OT: Goff sucks

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nothing we didn't know. Also Captain Meatball punted on 4th & 4 on his opponent's 42yd line in the 4th down 7. Goff is 0-12 without McVay as his head coach.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He's on par with where he was at last season, which was pretty average. I don't see much more opportunity for growth in his game, as he doesn't seem to have any special traits that give you a reason to believe there's something there waiting to be unlocked, but I still think he's serviceable as a starter. You could always do worse.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Nothing we didn't know. Also Captain Meatball punted on 4th & 4 on his opponent's 42yd line in the 4th down 7. Goff is 0-12 without McVay as his head coach.

Who are they going to play? David Bloughs? Lol

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I always thought Goff was a Mitch Trubisky type player who was just lucky enough to be in a really good system. Turns out that system and coach is even better than we thought with Stafford +20 points of QBR over his career average under McVey.

I see the Lions drafting a QB next year and cutting Goff in 2023 when the cap number is manageable. I think Goff will end up as a backup who may spot start or be a bridge QB. Nobody is paying him big money to be a franchise QB again IMO.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He's on par with where he was at last season, which was pretty average. I don't see much more opportunity for growth in his game, as he doesn't seem to have any special traits that give you a reason to believe there's something there waiting to be unlocked, but I still think he's serviceable as a starter. You could always do worse.
Serviceable as in probably around a bottom 10 starter? I don't see him being better than (in no particular order):
  1. Patrick Mahomes
  2. Tom Brady
  3. Josh Allen
  4. Dak Prescott
  5. Aaron Rodgers
  6. Russell Wilson
  7. Lamar Jackson
  8. Kyler Murray
  9. Matt Stafford
  10. Daniel Jones
  11. Teddy Bridgewater (this year)
  12. Derek Carr
  13. Kirk Cousins
  14. Joe Burrow
  15. Baker Mayfield
  16. Matt Ryan
  17. DeShaun Watson
  18. Justin Herbert
  19. Ben Roethlisberger (though he's falling off quickly)
  20. Ryan Tannehill
Beyond that, you wouldn't take him over Fields, Wilson, Lawrence, Jones or Lance at this point, and it's tough to tell who'd be better between him and guys like Jalen Hurts, Tua Tagavoila, Jameis Winston, Jimmy Garappolo, Carson Wentz, Taylor Heinecke and Sam Darnold.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Serviceable as in probably around a bottom 10 starter? I don't see him being better than (in no particular order):
  1. Patrick Mahomes
  2. Tom Brady
  3. Josh Allen
  4. Dak Prescott
  5. Aaron Rodgers
  6. Russell Wilson
  7. Lamar Jackson
  8. Kyler Murray
  9. Matt Stafford
  10. Daniel Jones
  12. Derek Carr
  13. Kirk Cousins
  14. Joe Burrow
  15. Baker Mayfield
  16. Matt Ryan
  17. DeShaun Watson
  18. Justin Herbert
  20. Ryan Tannehill
Beyond that, you wouldn't take him over Fields, Wilson, Lawrence, Jones or Lance at this point, and it's tough to tell who'd be better between him and guys like Jalen Hurts, Tua Tagavoila, Jameis Winston, Jimmy Garappolo, Carson Wentz, Taylor Heinecke and Sam Darnold.

Jimmy G to me is the worst in the league, but after that its def Goff.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nick Foles + Andy Dalton 2021 Cap hit 12 mil
Jared Goff 2021 Cap hit 10.5 Mil

This was my favorite post of his in the offseason. For some reason he was trying to defend goff sucking by saying he has a lower cap hit than our backup QB's.

I don't think he noticed, but when your team doesn't have any players that want to sign there Cap Hit doesn't really matter.

He also said that there is no way that fields or dalton are better than goff this year. Oof. If he had fields or dalton his team would at least have a win this year and he wouldn't have to disappear in disgrace.

Speed

Liked Posts:
That 2016 QB class looking pretty bleh these days. Who would've guessed Dak would be the Diamond of that draft.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

So if he could do it with McVay, what is different now?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
  1. Patrick Mahomes
  2. Tom Brady
  3. Josh Allen
  4. Dak Prescott
  5. Aaron Rodgers
  6. Russell Wilson
  7. Lamar Jackson
  8. Kyler Murray
  9. Matt Stafford
  10. Daniel Jones
  12. Derek Carr
  13. Kirk Cousins
  14. Joe Burrow
  15. Baker Mayfield
  16. Matt Ryan
  17. DeShaun Watson
  18. Justin Herbert
  20. Ryan Tannehill
I think his floor is no worse than one of the 32 best quarterbacks in the NFL, and his ceiling is somewhere between 12-16. To me, that's serviceable.

msadows

Liked Posts:
bakers slow ass got tackled by a cop and he still went #1 overall.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
bakers slow ass got tackled by a cop and he still went #1 overall.

Interesting ....I forgot about that, it must've been swept under the rug. :sweep:

Last edited: