OT: Iowa Hawkeyes at the Combine

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
TBH, I always mix up Iowa and Idaho. 2 just really god awful states. Which one is known for literally growing potatoes? Exciting stuff!

Idaho is pretty amazing honestly. Love it there.

Iowa is boring as fuck. Des Moines is a nice city and the area in the NE part of the state above Dubuque is nice. Cedar Rapids is trying. Waterloo is a cesspool. Ames is blah. Council Bluffs and Sioux City...yawn. Davenport and Bettendorf....not really much there.

Iowa City is what it is. Probably my favorite city in Iowa, close with Dubuque.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Take a trip to Sun Valley, Idaho and get back to us on how god awful it is. Idaho is a gorgeous place.

I hate Idaho drivers. I know, I know, everybody has a local horror story about bad drivers, but until you've experienced the lofty heights of ineptitude of an Idaho driver, kindly shut the hell up. And yes, i'm gate-keeping a little. I've done a fair amount of driving around the states, and people from Idaho take the cake. If you see some dipshit holding up traffic for miles, there's a good chance that the driver is from Idaho.

Not to mention, Idaho's state colors are literally: red, white, and boring. I'd go so far as to say that Idaho is the most boring state in the U.S. Though, I have to admit that I've never been to New Hampshire, where the most interesting thing that state has/had going for it is the formation of a cliff that kind of looked like the face of an old man when viewed from a certain angle. New Hampshire is so boring that they literally put this arbitrary geological formation on their state coin. The "face" finally collapsed in 2003, causing many to be so distressed that they literally cried.

Imagine that. Crying because a rock crumbled. SMDH.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Drop one match on the ground in Iowa and the whole state goes up like a tinder box.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Iowa is boring as fuck. Des Moines is a nice city and the area in the NE part of the state above Dubuque is nice. Cedar Rapids is trying. Waterloo, Ames, Council Bluffs and Sioux City are a cesspool. Davenport and Bettendorf....not really much there.

Iowa City is what it is.

Pretty spot on TBH. Fixed some things tho. Iowa City is fun to party in, would never live there.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hate Idaho drivers. I know, I know, everybody has a local horror story about bad drivers, but until you've experienced the lofty heights of ineptitude of an Idaho driver, kindly shut the hell up. And yes, i'm gate-keeping a little. I've done a fair amount of driving around the states, and people from Idaho take the cake. If you see some dipshit holding up traffic for miles, there's a good chance that the driver is from Idaho.

Not to mention, Idaho's state colors are literally: red, white, and boring. I'd go so far as to say that Idaho is the most boring state in the U.S. Though, I have to admit that I've never been to New Hampshire, where the most interesting thing that state has/had going for it is the formation of a cliff that kind of looked like the face of an old man when viewed from a certain angle. New Hampshire is so boring that they literally put this arbitrary geological formation on their state coin. The "face" finally collapsed in 2003, causing many to be so distressed that they literally cried.

Imagine that. Crying because a rock crumbled. SMDH.

Also, 'Abducted in Plain Sight' happened in Idaho and that's the most fucked up story I've ever heard.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Iowa isn't good at anything. If we can't delete Iowa as a state, the least we could do would be deleting this thread.

Bullshit.... that state uses more meth than the other 49 combined.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also, 'Abducted in Plain Sight' happened in Idaho and that's the most fucked up story I've ever heard.

If you still aren't convinced that Idaho is the dullest place on earth, here's a list of things to do in Idaho (these come directly from visitidaho.org):

Visit the 45th parallel: "Just 2.5 miles north of New Meadows on U.S. 95 lies the imaginary line of the 45th Parallel. This sign-posted line marks the spot half-way between the Equator and the North Pole and is a popular photo-stop. A small rest stop offers visitors information about the area." Oooh! The 45th parallel, sounds like seconds of fun. I'd better bring extra film in case one of the rolls don't develop, because otherwise my friends will never believe that I've actually been to the 45th parallel! Pass.

Moscow Area Agricultural Loop Tour: "Idaho is not only number one in potato growing but produces the most lentils, too. Latah County is referred to as the Dry Pea and Lentil Capital of the World, where peas and beans are grown in the Palouse hills surrounding Moscow. The area is also filled with winter wheat fields. The Moscow Chamber of Commerce provides a detailed visitor's guide for your own driving tour of this productive and picturesque farmland." HOLY SHIT, IDAHO IS THE DRY PEA AND LENTIL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD? Why didn't anyone tell me??? Here I've been shit-listing Idaho for all these years... I hereby revoke anything bad I've ever said about Idaho. And by revoke, I mean reaffirm.

