OT: Kobe Just Elbowed Battier In the Head

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
They got tangled up going for a loose ball, and then on his way back up, Kobe clearly threw an elbow at Battier's head.

If the NBA has any type of consistency, they will suspend Bryant.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Vujacic just did a Rajon Rondo style hit at Battier's face. He tipped the ball when going for the rebound, and then just went through at Battier's face. His intent was clear. Now Battier has blood all over his face.

Lakers haven't been called for a flagrant or technical on either of these plays.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Its already inconsistent.

Haslem grabbed Pachulia from behind, and they issued a flagrant 2 ejection. It probably wasn't even a flagrant 1.

They fined Kenyon Martin 25k for the elbow to Nowitzki.

But nothing for Rondo.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Shane Battier had to get 40 stitches.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Vujacic just did a Rajon Rondo style hit at Battier's face. He tipped the ball when going for the rebound, and then just went through at Battier's face. His intent was clear. Now Battier has blood all over his face.

Lakers haven't been called for a flagrant or technical on either of these plays.
his intent was clear...and it was to tip the ball back for an offensive rebound...battier's head happen to be there on the follow through

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Rockets just stole game one on the road. They just played their pace and the Lakers had no idea what to do.

Kobe jacked up 31 shots tonight. He actually shot 45% on them, but still was inefficient, because he only made one three and missed three free throws.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

Are you sure? NBA.com says 4, not 40.

And the hit didn't look intentional to me, he just clipped him on the follow through. His eyes were on the ball the entire time. Battier's face being covered in blood just makes it look more dramatic.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Are you sure? NBA.com says 4, not 40.

And the hit didn't look intentional to me, he just clipped him on the follow through. His eyes were on the ball the entire time. Battier's face being covered in blood just makes it look more dramatic.

The TNT announcers said 40. They must have gotten a sheet of paper with an accidental 0 then.

reignman

Liked Posts:
So who did elbow Battier? Kobe or Sasha? Or both?

Riker

Liked Posts:
Nobody.

Battier simulated blood from Vujacic's blow...and he deliberately bumped his head to Kobe's knee and elbow
xelpxl.gif

14v1d38.gif

Liked Posts:
I once became very upset whenever a cheapshot appeared to be issued with little or no penalty but ever since I have come to realize that when you come to the playoffs, it's an entirely different game.

Like the rest of you I saw the Kobe play as well as the Sasha play, as well as the Rondo play (the first one)and I don't have a bone to pick about one of them - clean plays...nothing even close to warranting an ejection or fine.

This is the playoffs - you've got to let the game be a little physical.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Ok the NBA is terrible with these fines and suspensions: The point I wanna make is that the officials are supposed to

1: protect the players from harm (Rondo shouldv'e been ejected, when someone is in the air you are unprotected and he just went for his face, he was out of control, they have to flagrant that for safety reasons)

2: The refs have to keep violence from excalating and in the playoffs stress and emotions are at a high. Kobay doing that to Battier was pure frustration over him being absolutely dominated by Battier, what a baby. They have to give him a flagrant, and he should be suspended, he was over the top didn't let him up, kneed him and elbowed him. If that were Ron Artest, Kobay would be in the hospital.

The refs are letting these series get out of hand and others can't even touch each other (Pachulia) If Howard got suspended so should Kobay.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
so far haven't seen anything about him being suspended so I know it won't happen. If Howard didn't play in podunk Orlando he wouldn't have been suspended either. Stern it is obvious that you protect the ratings and the larger market players, why can't he go out of his way to stomp out conspiracy theories, instead he makes it easy for us to believe there could be a conspiracy.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
And if you don't think Lebron sees that? He will be in New York no question about it.