OT: NHL Players Allowed to play in Olympics

Should NHL Players be allowed to play in the Olympics?

• Total voters

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
This. Anyone that thinks that it was a nice consolation for the Bruins to make it to the Finals and come up short is nuts. Silver medals in a team sport is like a participation ribbon in youth sports.

They have a Prince of Wales trophy.

Slovakia and Pittsburgh are the real first losers in these relevant topics.

Silver medal concept goes well back in sports concepts, to compare it as equal to participation trophies is an amusing over compensation.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. Anyone that thinks that it was a nice consolation for the Bruins to make it to the Finals and come up short is nuts. Silver medals in a team sport is like a participation ribbon in youth sports.

Glad you're not my coach. Although my quick tempered dad was my hockey coach, so..........

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Glad you're not my coach. Although my quick tempered dad was my hockey coach, so..........

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't translate as well in the typed word. Hang out around here long enough and you will note a lot of sarcasm in my posts.

That being said, I still believe that Team USA was not satisfied with a silver medal last time regardless of what they said publicly. They were there to win, not to come in second.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, sarcasm doesn't translate as well in the typed word. Hang out around here long enough and you will note a lot of sarcasm in my posts.

That being said, I still believe that Team USA was not satisfied with a silver medal last time regardless of what they said publicly. They were there to win, not to come in second.

Copy that.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i love watching the worlds best play for their country, but im not a fan of the possible injury. certain guys you worry about are the ones with high ice mins on their nhl squads.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will be playing for team Serbia :troll:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with the Hawks players and other NHL players playing in the olympics. It's an equal chance that a Blackhawks player gets injured as to a Penguins or Bruins player. The top teams in the league have the top talent. Those players are going to be on olympic squads. All the top teams have pretty much the same number of guys in the olympics. Therefore, same odds of an injury.

Tell me....how many guys were injured last time around? If I recall right not many and zero Blackhawks.

It's like an all-star game that matters. Who wouldn't want to watch that?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I have no problem with the Hawks players and other NHL players playing in the olympics. It's an equal chance that a Blackhawks player gets injured as to a Penguins or Bruins player. The top teams in the league have the top talent. Those players are going to be on olympic squads. All the top teams have pretty much the same number of guys in the olympics. Therefore, same odds of an injury.

Tell me....how many guys were injured last time around? If I recall right not many and zero Blackhawks.

It's like an all-star game that matters. Who wouldn't want to watch that?

Baseball fans... But I agree with the rest.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baseball fans... But I agree with the rest.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Except in baseball it only matters for the 15 or so teams actually in the race at the point in the season. The rest of the fans know their team won't gain or lose anything by the all-star game. Also with a fan vote there is collective bitching over which players make it.

Not like that in the Olympics. Also, it's the fucking olympics. Everyone wants to see the best players. Sidney Crosby, Toews, and Lundqvuist on one side. Kane, Quick, and Parise on the other. It's interesting.