OT- Josh Gordon failed another drug test

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Well that's not how life works, so wake the fuck up.

Actually it is. I already gave you the PWC example which nobody disputes. And that is real life, moreso than some NFL that is drunk on power after getting embarrassed by Rice.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing that all the people that think its okay for the NFL to punish their players for consuming alcohol probably wouldn't be okay if their bosses suddenly gave them a random breathalizer test in the morning and then fired them for having any liquor in their system. Double standard.

The amount of money that Gordon makes is irrelevant to the principle here. I'm sure some accountants at PWC make millions and they still aren't tested for alcohol.

umyb.gif

So much stupid

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing that all the people that think its okay for the NFL to punish their players for consuming alcohol probably wouldn't be okay if their bosses suddenly gave them a random breathalizer test in the morning and then fired them for having any liquor in their system. Double standard.

The amount of money that Gordon makes is irrelevant to the principle here. I'm sure some accountants at PWC make millions and they still aren't tested for alcohol.

Grow up. This is the NFL where tens of millions of dollars are changing hands between owners and players (not to mention media contracts and endorsements).

In all but 4 states in the US, recreational marijuana use is illegal. Driving an automobile while under the influence is illegal. Drinking is not illegal.

If you break the law, you face consequences. That's the way it works in the real world. If you get busted for DUI, you face consequences. If you get tested for illegal substances (marijuana in this instance), you face consequences.

The NFL is a unique business. It can't be compared to your random irrelevant job. The 'employees' of NFL teams have a very short shelf life and are worth hundreds of millions of dollars to themselves, the teams, the league, the networks, the sponsors, et al. The NFL has a financially vested interested in maximizing the value of that investment. As far as the tests go, they are largely for testing for banned substances by way of performance enhancing drugs - i.e., CHEATING - shit that does very bad things to people's bodies. Just so happens that people are being clipped for recreational drugs as a result. I don't see the NFL suspending guys because they have some Don Julio in their bloodstream.

A better case in point - many professional contracts prevent players from engaging in certain activities that can cause injury. Jay Wiliams from the Bulls comes to mind with his motorcycle accident. I race cars for recreation and I've met quite a few ex-athletes at various track events over the years. MANY guys get into racing after their football careers - a) for the adrenaline rush and competitiveness and b) because they COULDN'T do it during their careers (Payton comes to mind). I think he moved, but we used to see Marcus Robinson at track events all the time.

Your comparison is just silly. Do PWC accountants have a 4-8 year shelf life for their careers? Can they cheat by using banned performance enhancing substances? Can a motorcycle or jet ski injury end their careers?

Apples and oranges.

Back to Josh Gordon - a complete and utter moron. He knows the rules and he continues to break them. Put down the bong dude. Play another 10 years. Make $100M. Retire at age 32 and rip all the bongs you want for the rest of your life as you count your money.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Actually it is. I already gave you the PWC example which nobody disputes. And that is real life, moreso than some NFL that is drunk on power after getting embarrassed by Rice.

I disputed it and that example is not an apt comparison.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
What?!? The guy has been suspended twice now for using illegal substances. He entered the NFLs substance abuse program, which prohibits consuming alcohol, and then proceeds to test positive for alcohol use. It's not a double standard nor is your analogy correct.

Here's a better analogy:

Youre a truck driver for a living and get a dui in your personal time. The court reduces the charges as long as you enter treatment and your employers knowing how good you are at your job allow you to keep it as long as you do random tests for illegal substance and alcohol use. After going on an all night binger after your nephews barmixtzfah (shit got crazy), later that week your employer asks you to take a urine test and you fail. Now you're suspended/fired from your job.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Bingo.

Let's make it really easy and just put it this way:

'Josh Gordon - grow the fuck up. Put down the one hitter for the next 8 years. That's it. 8 years. Keep clean, make $100M. Retire'

After that, he can rip bongs all day long, play Xbox and count his money. Until then, grow up.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
And they can test for those. Alcohol isn't illegal. If JG's parole officer wants to test him, fine. Employers need to stay the fuck out of someone's private life.

Translation: 'My name is JimJohnson and I've been fired before for drinking on the third shift'

In the meantime, us grown ups will be over here living in the real world, mmkay?

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Bingo.

Let's make it really easy and just put it this way:

'Josh Gordon - grow the fuck up. Put down the one hitter for the next 8 years. That's it. 8 years. Keep clean, make $100M. Retire'

After that, he can rip bongs all day long, play Xbox and count his money. Until then, grow up.

Except he his short sighted and he is already a millionaire. He can't control hiimself enough to think of the future. That loser will still have more money than most of us will ever see. He is a dumbass for sure and blew a lot. It's his life though and still better than 98% of the worlds. But still, what a dumb fuck.

cozzy1

Liked Posts:
You want the paycheck, you follow the rules, whether they're stupid or not ...

Yup, this! Gordon is a moron, he knows the rules and he is just stupid enough to ignore them. He'll get what he deserves.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Except he his short sighted and he is already a millionaire. He can't control hiimself enough to think of the future. That loser will still have more money than most of us will ever see. He is a dumbass for sure and blew a lot. It's his life though and still better than 98% of the worlds. But still, what a dumb fuck.

And a fool and his money are often parted.

