OT: Jayden Daniels is the diva people thought Caleb Williams was

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kinda funny. Where was this same energy for Burrow? Elite wrs, a transfer and one year of production...Your Daniels Fields comp was and is extremely lazy. One of these things is not like the other.

When Daniels starts throwing dots right of the rip under Kingsbury people with takes like this will have their head in the sand.
Joe Burrow had the most prolific passing season in the history of college football in a pro style offense with a QB coach who was under Sean Payton. That's why Burrow didn't face the same scrutiny.

Daniels started all 5 years and did nothing for 4 of them. He won the Heisman with his legs in the worst SEC in years.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Put a bunch of alphas in a room and see how they interact/react. Seems Daniels failed. I don’t hate it. I see the strategy behind Redskins logic. And I’ve seen the same thing in the corporate world. He got raddled, not a great look

mbison

Liked Posts:

This is a baaad take! The way we criticize these kids every move now a days is embarrassing

And for the record I would be pisses too if I had my 30 with 4 other QBs. Imagine going to a job interview and having 4 other people in the room with me. Especially if I know my value I would bring. I’d walk out and go to a competitor immediately. That’s is not how you treat top prospects

Reactions: Myk

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
It's nice for once not to have to talk ourselves into one of these other QB:s. I'm not sure I like any of them after Williams. One might hit, and my money is on Mccarthey, but I could see all three of the others busting.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If it’s true that his agent posted on social media that is a very poor move. What do you stand to gain by doing that? If the agent has an issue with one of the teams, why take it to social media?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had Johnny Wilson and Rickey Pearsall at ASU I'm sure you know who they are...
Doooont. Caaare. Program was run by rotten people and is about to be put on probation if not already.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

20!
It might have been more since players in their area do no count as part of the Top 30 total.

As an example, players from Illinois, Northwestern and Notre Dame(?) do not count as Top 30 visits.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Joe Burrow had the most prolific passing season in the history of college football in a pro style offense with a QB coach who was under Sean Payton. That's why Burrow didn't face the same scrutiny.

Daniels started all 5 years and did nothing for 4 of them. He won the Heisman with his legs in the worst SEC in years.
Lol wat? Daniels also had one of the most prolific passing seasons in college football history. 40 passing TDS to 4 ints. Nearly 4000 yards passing, over 70% competition percentage and first in QBR in the country. He wins the Heisman last year with those numbers alone. Excluding his rushing numbers. Stop the stupid.

Are those numbers inflated because of who he was throwing to? You bet, just like Burrow. But it also highlighted his fundamentals as a passer. His base, his platform, his release and his ball placement are all top notch. He's evolved.

Last edited:

napo55

Liked Posts:
What do you think the homers would be saying about Williams and Daniels if the Bears had the second pick instead of the first and were planning on drafting Daniels?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a baaad take! The way we criticize these kids every move now a days is embarrassing

And for the record I would be pisses too if I had my 30 with 4 other QBs. Imagine going to a job interview and having 4 other people in the room with me. Especially if I know my value I would bring. I’d walk out and go to a competitor immediately. That’s is not how you treat top prospects

Drake Maye had long been considered #2 in this class before JDs one great season (projected 3rd rounder before that)

He or his team didn't raise an issue about it

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol wat? Daniels also had one of the most prolific passing seasons in college football history. 40 passing TDS to 4 ints. Nearly 4000 yards passing, over 70% competition percentage and first in QBR in the country. He wins the Heisman last year with those numbers alone. Excluding his rushing numbers. Stop the stupid.

Are those numbers inflated because of who he was throwing to? You bet, just like Burrow. But it also highlighted his fundamentals as a passer. His base, his platform, his release and his ball placement are all top notch. He's evolved.
Lol you're going to compare Burrow's college season of 5671 and 60 to Daniels Top-50 season? FFS Justin Fields threw for 41 and Bo Nix had 45-3 this year. Go take your wrong headed BS somewhere or try using Google.

Daniels had a Top 50 season all time, Burrow threw 60 which is second all time to a kid from Western Kentucky which was a record set two years after Burrow left. Burrow threw 60-6.... I'll type that again, 60-6.

Daniels didn't even have the most TDs in the country last year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just for the record, if I am an NFL GM, I am not basing my draft decision on whether the QBs TD total ranks 2nd, 12th or 22nd all time.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Lol you're going to compare Burrow's college season of 5671 and 60 to Daniels Top-50 season? FFS Justin Fields threw for 41 and Bo Nix had 45-3 this year. Go take your wrong headed BS somewhere or try using Google.

Daniels had a Top 50 season all time, Burrow threw 60 which is second all time to a kid from Western Kentucky which was a record set two years after Burrow left. Burrow threw 60-6.... I'll type that again, 60-6.

Daniels didn't even have the most TDs in the country last year.

Yeah, I don't get any sort of comparison of Burrow to Daniels. Burrow's last year at LSU he had 4% better completion percentage, about 1900 more yards passing, and 20 more TD's. Plus a national title and that LSU team with Burrow leading the charge that destroyed the competition. It's not even close. I think people are forgetting just how special that season truly was for Burrow and LSU.

Burrow needs to figure out how to stay healthy at the NFL level, but his swagger and talent took the Bengals to the Superbowl in his 2nd year in the NFL too and damn near won it. And they backed it up by getting to the AFC championship game the next year. Burrow is the real deal, but again needs to figure out how to stay healthy.

I just really do not see anything like that with Jayden Daniels.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Robert Schmitz had a very in-depth look at his stats and scrambling at LSU. It did not paint him in a good light.
Daniels sack rate is insanely high. Is Schmitz the one that does that? Might have heard him on a podcast. I still like Daniels raw talent tho.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
What do you think the homers would be saying about Williams and Daniels if the Bears had the second pick instead of the first and were planning on drafting Daniels?
We’d be saying fuck no! Keep Fields and get a haul. Trade Fields for one of those bums? Get the fuck out of here. Prince CeeDubz, okay. Drake the human shotput Maye? No.

Bust

Liked Posts:
JAYDEN WHO?

"Love L.A., L.A. was great," Williams said. "Now that I want to play in one place for 20 years, and chase one guy, No. 12. I want a place that loves ball. That's all I've heard about Chicago so far, which is exciting for me ..."

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
JAYDEN WHO?

"Love L.A., L.A. was great," Williams said. "Now that I want to play in one place for 20 years, and chase one guy, No. 12. I want a place that loves ball. That's all I've heard about Chicago so far, which is exciting for me ..."
1713808840248.gif

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
The one thing about Daniels that scares me is the fact he improved and will continue on that trend, the way Stroud did.

You could see Stroud making these huge strides in his last year and he continued to make them in his rookie season.

Other than our rookies, I will be so interested to see how he plays next year.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's been an interesting couple of days on that front.

In Jayden Daniels' defense though, that was a really weird thing that Washington did. I don't think any of those QB's should be happy with how that was handled. I saw speculation on PFT that it was likely driven by the schedule of Josh Harris, the new WSH owner, and signals that he will be heavily involved in making key roster decisions.

When you combine that with some of the recent stuff with Kraft, it's strange to think that the Bears are coming off looking like the sane organization.
Bears are looking good and smart, been awhile and nice to see.