CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You are right, I am wrong. There is a third option and that's a complete lack of knowledge. I'll let you decide where you fall.
I don't have a lack of knowledge on the subject. I know the numbers it traditionally takes to get into the HoF at the different positions. I'm not stuck in tradition of moving a player to a particular defensive position because he has or doesn't have power. If you'd like to get into a personal attack war, let me know. You may want to rethink your signature while you're at it.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If position doesn't matter why do 1B on average out hit SS every year? Does that mean that more 1B are elite players than SS?
What it tells me is that if Bryant was a college SS, someone like you would be in the FO of the big club and have him moved somewhere else.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yeah. You wouldn't want to learn anything.

I'm going to say it. Don't hold me back.

*deep breath*

Dabs has forgotten more about baseball at his age than you will ever know.

There I said it. I feel good about it too.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm going to say it. Don't hold me back.

*deep breath*

Dabs has forgotten more about baseball at his age than you will ever know.

There I said it. I feel good about it too.
I don't have an issue with Dabs. I understand where he's coming from. Where he and I would disagree is that I think Jeter is a first ballot HoFer. Grace is not an HoFer. The issue seems to be your posts and how much of a tool you come across as being. Don't ride on another poster's coattails.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Still awaiting meaningful content from Parade. I want to see tomorrow so I will continue to breathe

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What it tells me is that if Bryant was a college SS, someone like you would be in the FO of the big club and have him moved somewhere else.

Hardly I want guys to play the most difficult defensive position they can handle because it makes them more valuable. However, it means that if I have a guy that can play every infield spot and a guy that can only handle first base. The guy that can only play 1B is going to have to hit a lot more to be as valuable as the guy that can play all over the place.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't have an issue with Dabs. I understand where he's coming from. Where he and I would disagree is that I think Jeter is a first ballot HoFer. Grace is not an HoFer. The issue seems to be your posts and how much of a tool you come across as being. Don't ride on another poster's coattails.

Well let me clarify. I think Jeter is a no doubt Hall of Famer, and I personally don't care about first ballot or not. I just said Hall of Famer voters can get funny about first ballot and I am not sure that he will meet their qualificatons for that. Grace is at best borderline for the Hall.