one that is throwing him the ball. Besides, much better if he remains on the team to see how this plays out. If Eminem could survive this within the hip hop community then there is hope for Cooper yet.

Without me having to look up " If Eminem could survive this within the hip hop community"....what happened to him?
_____

Cooper would be bad for chemistry at this point. Remember, even though this is football.....it's still a work environment.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Without me having to look up " If Eminem could survive this within the hip hop community"....what happened to him?
_____

Cooper would be bad for chemistry at this point. Remember, even though this is football.....it's still a work environment.

He had a long running feud with Benzino who is a Boston Rapper and also part owner of the formerly iconic rap magazine the Source. The magazine dug up some demo tapes of him back in high school where he said some shit about not dating a black girl because he was pissed at a black girl he dated. Can't remember but he may have used the N-word as well.

Some people still inevitably hold it against him but most of the bigger names in the rap community eventually let it slide.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Much like a sex addict...there is a condition for racial comments that doesn't involve the description of racist.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He had a long running feud with Benzino who is a Boston Rapper and also part owner of the formerly iconic rap magazine the Source. The magazine dug up some demo tapes of him back in high school where he said some shit about not dating a black girl because his was pissed his a black girl he dated. Can't remember but he may have used the N-word as well.

Some people still inevitably hold it against him but most of the bigger names in the rap community eventually let it slide.

"he said some shit about not dating a black girl because his was pissed his a black girl he dated. "

so...was he previously dating a black girl. Personally, IMO....no one should use ethnic slurs to describe anyone.

check this out.....Matt Millen

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...P9bHDePB2sgaN4vr0Afn9Kg&bvm=bv.50165853,d.aWc

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"he said some shit about not dating a black girl because his was pissed his a black girl he dated. "

so...was he previously dating a black girl. Personally, IMO....no one should use ethnic slurs to describe anyone.

Yeah he dated a black girl in high school before Kim. They broke up and he was pissed about it so he said some shit in a song about not dating black bitches because they only want your money. There was another tape where he allegedly said the N but I think he disputed that tape being from him. With the thing about black girls, he apologized and said he was a young, angry, stupid kid who was hurt and so lashed out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Floyd Mayweather needs it.

[video=youtube;RN-4cLGcdAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN-4cLGcdAA[/video]

He has the luxury of playing an individual sport were he can act the fool with less repercussions.

BBQb

Liked Posts:
Has anyone been over to an Eagles board to see what's the vibe like? Just wondering. Maybe Pegger? And no don't start shit, that's with a "P"....
The Eagle Bear member.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL Rap is the worst music on the planet..well second..anything Yoko Ono does. lets start off that all rappers cant sing becuase if they could thye wouldnt be rapping. second they cant play instruments becuase they are lazy. third they use successful music and then rap over it. finally there lyrics are laughable. they make up words so they rhyme. lyrical genius lol. give me a break. how about rap live..omg worst then watching todd collins play

For one, you probably only here the same pointless garbage they play on the radio (and let's not pretend that rock in the 70s about getting pussy and Zeppelin always singing about Tolkien' stories was some kind of lyrical genius either). Secondly, it is a lot more difficult to put a beat together than you probably realize, and the best ones get paid very handsomely for them. They don't use successful music, they use one piece from the song and make an entire beat around it. Third, only a shitty rapper will make up words, lol. It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to the subject. It's one thing to not like rap, that's your prerogative, but don't pretend like anyone can just step in their shoes and do any better. What you're saying about rap and hip/hop is exactly what your parents were saying about the Beatles & Zeppelin.