Boise Towne Square Mall: "Idaho's largest mall offers anchor stores Macy's, Dillard's, Mervyns, J. C. Penney, Sears and numerous other shops and restaurants. Other stores located nearby include Toys R Us, Target, Best Buy, Linens n' Things and more. The neighborhood has grown into the largest shopping area in Idaho." Visit such exotic locations as J.C. Penney, Mervyns, Best Buy, and Sears, all for free? Get out. It's almost like the Idaho board of tourism doesn't want tourists. Idaho is the only state where not telling people what there is to see will actually get more people to visit.

According to the 2017 Census report, Idaho's population is 1,657,375. Just for comparison, there are 1,970,000 cows in Idaho. New rule: if your state has more cows than people, you don't get to be a state anymore.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you still aren't convinced that Idaho is the dullest place on earth, here's a list of things to do in Idaho (these come directly from visitidaho.org):

Visit the 45th parallel: "Just 2.5 miles north of New Meadows on U.S. 95 lies the imaginary line of the 45th Parallel. This sign-posted line marks the spot half-way between the Equator and the North Pole and is a popular photo-stop. A small rest stop offers visitors information about the area." Oooh! The 45th parallel, sounds like seconds of fun. I'd better bring extra film in case one of the rolls don't develop, because otherwise my friends will never believe that I've actually been to the 45th parallel! Pass.

Moscow Area Agricultural Loop Tour: "Idaho is not only number one in potato growing but produces the most lentils, too. Latah County is referred to as the Dry Pea and Lentil Capital of the World, where peas and beans are grown in the Palouse hills surrounding Moscow. The area is also filled with winter wheat fields. The Moscow Chamber of Commerce provides a detailed visitor's guide for your own driving tour of this productive and picturesque farmland." HOLY SHIT, IDAHO IS THE DRY PEA AND LENTIL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD? Why didn't anyone tell me??? Here I've been shit-listing Idaho for all these years... I hereby revoke anything bad I've ever said about Idaho. And by revoke, I mean reaffirm.

Boise Towne Square Mall: "Idaho's largest mall offers anchor stores Macy's, Dillard's, Mervyns, J. C. Penney, Sears and numerous other shops and restaurants. Other stores located nearby include Toys R Us, Target, Best Buy, Linens n' Things and more. The neighborhood has grown into the largest shopping area in Idaho." Visit such exotic locations as J.C. Penney, Mervyns, Best Buy, and Sears, all for free? Get out. It's almost like the Idaho board of tourism doesn't want tourists. Idaho is the only state where not telling people what there is to see will actually get more people to visit.

According to the 2017 Census report, Idaho's population is 1,657,375. Just for comparison, there are 1,970,000 cows in Idaho. New rule: if your state has more cows than people, you don't get to be a state anymore.

They have a cool college stadium with blue "smurf turf" tho.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

From the pictures I've seen Idaho looks amazing. You must not like the outdoors?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He only likes the kind of outdoors where you sit on your ass on a beach while poisoning your skin with the sun. Sounds terrible!

Not that I don't like beaches.... I do.... but I'll take mountains any day of the week.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Visit the 45th parallel: "Just 2.5 miles north of New Meadows on U.S. 95 lies the imaginary line of the 45th Parallel.

That is so ingenious...you are 'sightseeing' something that is non-existent. I can't wait to take a boat cruise to see the international date line.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the pictures I've seen Idaho looks amazing. You must not like the outdoors?
Meh.

Idaho seems pretty until you run into her sister Wyoming...then you are right back to only associating Idaho with potatoes.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Meh.

Idaho seems pretty until you run into her sister Wyoming...then you are right back to only associating Idaho with potatoes.

Pretty dang hard to beat Yellowstone and The Tetons. Most states don't compare to Wyoming.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Pretty dang hard to beat Yellowstone and The Tetons. Most states don't compare to Wyoming.

This. Idaho is beautiful and yeah Vu is right: like any other state, Idaho is zero compared to Wyoming ... but UNLIKE every other state far closer to Wyoming making Idaho a great state to live for outdoor types like myself.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. Idaho is beautiful and yeah Vu is right: like any other state, Idaho is zero compared to Wyoming ... but UNLIKE every other state far closer to Wyoming making Idaho a great state to live for outdoor types like myself.
Montana is unbelievable as well. Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho are unreal.