We always hear the stories of 80% of ex-athletes being broke. A serial pot head who can't keep his shit together? He's got 'broke as a joke' written all over him.

It costs a lot of money to roll big in Cleveland, yo. :)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why are people still referring to putting down the bong? Josh Gordon was busted for alcohol not weed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...one-year-suspension-failing-another-drug-test

Gordon tested positive for alcohol, a source said, confirming a report by Pro Football Talk. The failed test is the latest in a long line of setbacks for Gordon, whose future in Cleveland and the NFL now will be in question.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yup, this! Gordon is a moron, he knows the rules and he is just stupid enough to ignore them. He'll get what he deserves.

Is he ignoring them or is he an addict? I don't think there is a dollar threshold where if you are an addict but you make over 1 million, your addiction suddenly says to you, "Well I was going to make you buy that Bud Light but since you are rich, let's refrain."

I mean I guess on some level, anyone that ever got addicted to something is stupid but this idea that the amount of money he has or stands to lose is somehow relevant for whether he can refrain from his addictions or not is just odd. That's really not how addiction works.

Also, another layer of hypocrisy. Taking millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars from various Beer and alcohol companies but then banning a guy for drinking some of that alcohol.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Why are people still referring to putting down the bong? Josh Gordon was busted for alcohol not weed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...one-year-suspension-failing-another-drug-test

Gordon tested positive for alcohol, a source said, confirming a report by Pro Football Talk. The failed test is the latest in a long line of setbacks for Gordon, whose future in Cleveland and the NFL now will be in question.

Because he's failed drug tests due to weed before this.

Just layoff the drugs and liquor till your career is over. It's not going to last anymore than 10 years tops.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

I know Remy. People are going full potato here.

I love how all irrelevant people in the world are trying to tell Josh Gordon what to do. Too funny!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because he's failed drug tests due to weed before this.

Just layoff the drugs and liquor till your career is over. It's not going to last anymore than 10 years tops.

That's like telling a normal drug addict or someone that is an alcoholic, "Just lay off the booze and drugs until your kids are out of the house or until you retire." Again, if he has an addiction, it's not something that can be rationalized by simply refraining from it until one's career is over.

And it's still odd to refer to weed because he wasn't busted for weed so he apparently has been laying off of the weed enough to pass a drug test.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
That's like telling a normal drug addict or someone that is an alcoholic, "Just lay off the booze and drugs until your kids are out of the house or until you retire." Again, if he has an addiction, it's not something that can be rationalized by simply refraining from it until one's career is over.

And it's still odd to refer to weed because he wasn't busted for weed so he apparently has been laying off of the weed enough to pass a drug test.

His season long suspension was due to a failed drug test. He failed due to marijuanna metabolites being in his urine. People typically remember the worst offense (or in this case punishment) which is why weed keeps getting brought up.

I understand addiction is a very rough thing to go through, never said it wasn't. My point is, if he wants to keep making $$$ and playing in the NFL he has to follow their rules. Maybe he's not ready to admit he has a substance abuse problem and an addictive personality, but if he wants to play in the NFL he's going to have to find the help and follow through with it if he wants to ever play again. What's sad is is sounds like he sought treatment, but still can't say no.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His season long suspension was due to a failed drug test. He failed due to marijuanna metabolites being in his urine. People typically remember the worst offense (or in this case punishment) which is why weed keeps getting brought up.

I understand addiction is a very rough thing to go through, never said it wasn't. My point is, if he wants to keep making $$$ and playing in the NFL he has to follow their rules. Maybe he's not ready to admit he has a substance abuse problem and an addictive personality, but if he wants to play in the NFL he's going to have to find the help and follow through with it if he wants to ever play again. What's sad is is sounds like he sought treatment, but still can't say no.

Yes I know people keep bringing it up because that is the worst offense. However, in a thread discussing his recent suspension for alcohol, is it too much to ask people to actually read what he is supposedly going to be suspended for? It sounds pretty dumb to bash a guy for not stopping his weed habit when in fact it appears he has stopped his weed habit since I presume they tested him for both weed and alcohol and only found alcohol.

And yes of course, if he wants to play he has to follow the rules. My comment is not suggesting he shouldn't follow the rules. My comment is about the people that keep saying he is an idiot because he should just wait until his career is over to do drugs or alcohol as if an addict can just refrain from being an addict whenever they want. If they could then they wouldn't fucking be an addict.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Yes I know people keep bringing it up because that is the worst offense. However, in a thread discussing his recent suspension for alcohol, is it too much to ask people to actually read what he is supposedly going to be suspended for? It sounds pretty dumb to bash a guy for not stopping his weed habit when in fact it appears he has stopped his weed habit since I presume they tested him for both weed and alcohol and only found alcohol.

And yes of course, if he wants to play he has to follow the rules. My comment is not suggesting he shouldn't follow the rules. My comment is about the people that keep saying he is an idiot because he should just wait until his career is over to do drugs or alcohol as if an addict can just refrain from being an addict whenever they want. If they could then they wouldn't fucking be an addict.

You're getting way too carried away with people talking about his past weed use. People are more than less discussing his past substance abuse with why he's at where he is now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope there were clearly some people who responded as if his latest failed test was weed related because they apparently didn't bother to read the article.