OT: New Orleans Saints and Catholic Church cover up

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
New Orleans Saints allegedly helped provide damage control for the area’s Roman Catholic archdiocese over a sex scandal. Anybody else shocked 2 of the most corrupt organizations around got in bed together? Wonder what our resident Saints fan Mod has to say about this.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He may be more eloquent about it, but my hot take is that is probably the least corrupt story that has come out of Orleans Parish in decades.
Wonder what Drew Brees, a super religious man, thinks about all this.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder what Drew Brees, a super religious man, thinks about all this.

Is he Catholic too?

I know the family that owns the Saints are very devout Catholics, so this paper trail probably began with the best intentions of a church going person with lots of money just wanting to give back.

All the same...interweaving your billion dollar business with a religion that has been a PR nightmare for a couple decades now was just plain dumb.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Is he Catholic too?

I know the family that owns the Saints are very devout Catholics, so this paper trail probably began with the best intentions of a church going person with lots of money just wanting to give back.

All the same...interweaving your billion dollar business with a religion that has been a PR nightmare for a couple decades now was just plain dumb.
According to Wikipedia, no idea how accurate it is, he’s “Christian”. Either way there is no conceivable way this doesn’t bother him to some extent.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Wikipedia, no idea how accurate it is, he’s “Christian”. Either way there is no conceivable way this doesn’t bother him to some extent.

So he walks away from the Saints and Ryan Pace gets so hard that Brees signs a 5 year $200 million contract to play in Chicago...until his arm literally falls off three weeks in.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he Catholic too?

He isn’t catholic Tom Benson is dead and probably isn’t the worst thing he has done in life. He wasn’t a billionaire by being straight laced. He was a douche. Also, I am catholic who had a family priest who declined becoming an arch bishop over his hatred of the corruption at the top in New Orleans.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So he walks away from the Saints and Ryan Pace gets so hard that Brees signs a 5 year $200 million contract to play in Chicago...until his arm literally falls off three weeks in.
Sounds like a plan to me! You forgot the part where the Saints hold onto Teddy and he outduels Pat Mahomes for the SB next year though

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ever consider its not "christians" who use the Christian churches for these purposes?

Not to fan my paranoia's of the liars controlling this country or anything, but now you have a billionaire directly involved in the kiddie shit this church leadership has extensively engaged in across the world like its their job.

You hear of Satanists infiltrating Churches, and I've heard of the CIA training ministers...then these preachers will even get up there and tell you who to vote for.

I do smoke alot of weed guys, but these connections make me uncomfortable.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He isn’t catholic Tom Benson is dead and probably isn’t the worst thing he has done in life. He wasn’t a billionaire by being straight laced. He was a douche. Also, I am catholic who had a family priest who declined becoming an arch bishop over his hatred of the corruption at the top in New Orleans.
doesn't his daughter run the show now? Seems like a Benson family issue and not a Tom Benson issue

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ever consider its not "christians" who use the Christian churches for these purposes?

Not to fan my paranoia's of the liars controlling this country or anything, but now you have a billionaire directly involved in the kiddie sheet this church leadership has extensively engaged in across the world like its there job.

You here of Satanists infiltrating Churches, and I've heard of the CIA training ministers...then these preachers will even get up there and tell you who to vote for.

Churches in general these days are run more like businesses than houses of warship.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Not to fan my paranoia's of the liars controlling this country or anything, but now you have a billionaire directly involved in the kiddie sheet this church leadership has extensively engaged in across the world like its there job.

You here of Satanists infiltrating Churches, and I've heard of the CIA training ministers...then these preachers will even get up there and tell you who to vote for.

This is just foolish.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Churches in general these days are run more like businesses than houses of warship.

Ironically, this is exactly why Yeshua, the original Christian, turned over the money-changers tables.