OT: Florio “Schefter is a scumbag”

Rise

Liked Posts:
It felt good telling the New York post I would not support them and continue to block ads.

My second thought is I had already forgot about Ben Johnson as I’m led to believe Kliff Kingsbury is the master plan to steal Caleb Williams.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schefty lost my last bit of possible respect when he just couldn't contain himself and leaked the Tweet about Andrew Luck retiring during that preseason game. Luck had apparently told the team and had a presser set for after the practice game. The organization respected it, but Schefty just HAD to be the one to drop the news, instead creating a stadium of angry fans during the game, and f'd up the chance for Luck to hit the podium and bow out with grace.

Feel how you will about Luck's early retirement or expectation to announce on his schedule, it just felt extremely selfish and cringe of Schefter to me.

FWIW, Adam Schefter defends breaking Andrew Luck retirement story

What a unprepared, weaselly, twat-waffle:

2024-02-05_00h43_44.png

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter is an unethical fraud who doesn’t even have the respect of his own colleagues.

Yes, he has inside information. But that’s it. He literally has no scruples, cedes editorial control to his sources, has been caught straight-up lying while reporting, is Deshaun Watson’s image man, and is actually wrong surprisingly often.

He also seems like a terrible person, mocking people who have different opinions as him. He’s leaked personal information just because he can. He’s posted pictures leaked to him of a violent medical incident and gotten (rightfully) sued for it.

Fuck Adam Schefter.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Isn’t that their job? To get inside information and leak it to the public? Whether anyone likes it or not?

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not buying into this. If Schefter was such a bad guy, over the years he would have pissed off all his contacts and the information to him would have gone dry. This obviously is not the case.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Personally, I feel like any sports journalist these days is little more than a gossip columnist. So I already had a low opinion on Schefter.

That Florio thinks he is a scumbag makes me feel like the other rats have proclaimed a new King Rat.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not buying into this. If Schefter was such a bad guy, over the years he would have pissed off all his contacts and the information to him would have gone dry. This obviously is not the case.
You don't think other people can also be scumbags, or just use him to get out info that they want to get out?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Schefter long since sold himself to his sources and is just a reporting bot for them.

I would have to research it, but I thought it was determined that some of his tweets are basically just written by the owner or agent in question and essentially just posted under Schefter's name. So, they work with him because he doesn't question any aspect of their side and just sends their message.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im surprised @Mighty Joe Young hasn’t commented on this yet. He’s been calling Schefter a dbag for years

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Nah, consider the mob mentality (which I think was Dan Snyder's preferred method of business). He is too useful to get rid of (it is like free PR if you can work the reporter), and so you have to make peace that you work with a gadfly.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't think other people can also be scumbags, or just use him to get out info that they want to get out?

Yeah I'm sure that's part of it, but the reality of the whole thing is none of it really matters. If Schefter or Rappaport report something, it is probably happening anyway within hours. It's this thing of being the first. In the same way if someone sees a tweet of something happening they rush to be the first person to post it.

I'm sure the same people that would rip Schefter, are looking to find out what he is saying when things are happening like Black Monday.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Sounds like an episode of TMZ, just a bunch of gossip drama. I take very little of what these folks says seriously.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Im surprised @Mighty Joe Young hasn’t commented on this yet. He’s been calling Schefter a dbag for years
He's preparing his thesis paper on the subject.

Also, pretty common knowledge that Schefter is a scumbag, right? I think if you know football, you know he's a shitbird.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Schefter’s scumbaggery isn’t simply a hazard of the job. Adrian Wojnerowski, Ian Rapoport, and others find a way to be great scoopsters while not lying in their reporting, leaking sensitive medical information and pictures just because they can, becoming cringey pitchmen, blurring the lines between reporting and advertising, getting forced to resign from gambling boards, letting owners have final editorial say on the wording of a story, etc.

Yes, it takes give and take. Yes, it’s transactional. But Schefter goes far beyond it so much, that even his own colleagues don’t like the guy or his style of reporting.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Might be surprising given how verbose I can be here, but my life doesn't revolve around you guys ;) I've been out and about enjoying life.

That said, you summoned me here like BeetleJuice so I guess it's showtime.

Although I really don't have too much to add. One idiot asshole is talking shit about another idiot asshole. Shefter has long been exposed as a fraud, so really this is nothing more than a bitch-fight.