OT: Lovie's New OC Jeff Tedford

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Bad analogy. Tedford to my knowledge has never been known as an offensive scheme innovater, a very good QB developer/coach yes, but not on Kelly's level when it comes to X's and O's.

Your knowledge is about as deep as the toilet I just took a dump in.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tedford has been one of the more highly regarded offensive minds in all of football the past 12 years.

He produced a hot bed of NFL talent for years from Cal in the likes of Rodgers, Lynch, Jackson, Mack, Schwartz, De La Puente, Best and Keenan Allen to name a few. I'd go into some of the defensive players that came from Tedford...but that would lead us to Chris Conte and I don't want to go there.

Cal was explosive offensively during the Tedford era and I wish Lovie would have brought a quality guy like Tedford in as his OC at some point rather than retreads or guys who had no business being there during his time in Chicago. Hell, Jerry Angelo approached Tedford before hiring Lovie, but was rebuffed by Tedford after Tedford stated he'd rather stay in college.

Article on Jerry Angelo's interest in Tedford:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._jeff-tedford-non-compete-clause-jerry-angelo

Last edited:

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he coached Aaron Rodgers! not to mention he coached some of the shittiest QBs to enter the NFL as well.

In all fairness to Tedford on this...it isn't exactly his bad those QBs didn't pan out in the NFL. It speaks more to the coaching/talent evaluation of Tedford that NFL teams kept taking his QBs really really high.

malcore

Your knowledge is about as deep as the toilet I just took a dump in.

So that's what I smell when you post.

I have this image now of you doing the Jerry Lewis typewriter bit while you shit. I don't want it though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bad analogy. Tedford to my knowledge has never been known as an offensive scheme innovater, a very good QB developer/coach yes, but not on Kelly's level when it comes to X's and O's.

I wasn't making an analogy. I was pointing out it is fucking stupid to assume that it is a problem. If the OP came with some factual information about all the coaches that have jumped to the NFL from college as an OC or DC and showed that they tend to fail then his post would have merit.

Instead, he just stated that Tedford has never coached and wanted meatballs to agree with him that it is an issue without any sort of analysis to support that assumption.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
It'll be Tedford's decision. If he doesn't like him they'll draft one.

I'd roll with Glennon, he was far from the biggest issue on that team. I thought for being inexperienced he did better than one would reasonably expect going in.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I hope people know that Tedford is considered a "qb whisperer". I believe we are familiar with that phrase...

BEARS

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Why couldn't Lovie make such an offense OC splash like this in Chicago? I smell many Supra-Bowls headed to Miami.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Why couldn't Lovie make such an offense OC splash like this in Chicago? I smell many Supra-Bowls headed to Miami.

Well, at the rate he hired OC's, he would have eventually gotten to all of them if he was here long enough

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I hope people know that Tedford is considered a "qb whisperer". I believe we are familiar with that phrase...

BEARS

He is, but his resume looks pretty bad.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Has anyone said anything on this thread that was not sarcastic?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

JJMPB

Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith is a risky hire and he has nfl experience

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In today's NFL, teams with Defensive minded HS's that are looking for stud OCs to run that whole unit autonomously are at a huge disadvantage.

Now, with the dominance of the O, top OC's are in huge demand for HC positions. Its gonna be very hard to find established offensive minds to change teams without a promotion to HC.

Defensive HC's now will probably have to be a lot more creative in finding good OC's, which is why its not surprising to me that Lovie is getting a college coach.

But at the same time, its a bigger risk to bring these unknown guys in since the HC needs them to design and implement everything on that side of the ball.

As we saw with Lovie in Chicago, when you have a defensive HC, your team's post season lives and dies with the OC.