OT: JR Rider bahahahahaha

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
J.R. Rider hasn't been on an NBA floor since the 2001-02 season, but he is hoping to make a comeback this season.

Rider is in talks to join the Texas Fresh of the American Basketball Association and the Nets have reportedly offered the former UNLV star a spot on its training camp roster. The Nets, however, are not expecting a roster spot to become available to Rider.

Thugs like this make me laugh.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Hopefully he comes back and becomes the GOAT. I have an autographed rookie card of his that I could sell for a lot of money if that were to happen.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Hopefully he comes back and becomes the GOAT. I have an autographed rookie card of his that I could sell for a lot of money if that were to happen.

I will gurantee you that you wont be able to get more than two bucks for it.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Rider is 38 years old hahahahah :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rider: "If MJ could do it, so can I!"
he didn't actually say that...but that's probably what's going through his mind
*facepalm*

Just save yourself the humiliation and give up now.

Liked Posts:
J.R. Rider will eternally be one of those guys so immensely blessed with talent but that you just shake your head and think "What a waste." This guy had SO much talent...could have been a star for years...could have scored 16,000 points in his sleep (based on the talent) but his character didn't match it. Too crazy...too many problems...its sad.

I remember when he was a rookie the ball was going out of bounds and he threw it over his shoulders from like 30 feet and it went in nothing but net. The odds of making that shot were one in a million and the announcer went nuts saying "Shot of the century! Shot of the century!" That's the kind of player he was.

Then he starts yelling at reporters...holding out...getting busted for drugs...getting suspended...causing problems in the locker room...then the next thing you know he's going from team to team to team to team like he was Jimmy Jackson or Chris Gatling.

Last i heard of him he was playing in The Phillippines...and again, its sad but a person is responsible for their own actions.

I would hope to think he's a new and different man ready to accept responsibility and to be professional at last but its WAY too late.

It's sad.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Interestingly, I just finished a book by Lenny Wilkens that had a few pages on J.R. Rider in it. It was Wilkens is not a fan.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Interestingly, I just finished a book by Lenny Wilkens that had a few pages on J.R. Rider in it. It was Wilkens is not a fan.

I cant believe my eyes, its Doug. Hey atleast Rider won a ring unlike two HOF going into the hall tomorrow LMAO.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I cant believe my eyes, its Doug. Hey atleast Rider won a ring unlike two HOF going into the hall tomorrow LMAO.

Its nothing like getting a coattail ring,
Its a long list of those guys:
Dickie Simpkins
Corey Williams
Jack Haley
Mike Penberthy(if anybody remembers him)
Slava Medvidenko
Mitch Richmond (he desreved a ring for the work he put in)
Samaki Walker

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

Dickie Simpkins
Corey Williams
Jack Haley
Slava Medvidenko
Samaki Walker

Mitch was given the championship ball by Shaq and Kobe. I love Mitch and miss him.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
jsain360 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

Dickie Simpkins
Corey Williams
Jack Haley
Slava Medvidenko
Samaki Walker

Mitch was given the championship ball by Shaq and Kobe. I love Mitch and miss him.

During his career he was always one of the top 5 SG's in the league