OT:Flip Saunders passes away!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
RIP...shocking indeed...my condolences to his family

side note: the Minnesota job is really intriguing just sucks that its in Minnesota but LaVine/Wiggins/Towns could be a very nice core if they live up to their potential...wonder if they back up the brinks truck for thibs

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i don't know that id say its very shocking, the guy had cancer. but it is very very sad for sure...always liked the guy and his approach to the game. as airgordon mentioned....thibs might be a great match for a replacement

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
i don't know that id say its very shocking, the guy had cancer. but it is very very sad for sure...always liked the guy and his approach to the game. as airgordon mentioned....thibs might be a great match for a replacement

I didn't think it moved that rapidly. He was diagnosed then done pretty quick. Nasty shit.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very sad and pretty unexpected

I remember when it was reported he was he was diagnosed Hodgkin's lymphoma and had been undergoing treatments already. The quotes were that his doctors said it was "very treatable" and the word from the T'Wolves owner was something along the lines that he didn't think Flip would miss game time and they'd work with his schedule.

I absolutely hate cancer. Hodgkin's lymphoma has an 85% survival rate, he was probably working with top notch doctors, and he's been a healthy athlete his whole life...and then boom, gone, in a matter of months.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thibs would like that team because they average 20 years of age and he couldn't run them into the ground, except when he decides to play Garnett for 40 minutes and not rest him for practices. I don't know how that will go over.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thibs would like that team because they average 20 years of age and he couldn't run them into the ground, except when he decides to play Garnett for 40 minutes and not rest him for practices. I don't know how that will go over.

Lol Thibs only plays his best players into the ground. KG is an all-time great but that "time" is far over.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seemed to come out of nowhere. We knew it was getting bad because he was gonna take the year off, but didn't know it was to this degree. RIP Coach Flip

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have tried about 10 times and 10 different ways to post the abbreviation for rest in peace in caps, and the board simply will not allow it, keeps changing it to "Rip" no matter what I do. Extremely frustrating. Saw many games in the early days of KG when I lived there. Good guy who will be missed.

Last edited: