OT: Lucic recieves one game suspension for hit on Rinaldo

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the hit:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnUjVHSZI_g]Milan Lucic "boards" Zac Rinaldo 12/17/11 - YouTube[/ame]

What do you think of the suspension?

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't think it was that bad of a hit, but that's just me.

SweetnessIsGod

Liked Posts:
It looked to me like it was more of a side hit. It was not really all that bad. Just Philly bitching. They are one of the dirtiest teams in the league but they also bitch alot about wanting more calls to go there way.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
1 game is ok...i think that was a good call.

it looked as though he was retaliating, so that is where the instigator rule goes into effect, but he didnt fight, he just boarded him

im ok wih the suspension

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he got what he deserved by getting a boarding call and a 10 minute misconduct. No need for suspension.

Shanahan didn't want to look like he was siding with the Bruins though. Stupid.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
Let's just say that if Lucic got suspended for THAT, then Borque better get suspended for his hit on Seabrook.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just say that if Lucic got suspended for THAT, then Borque better get suspended for his hit on Seabrook.

Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Lucic didn't even hit him "in the numbers" which is a common phrase. I can't wait to see the Shanahan video on Lucic's suspension. It'll be fun to see him explain why Lucic got suspended. I see no reason...

Dementia

Liked Posts:
This is clearly a case of Lucic getting what he deserves after getting away with murder after his hit on Ryan Miller. The hit itself isn't too bad, but there is no need for it when you're team is up 5-0.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is clearly a case of Lucic getting what he deserves after getting away with murder after his hit on Ryan Miller. The hit itself isn't too bad, but there is no need for it when you're team is up 5-0.

It wasn't dirty. It was just a good check. The problem is that he himself said that he caught Rinaldo in a vulnerable position. The reason I think he said that was because after the hit on Miller, he made it seem like he did nothing wrong and that was a lie. This time he tried to admit to it so it didn't seem like he was oblivious.

The problem I have with this is that Rinaldo said it wasn't a big deal and that it was shoulder to shoulder. How do you suspend when the player who got hit let it go?