OT : Lovie fired in Tampa

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here are some numbers for you.

The Bucs adjusted cap space with carry over going into FA in 2014 was :
-------------------------------------------Carry over--------Adjustments--------Adjusted cap
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-----$6,769,781.00 -----($433,000.00) ----- $139,336,781.00

Their cap number prior to cutting Revis was under $121,000,000.
They had $18 M going into free agency with Revis. You're just flat out lying.
Ignoring nothing. You are just making up excuses for Lovie. As for renegotiating, TB could have created cap space by changing base into bonus if they chose to ala Cutler with the Bears two seasons ago, but why would Revis take a pay cut, he has proven to be worth what they gave him as demonstrated by his current contract. Yes, the recouped one round of a draft pick but anything factual by you stops there. As for your previous assertions of Lovie adding depth and his great acumen with player acquisition , Lovie's 2014 free agent haul was an abortion:

Alterraun Verner:
Alterraun Verner alone costs $9 million against the cap this year, and the Bucs could have reduced Revis' cap hit by pushing some into the future, or they could have been a little more conservative in free agency.
No I don't put much stock into these subjective charting things, but safe to say if you are charted as one of the worst, you aren't good.
When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed Alterraun Verner last year, that looked like a very good deal. His contract was relatively cheap at just over $6 million per year while he was a perfect scheme fit for the Bucs' Tampa 2-based defense.
he managed just nine passes defensed and two interceptions over an up-and-down season.

And now, Football Outsiders charted him as one of the worst supporting cornerbacks in the NFL

Micheal Johnson:
One season $16M gone 4 sacks. And it's not like he was coming off a great year Lovie went after him after a 3.5 sack season

Anthony Collins:
$9M to almost unarguably the worst LT of 2014.

Josh McCown:
$4.75 M to a career backup that never reached a 75 passer rating in a season beyond a nice 5 game stretch with the Bears.

Now here are the numbers:
$28 M 2014 cap for those 4 awful acquisitions. $10M more flushed in dead money in 2015. maybe 8-24 is only part of the reason Lovie is gone.

Yawn...already posted and been talked about. "You're lying"..lol I posted article about cap...it's not my team...so you can call the guy writing it a liar

Here you go since you didn't bother looking twice

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/3/27/5553906/nfl-salary-cap-space-buccaneers-can-spend-5-million

Last edited:

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was only joking about Tomsula but lovie did gut that team and replace good players with bad ones. He was terrible there and you know it

I don't know if you call a guy terrible if he leaves with the arrow pointing up. He wasn't good but it's not like he left the team worse than he found it like Emery or Chip Kelly for example.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know if you call a guy terrible if he leaves with the arrow pointing up. He wasn't good but it's not like he left the team worse than he found it like Emery or Chip Kelly for example.

He left his defense worse.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He drafted all offense first year and first three rounds offense last season....2 win team has a ton of holes

He is a defensive coach, and he left his defense worse. Just stating a fact.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is a defensive coach, and he left his defense worse. Just stating a fact.

No doubt...but just saying if we have a ton of holes to fill and made the moves we did to fill them and still lost, yet somehow it looks "bright", then I don't understand how we kill someone taking over a two win team, hoping to fix offense a "guy that can't coach". It makes no sense. He isn't elite, he is decent and had a huge problem there that's all really

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No doubt...but just saying if we have a ton of holes to fill and made the moves we did to fill them and still lost, yet somehow it looks "bright", then I don't understand how we kill someone taking over a two win team, hoping to fix offense a "guy that can't coach". It makes no sense. He isn't elite, he is decent and had a huge problem there that's all really

I think letting a coach go after 2 seasons is nuts (except complete disasters like Trestman). However, because in the 2nd year they drafted what could potentially be a franchise QB, and Koetter did a very nice job, I think Tampa decided not to trust that valuable commodity to Lovie. Can't say I blame them, but still think the leashes on coaches are way too short these days.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He left his defense worse.

He left the TEAM better. He was the head ball coach and the new head ball coach is getting a better team than the one Lovie inherited. Is there any real dispute over that?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think letting a coach go after 2 seasons is nuts (except complete disasters like Trestman). However, because in the 2nd year they drafted what could potentially be a franchise QB, and Koetter did a very nice job, I think Tampa decided not to trust that valuable commodity to Lovie. Can't say I blame them, but still think the leashes on coaches are way too short these days.

NFL owners love paying dudes to not work.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He left the TEAM better. He was the head ball coach and the new head ball coach is getting a better team than the one Lovie inherited. Is there any real dispute over that?

Did I dispute that point? I simply offered that as a defensive caoch, he had troubles and conflicts, and ultimately left that side of the ball worse. The offensive improvement was due to new player influx and more than likely Koetter's handling of them. The offense improved, the defense regressed a bit. Won't be surprised at all if Koetter gets the gig.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm mostly with you, I'm not particularly interested in changing any minds here. I just enjoy poking holes in arguments. Most people around here have a hard time with sticking to facts and understanding that reasonable minds may differ.

You can tell from my posting habits I'm not one for a lot of hot takes and I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. Side effects of adulthood I guess.

This post sums up how full of shit you are.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I totally agree with what you said....you and pickles said it best.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He drafted all offense first year and first three rounds offense last season....2 win team has a ton of holes

It was a 4 win team against the toughest schedule in the league the year before he got there. It really was no better when he left. Whether it would have been with more time is open to debate but it went from sucky to sucky. Schiano only got 2 years as well, had a better overall record (11-21) after taking over a 4 win team and I don't remember anyone complaining about his dismissal.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahh, capologist Sander Philipse
Good enough.

Thanks for the LOL's

Glad to know that I can come to you for the cap....how dare he take in bonuses needed to be given, the draft and practice squad guys....damn that guy.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It was a 4 win team against the toughest schedule in the league the year before he got there. It really was no better when he left. Whether it would have been with more time is open to debate but it went from sucky to sucky. Schiano only got 2 years as well, had a better overall record (11-21) after taking over a 4 win team and I don't remember anyone complaining about his dismissal.

Well, Schaino had other problems during his tenure.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
bottom line Smith never had a Qb until TB. So who ever is the new HC....they will get a better team and a potential, franchise Qb. ( than in prior years)

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
bottom line Smith never had a Qb until TB. So who ever is the new HC....they will get a better team and a potential, franchise Qb. ( than in prior years)

Why do you keep saying this? You were a huge fan of Mccown and Lovie had him.