OT: LOLions

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears got to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row, I'd be pretty pleased about it. better that they WIN, but just getting there 4 years running is impressive.

20+ years ago??? Get real man, I live in Bills country and they are way the fuck over the 90's and tired of picking in the top 10 every year.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
The Lions have some extremely talented players, but a few head cases that are undisciplined. Just watching them perform on game days made it very clear to me that they are their own worst enemy. If those players just had more discipline the Lions would be dangerous. It's sad and pathetic that Pro's need more discipline though. Just do your job, STFU, and don't commit stupid penalties that shoot yourself in the face.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Lions have some extremely talented players, but a few head cases that are undisciplined. Just watching them perform on game days made it very clear to me that they are their own worst enemy. If those players just had more discipline the Lions would be dangerous. It's sad and pathetic that Pro's need more discipline though. Just do your job, STFU, and don't commit stupid penalties that shoot yourself in the face.

I agree, the way they lost some of those games was unreal and unacceptable IMO .... Well for Lions fan, but great for us Bears fans :)

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Lions aren't a coveted job because they're not that good as they're what their record was at 7-9. If they didn't win the North last year with Rodgers AND Cutler missing a great deal of the season...I'm not sure they ever will.

They have to elite qualities regarding their football team and those are: Calvin Johnson and their defensive line. Megatron is right up there between Jerry Rice and Randy Moss as an all-time great. I also believe their talent up front defensively is special...that type of line is capable of dominating great teams much like Coughlin's Super Bowl Giants teams.

As for the rest of the team...you can have them.

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
20+ years ago??? Get real man, I live in Bills country and they are way the fuck over the 90's and tired of picking in the top 10 every year.

Just saying, if my team got to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row, I wouldn't hate on them for losing. It's pretty impressive. And the Billls are STILL a better team than the Lions.

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
The Lions are a good young team that just needs "proper direction". I believe they have lots of talent, they have the best WR in the league and a top 3-5 Dline rotation. Those are pretty good building blocks and they are mostly young too.

Now if you guys want to laugh and giggle about how they suck, have at it. But it's not as if the Bears have been this pillar of playoff wins or whatever else, so ...

The Bears have had a few playoff wins since 1991, and they NEVER had an 0-16 season.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just saying, if my team got to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row, I wouldn't hate on them for losing. It's pretty impressive. And the Billls are STILL a better team than the Lions.

The Billlls fans aren't hating, they just want a better product. They have that right as fans.

As for the 4 losses, they appreciate a good run, but get was a long time ago. They are ready for another one.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? They are? Last I checked Stafford & the Lions have been to the post season just as many times as Cutler & the Bears. I didn't know one postseason appearance in seven seasons counted as being legit. What ever floats your boat I guess.

Cutler has actually won a playoff game. With a crappy oline and crappy WRs no less

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
The Bears have had a few playoff wins since 1991, and they NEVER had an 0-16 season.

Stop posting those darn facts. RTB will just keep dodging them and spin into a new subject

Liked Posts:
The Lions aren't a coveted job because they're not that good as they're what their record was at 7-9. If they didn't win the North last year with Rodgers AND Cutler missing a great deal of the season...I'm not sure they ever will.

They have to elite qualities regarding their football team and those are: Calvin Johnson and their defensive line. Megatron is right up there between Jerry Rice and Randy Moss as an all-time great. I also believe their talent up front defensively is special...that type of line is capable of dominating great teams much like Coughlin's Super Bowl Giants teams.

As for the rest of the team...you can have them.

They were the only team in the division to score more points than they gave up. The Bears didn't have a coach at this point in the off season last year. They didn't look like a bad team when they took our Bears behind the woodshed, twice. They were a poorly coached team that was undisciplined. The Lions will get a coach, & I hope to God it's not a good one. If Detroit does get a good coach they're going to be tough to beat.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess you gave up on Michael Lombardi already. Told you he has no idea what he is doing.

How that relates is beyond me.

Are you still saying that was a bad trade and that Lombardi doesn't know what he's doing? Plus you likely still don't even know his background.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because you can't say the Browns are pathetic without including its front office...

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop posting those darn facts. RTB will just keep dodging them and spin into a new subject

What happened in past seasons doesn't really bother me much. As of the last 3-4 years, the Lions are a much much better team.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because you can't say the Browns are pathetic without including its front office...

Dude, they've been terribly pathetic. I like Lombardi only because I've heard him talk lots, so I understand alot about where he comes from. That doesn't mean he's the best FO guy in the world. But I do respect his decision making when it comes to RB's.