OT Oregon Justin Herbert

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
My lock for the #1 overall pick plays tonight.

Herbert returned to Oregon after being considered a top 5 pick in last years draft. Oregon in my opinion doesn't look like a National Championship team. But Herbert insists that they are and that is why he returned. This guy is trying to put the Ducks on his shoulders this year and win them a title.

Why is Herbert a lock for the #1 overall pick? He quite simply is a pocket passer executing a fast paced offense with total competency. Herbert isn't a perfect fit in the Oregon system at all, but he is so accurate from the pocket that the Oregon Ducks overwhelm defenses with the unpredictability. Watching some of the film on the guy shows that he stands very calm in the pocket and has great vision over the field, giving him a relaxed stance and poise in the pocket. If you watch him deliver some of his deep ball its almost as if he locks in on his target, relaxes, and then delivers a strike. Most QBs in the NFL don't do this. In fact outside of Brady and Rogers I cant say I notice any other quarterback who sets and throws with such a relaxed and focused appearance. Brees, while great, seems to be much more active behind the line and looking intensely and firing accurately, something we rarely see successful QBs do. In fact the closest thing to Drew Brees in the NFL is Russell Wilson and I don't think the two of them are even remotely close as far as arm talent, accuracy, and definitely not production. Herbert does play in a gimmick offense, but its a gimmicky offense not because of Herbert but the personnel around him. Herbert with his accuracy and vision could play on any team and be successful. In my opinion from watching him he is accurate all over the field at every distance and is a solid thrower on the run.(Although in the NFL he should not do this often) In the NFL scheme and personnel are important in making QBs successful but there are exceptions. Some QBs are successful with any WR corps and scheme, reason being, can find the open targets at any and every level on the field and deliver a strike given the time. Smith couldn't throw the long ball, Wilson cant read defenses all the well, Lamar Jackson depends on the run game to play pitch and catch off the threat of his legs.

If there is a problem with Herbert or there is going to be one it is going to be the speed of the NFL game and keeping that calm delivery when setting to throw, I think he can get under center and make all the pre snap adjustments within a year or two in a system, long term though he has an arm you can build around and receivers and route runners will excel with him as their QB. He doesn't create big plays with his leg or with playcalling, he lets the players around him run their routes and hits the open player. Some of Oregons offense is schemed, but the deep throws and the accuracy to the sidelines can't be schemed.

This isn't some stretch to imagine and I might be stating the obvious to a few. But I'm betting on this horse to go #1 and be a real deal QB in the NFL.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
if its not bears related its supposed to mean... OFF TOPIC... Bears being the topic...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yes, but who cares about next yeats draft right now.

This Bears team needs a swing OT, and today is the day to be looking for one.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think he’s who the giants really wanted last year

napo55

Liked Posts:
Yes, but who cares about next yeats draft right now.

This Bears team needs a swing OT, and today is the day to be looking for one.
Every team needs a good swing tackle. If they can find one near the bottom of the waiver list, it would be a near miracle.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I had something to say.

SAVE IT UNTIL DRAFT TIME!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't believe he was ever a consensus top 5 pick

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I had something to say.

SAVE IT UNTIL DRAFT TIME!

The reason I said it now, is because its going to be a prediction of the college season. Tua and Herbert are in a competition to be the 1st QB taken. I'm simply stating that at the start of the college season Herbert is going to outperform Tua and show why he's the #1 pick. Also that if you enjoy watching a future NFL QB that you should tune in and give your opinion. Especially since you will have nothing to talk about for 4 or 5 days until the bears play.

If you don't like something, dont read it, don't reply, or don't let it bother you. You're getting mad on the internet and that's just pathetic.

At draft time I can just resurrect the thread and see if I was correct. In fact if I am wrong, you can resurrect it and call me an idiot. how fun would that be? See I've gone and made myself vulnerable.

Watch the game tonight... Give your opinion.... Or just idk... Fuck off...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
MITCH WISHES HE WAS AS GOOD AS HERBERT

I think Mitch has a confidence and composure issue... Not a problem... but an issue... He gets too excited his adrenaline takes over and he approaches the game in a panic. He should approach throwing the ball like a golfer gets set to hit a ball. Approach, set, relaxed, focus, execute. He like 90% of QBs in the league go from Approach to focus to execute.

The "poise" part is missing sometimes mid game... But somehow shows up down the stretch.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The reason I said it now, is because its going to be a prediction of the college season. Tua and Herbert are in a competition to be the 1st QB taken. I'm simply stating that at the start of the college season Herbert is going to outperform Tua and show why he's the #1 pick. Also that if you enjoy watching a future NFL QB that you should tune in and give your opinion. Especially since you will have nothing to talk about for 4 or 5 days until the bears play.

If you don't like something, dont read it, don't reply, or don't let it bother you. You're getting mad on the internet and that's just pathetic.

At draft time I can just resurrect the thread and see if I was correct. In fact if I am wrong, you can resurrect it and call me an idiot. how fun would that be? See I've gone and made myself vulnerable.

Watch the game tonight... Give your opinion.... Or just idk... Fuck off...
Who cares? Bears Will be picking #32...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Who cares? Bears Will be picking #32...

I agree. But I also love watching football. It's 90% Bears 10% everything else... But I still enjoy the 10% of other things to watch football related... College matchups... Brady vs Brees… Stuff like that still makes me tune in and pay attention. I like the sport. I'm not just a ignorant die hard fan of 1 team.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I agree. But I also love watching football. It's 90% Bears 10% everything else... But I still enjoy the 10% of other things to watch football related... College matchups... Brady vs Brees… Stuff like that still makes me tune in and pay attention. I like the sport. I'm not just a ignorant die hard fan of 1 team.
Ahhh...ignorant fan of a couple teams then. Ok...got it.