Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In today's NFL, teams with Defensive minded HS's that are looking for stud OCs to run that whole unit autonomously are at a huge disadvantage.

Now, with the dominance of the O, top OC's are in huge demand for HC positions. Its gonna be very hard to find established offensive minds to change teams without a promotion to HC.

Defensive HC's now will probably have to be a lot more creative in finding good OC's, which is why its not surprising to me that Lovie is getting a college coach.

But at the same time, its a bigger risk to bring these unknown guys in since the HC needs them to design and implement everything on that side of the ball.

As we saw with Lovie in Chicago, when you have a defensive HC, your team's post season lives and dies with the OC.

Pretty much this. You look at Chip Kelly and he had tremendous success at Oregon with his offense and had quite a few pieces in Philly to make his transition easier. Tedford was fired from Cal after a few mediocre seasons. Maybe Tedford will work out, maybe he won't, I hope Lovie does well in Tampa, but Tedford is an odd hire to me.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I love this thread, it's full of a bunch of fans who hate Lovie Smith who have no idea who Jeff Tedford or his history nor have they ever seen any of his teams play or any of the players he's coached. They're hating on Tedford despite not knowing what type of coach he is whatsoever. Oops there's my arrogance again.

Then there are the people who actually know who Tedford is.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love this thread, it's full of a bunch of fans who hate Lovie Smith who have no idea who Jeff Tedford or his history nor have they ever seen any of his teams play or any of the players he's coached. They're hating on Tedford despite not knowing what type of coach he is whatsoever. Oops there's my arrogance again.

Not hating on Lovie at all, moron, just saying its an odd choice for a 5th OC in 10 seasons to never have any experience in the NFL and to be let go from his previous job.

I hope it works out for Lovie, and I'll cheer for Tampa 15 games next year, but I'm not seeing Tedford as a guy I'd trust to run my offense.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not hating on Lovie at all, moron, just saying its an odd choice for a 5th OC in 10 seasons to never have any experience in the NFL and to be let go from his previous job.

I hope it works out for Lovie, and I'll cheer for Tampa 15 games next year, but I'm not seeing Tedford as a guy I'd trust to run my offense.

Yup to this. That was Lovies downfall in Chicago. I like Lovie, but his soft spot was picking O coordinators. It might still be his problem.

I hope I'm wrong.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

That's rather arrogant.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup to this. That was Lovies downfall in Chicago. I like Lovie, but his soft spot was picking O coordinators. It might still be his problem.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope for Lovie's sake...we're wrong and that its proven to be a good hire. Also seems odd they give Tedford a 2 year contract. I'd have almost gone back to Martz, the Bucs have a decent/good OL, and Martz improved the team's offense everywhere he went.