OT: Fox Sports 1

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Except they aren't memoed about their position, slants and terminology.

Are you so certain?

But to make it easier, they just make sure to hire like-minded individuals who already tow the line or hold similar beliefs. When you hire a bunch of people who all think the same way, really no need for memos.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
All the news stations are biased...

The refreshing things about FOX and MSNBC is that they openly admit it.

The others just pretend.

Exactly.

Plus most dumb people don't know the difference between an editorial program and the actual news.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
All the news stations are biased...

The refreshing things about FOX and MSNBC is that they openly admit it.

The others just pretend.

Exactly.

Plus most dumb people don't know the difference between an editorial program and the actual news.

When does FOX openly admit to being biased?

They openly admit the opposite, they pretend to be 'fair & balanced'

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
There's no way MSNBC or CNN would ever stoop so low as to insinuate that a candidate for president might in fact be a terrorist, and stoking racial/religious hatred by haranguing a scholar/theologian about his right to author a book solely based on his religion.

false equivalency. FOX is much worse

You mean like how they didn't do that when Bush was in office?

Oh, my bad, they did.

Or maybe how they don't overgeneralize the Tea Party as some backwater, gay-hating, NRA alternative group of country bumpkins?

Oh, my bad, they do that too.

And idiots like you lap it up hook line and sinker and actually believe the narrative without doing the legwork yourself - downright lazy.

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha, that's a good point. One of my meter's of people's political intelligence is what they think the TEA Party is.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
You mean like how they didn't do that when Bush was in office?

Oh, my bad, they did.

Or maybe how they don't overgeneralize the Tea Party as some backwater, gay-hating, NRA alternative group of country bumpkins?

Oh, my bad, they do that too.

And idiots like you lap it up hook line and sinker and actually believe the narrative without doing the legwork yourself - downright lazy.

I'll ask you not to make assumptions about me. I don't do it to you

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
When does FOX openly admit to being biased?

They openly admit the opposite, they pretend to be 'fair & balanced'

More proof you don't really pay much attention beyond the tagline

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I'll ask you not to make assumptions about me. I don't do it to you

You're making it easy to make some inferences. You're coming across as a line-towing left winger. If this is not an accurate depiction of you, then you at least need to be self-aware enough that this is how you are projecting yourself.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
When has FOX openly admitted to bias? I plead ignorance there

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
When has FOX openly admitted to bias? I plead ignorance there

Rupert Murdoch, the one who created Fox news, said when the station was created that he intended to create a news station with a slight-to-moderate right lean because he noticed all the other media out there was left-leaning and felt having a station out there to create a balance and counterpoint was necessary to prevent one political side from controlling how information is disseminated.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nice job GoBears. You turned what could be a decent discussion on a new sports network into a political bitchfest. Awesome!

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
So back to the point of this thread. I watched some of it Sat morning and liked what I saw. Didn't get to see the Fox Sports Live show though....

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Rupert Murdoch, the one who created Fox news, said when the station was created that he intended to create a news station with a slight-to-moderate right lean because he noticed all the other media out there was left-leaning and felt having a station out there to create a balance and counterpoint was necessary to prevent one political side from controlling how information is disseminated.

If he cared how information was disseminated he would make a channel with zero lean.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always laugh at people who get upset at fox news, because the same claims can be made about CNN and MSNBC on the flip side of the coin.

I find that all news is inherently biased, and people watch the news not to actually get the truth of whats reported, but to have whats reported done so in such a way to make themselves not have to question their own preconceived notions.

I can watch just about any news agency just fine, and take all reports with a grain of salt and a watchful eye.

CNN and MSNBC are not launching sports networks. But since your party`s main support comes from the religious right, we should see a hell of a lot more TEBOW TIME, which makes me want to :puke:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, if you needed any prompting to want to check out FS1 rather than the typical ESPN drivel I present you with this: I just saw a commercial for ESPN2 giving a show to...wait for it... Keith Fucking Olbermann. Really? They're actually giving that douche-nozzle a job...again?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, if you needed any prompting to want to check out FS1 rather than the typical ESPN drivel I present you with this: I just saw a commercial for ESPN2 giving a show to...wait for it... Keith Fucking Olbermann. Really? They're actually giving that douche-nozzle a job...again?

Yea, I always liked him when he talked sports, its when he drifts to politics that the wheels come off. And, I think they're dealing with him on specials and special assignments more or less, so you won't be seeing him anchor a desk anytime soon.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Seriously enjoying the duo of Jay and Dan reading highlights. Real, real good stuff.

The panel of athletes I could do without.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
CNN and MSNBC are not launching sports networks. But since your party`s main support comes from the religious right, we should see a hell of a lot more TEBOW TIME, which makes me want to :puke:

NBCsports is that far off peoples radar screens?

Fucking A on Tapatalk