OT: Kraft stabbed Belichik in the back!

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
If this is true, Kraft is really the one not to be trusted. You had arguably one of the best coaches ever, giving you multiple Superbowls and you were just fine with him as long as he was winning. Trust? Well that didn't matter to Kraft at the time did it?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If this is true, Kraft is really the one not to be trusted. You had arguably one of the best coaches ever, giving you multiple Superbowls and you were just fine with him as long as he was winning. Trust? Well that didn't matter to Kraft at the time did it?

Trust to Kraft is finding a sex trafficked masseuse to give him a handy for $50.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Without further information, to which we will never be privy, it is hard to have an opinion.

If Kraft said something like, "You can never trust Belichick because he is a cheat and a liar", well, that would be really bad on Kraft.

However; if he said, "You cannot trust Belichick with personnel decisions because he is not a good GM while being one of the best, if the the best, head coach", that would be seen in a different light where most experts would agree with Kraft.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'd trust Belichik any day, but I wouldn't trust Robert Kraft for one second.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Without further information, to which we will never be privy, it is hard to have an opinion.

If Kraft said something like, "You can never trust Belichick because he is a cheat and a liar", well, that would be really bad on Kraft.

However; if he said, "You cannot trust Belichick with personnel decisions because he is not a good GM while being one of the best, if the the best, head coach", that would be seen in a different light where most experts would agree with Kraft.
Well if it was the second quote then he wouldn't have cost bill a head coaching job. It's pretty easy to decipher that kraft is a back stabbing scum bag

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well if it was the second quote then he wouldn't have cost bill a head coaching job. It's pretty easy to decipher that kraft is a back stabbing scum bag
It is possible but do you know as fact that Belichick did not ask for GM responsibilities too?

That may have been the real reason why Belichick is not a HC right now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When's the draft?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It is possible but do you know as fact that Belichick did not ask for GM responsibilities too?

That may have been the real reason why Belichick is not a HC right now.
I mean in something that came out yesterday (I assume the same article about kraft being a scum bag) it specifically said bill told blank he wanted the job and was fine with just HC responsibilities

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of either of those guys. But, Bill was notoriously difficult to work with, especially as he experienced more and more success. Bill was an inflexible curmudgeon who wanted more and more power as the years went by. He controlled the Pats draft the final third of his career and his last 6 or 7 drafts were absolutely abysmal.

If you're difficult to work with it's not surprising your boss is going to be upfront about that when speaking to other owners. At the same time, the optics are awful when you trash the guy who brought you 6 SB rings. The Pats were an irrelevant franchise before Bill turned them into a dynasty.

Each guy loses in this scenario.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of either of those guys. But, Bill was notoriously difficult to work with, especially as he experienced more and more success. Bill was an inflexible curmudgeon who wanted more and more power as the years went by. He controlled the Pats draft the final third of his career and his last 6 or 7 drafts were absolutely abysmal.

If you're difficult to work with it's not surprising your boss is going to be upfront about that when speaking to other owners. At the same time, the optics are awful when you trash the guy who brought you 6 SB rings. The Pats were an irrelevant franchise before Bill turned them into a dynasty.

Each guy loses in this scenario.
Well one of them is a billionaire, so he’s not exactly losing lol

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The other is a multimillionaire and so maybe neither is losing. It's hard to feel sorry for either of those guys.
I just want to know WTF happened to Butler to bench him for the SB. Not even his own teammates know.

Liked Posts:
Kraft can't trust a coach that he hired and kept on the payroll for 23 years.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I just want to know WTF happened to Butler to bench him for the SB. Not even his own teammates know.
Very strange indeed:

The Super Bowl loss to the Eagles was covered in Episode 9, with the Butler mystery at the center.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft provided the new insight.

“What has been told to me is that there was something personal going on between Bill and Malcolm that was not football-related,” Kraft said. “I always felt that every decision Bill had made had been to put what was in the best interests of the team first and put emotion aside. But with Malcolm, he did just the opposite.”

“I was very emotional, man,” Butler said. “I didn’t feel like I was being treated right because I didn’t find out until the game that I wasn’t going to play. People still ask me to this day: Why you didn’t play in the Super Bowl? I’m like, ‘I don’t know, man. Coach’s decision.’

“But the thing about it, I really don’t know. I really don’t. Just to, like, leave me watching my team suffer when I know I could help them, like not one rep? Not one rep.”

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I mean in something that came out yesterday (I assume the same article about kraft being a scum bag) it specifically said bill told blank he wanted the job and was fine with just HC responsibilities
That is information that I did not know. Thanks.